Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De On Fp Bp: "we Never Meant To Imply It Was Exclusive" Wait, What?

Unknown924

From the Raptr Q&A we have the following qyestion about the Frost Prime:

"Question 1:about the MOA extermination event u guys had not to long the prize or reward so to speak was the *exclusive* frost prime blueprint any reason to why its now a void drop?and maybe an explanation to why the decision was made? i myself am not really bother buy it but decent portion of my gaming community are bit upset about it "

And in reply from from David Kudirka: "It is a very rare item, the event was a great head start for players to get their hands on the BP. We never meant to imply it was exclusive. "

When I read this it just stunned me. DE never meant to imply the Frost Prime blueprint was exclusive.  If they did not mean to imply it was exclusive, then how did people get the idea it was exclusive?  Lets take a look:

First is the live stream at bit after 25:40:

We have "I suppose this operation sets their expectations for the future - only a hundred thousand credits and only an exclusive, like, prime blueprint"

I suppose mistakes can be made once, time to look for more comments about the FP blueprint.

Here is a post by DE_Steve about reactions to the MOA operation:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/39923-de-about-the-extermination-operation/#entry381690

Well, what do you know.  The operation reward has been refered to as exclusive again.

Can we go three for three?  Why yes we can:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/39923-de-about-the-extermination-operation/#entry381765

As you can see, DE has used exlusive to describe rewards from the MOA operation.  Now they are saying they "never meant to imply" the reward was exlusive.

So DE didn't mean to imply that something they called an exclusive reward was exclusive.  Excuse me?  How does that work?

If you don't want people to think something is exclusive, then DON"T DESCRIBE IT AS EXCLUSIVE.

What could have been done different?

All DE had to do was describe the Frost Prime blueprint as very rare drop.  Something like "enjoy the extremely rare reward."  That would tell people the reward was not exclusive to the event and could eventially be found in game.

DE, please work on better communication.  Just the small change I suggested above could have prevented the current situation of people feeling like they were decieved.

+100000000

This is a dead horse by now, seriously

I doubt this is anyone's first time seeing this sort of topic

It is important that we keep beating these dead horses until we get a response from DE. We have to show them that we aren't going to forget about it tomorrow and that they HAVE to address the issues we have with what they do or say. Otherwise we're just encouraging them to continue to sweep things under the rug.

As the top-scoring player in the Operation...

I worked harder than any other player toward the goal of unlocking Frost Prime, but I don't mind that anyone can get it.

Exclusivity is a matter of vanity. I care little for vanity. If you're upset that someone else can enjoy something you do, take a hike. You aren't contributing to the happiness of others, but are instead actively seeking to crush it. Shame on you.

Do you feel that you deserve the braton vandal?

Trying to say that vanity shouldn't matter to a player sn't helpful when cosmetics make up a large portion of many f2p game's profits ^^

I don't give a rats behind about exclusivity.  I give a crap about the lack of communication.

They didn't tell us what they meant clear enough and then when they backtracked on what everyone assumed we hear about it through a Q and A on some third party site instead of telling us to our faces here in their own forums...

It is important that we keep beating these dead horses until we get a response from DE. We have to show them that we aren't going to forget about it tomorrow and that they HAVE to address the issues we have with what they do or say. Otherwise we're just encouraging them to continue to sweep things under the rug.

Can't tell if trolling or serious....

I worked harder than any other player toward the goal of unlocking Frost Prime, but I don't mind that anyone can get it.

Exclusivity is a matter of vanity. I care little for vanity. If you're upset that someone else can enjoy something you do, take a hike. You aren't contributing to the happiness of others, but are instead actively seeking to crush it. Shame on you.

This topic isn't about exclusivity.

The community's behavior and attitude doesn't do much to encourage them to talk, either.

Can't tell if trolling or serious....

I am quite serious, when we don't speak out when they do something we disagree with they will assume there are no problems and rinse and repeat. If we don't continually nag on an issue they'll pretend like it doesn't exist. Case in point would be the platinum prices, we have a thread with a well thought out improvement to the plat prices with a S#&$ ton of upvotes but I guarantee you we will hear nothing about it because it's already fallen far from the front page. We need to keep it bumped to the top of the page until we get an answer otherwise I guarantee they'll pretend said thread doesn't exist.

The community's behavior and attitude doesn't do much to encourage them to talk, either.

I won't deny that, but this is a legitimate issue as is Forma and void drop rates.

This issue is worse than Benghazi.

I loled

Well, in all honesty, at the time of the event up until the release of Update 8 it was exclusive since it was not available anywhere else.

Things are not exclusive forever.

Do you hunt down and scream and yell at sales men that said "Exclusive limited time offer" only to see the item for sale in Walmart six months later with the "As seen on TV" symbol on the box?

No, you don't.

There is nothing wrong with the Frost Prime BP being a rare drop in Void missions. Take into account all the people who were too low a level to take part in the event on Europa or the fact that this game is still in beta.

It is not like the Frost Prime BP was announced before the event and people took part in the event solely to get it.

What do you expect? DE to release the game and say sorry, see these drops here (Frost Prime chassis, helmet and systems) you had to be in the beta in order for these to be of any use. What do you think a new player will think once the game is released?

That's why the Vandal stuff is unobtainable correct? Or the Founder's Prime weapons/frame are exclusive right?  They stick to their guns on one thing, claim this is going to be exclusive, then it's not.  Not saying I really mind all that much, but your point is moot. And also yes, I do like the idea of things being there to show you were there for special events or for BETA etc.  If you're a new player and can't get it, well.. That's how the cookie crumbles I guess.

Where did I say the blueprint should or shouldn't be exclusive?  Where did you get the idea I was trying to cursh the happiness of others?

I have to ask: Did you even read my post?  Because I see no evidence of it in your reply.  All I see is someone lashing out over something that didn't happen.

What I did was:

1 - post the official answer given by DE that they did not mean to imply the blueprint was exclusive

2 - post three seperate times where the reward was described as, and specifically called exclusive to the operation

3 - Attempted to reconcile 1 & 2 - DE never mean to imply that the item they described as exclusive was exclusive

4 - Offer a solution that would have avoided the entire problem - describe the reward for the operation as a rare item.

I don't give a rats behind about exclusivity.  I give a crap about the lack of communication.

They didn't tell us what they meant clear enough and then when they backtracked on what everyone assumed we hear about it through a Q and A on some third party site instead of telling us to our faces here in their own forums...

Agreed! This is what is important.

Agreed. Otherwise it gives the notion that it can be done again. Just as we now have the notion that we dont have to care about participating in events.

Do you feel that you deserve the braton vandal?

Trying to say that vanity shouldn't matter to a player sn't helpful when cosmetics make up a large portion of many f2p game's profits ^^

In a F2P game exclusivity is the selling point. Hence founders packs/titles, and buying items with money.

In a F2P game exclusivity is the selling point. Hence founders packs/titles, and buying items with money.

That's exactly my point. Trying to say that people shouldn't be vain is a bad idea because the "holy grail" of a f2p game with a conscience makes all its money through cosmetics/vanity items that have no effect on gameplay.

yes, a population of people often have multiple sections with differing opinions about various matters. good job.

DE makes it seem like reward was exclusive: People rage hard.

DE makes it not exclusive: People rage hard.

More and more I am seeing this trend...

Hek too OP

*heck nerf*

WTF y u nerf hek?

Glaive / Vauban only in alerts! BP's need to drop elsewhere

*bp's put into login rewards*

WTF is this blueprint doing in my login reward!?!? It's useless!

Just sayin.

Where did I say the blueprint should or shouldn't be exclusive?  Where did you get the idea I was trying to cursh the happiness of others?

My comment was directed at its intended audience. If you are not its intended audience, disregard it. The people who act in the way I described know who they are. I don't blame you for being defensive, however. I understand that you are heavily emotionally invested in this issue.

Edited by Kahruvel

DE shud make an effort to respond to forum posts on their off days. Would stop a lot of people qqing and making the same topics over and over with so much senseless jibber jabber. 

They do.

Just not as much as some forum users ^^

This is all really incredibly ridiculous. I'm glad they made the frost prime BP availabe to others who didn't particpate in the event. 

Just like I will be glad when they eventually release the excalibur prime for farming / acquisition. 

The level of arrogance and ignorance regarding this subject is absolutely astounding. 

Fatal - not now.

If someone didn't use Raptr and this topic (or anyone elses topic) hadn't been reposted - how would you have heard about these responses?

The livestream every 2 weeks is great fun, I watch it every time, it's a great way to interact with us!

BUT they should NOT be ignoring our pleas for communication on matters just in order to hold out questions for a livestream Q and A.

That is 2 weeks of rants and 20 page topics until they pacify us. (or ignite our fires even more because our opinions on the game conflict)

They SAID they planned on improving communication - I haven't seen much of that lately..

Honestly, players shouldn't be ranting about this exclusivity crap. They must be really uptight or just trying to start something, imo.

*Sigh* Seriously, how many threads about frost prime bp do we need? Starting using the search button if you really want DE to take the forums seriously because I see so much spam and mostly rage, and no I'm not talking about the new mod or the meat.

This is all really incredibly ridiculous. I'm glad they made the frost prime BP availabe to others who didn't particpate in the event. 

Just like I will be glad when they eventually release the excalibur prime for farming / acquisition. 

The level of arrogance and ignorance regarding this subject is absolutely astounding. 

ikr, but they won't be releasing the excalibur prime since only founders get it.

Edited by Stygi

Is it not just as petty to complain about how unfair it is that we got a limited edition item and you did not?

Why no mention of the vandals?