Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Only show the ammo you need

Cyler

Alright, my main complaint about the game right now(just playing for a day) is all that ammo lying around that nobody actually needs, I never have rifle ammo, and none of my teammates got any either. There's all that shotgun, sniper and whatever else ammo, I keep walking over it just to find out it's NOT the kind of ammo I need.

So, is it possible to change it so you only see the ammo you need? Like rifle and pistol ammo in my case.

EDIT: Another possibility:

There is this "ray" going upwards from the ammo(when on the bottom) which is orange right now, why not colouring it blue/green/whatever for the ammo you can use? So you can still see the other ammo but you know YOU can't use it.

Edited by Cyler

That's sound reasoning. I seem to spend a lot of my time running over the same ammo drop over and over (can't fix stupid :P). I like the idea of the coloration difference. There's something cool about getting "stuff", though. Initially I love the idea of not "seeing" ammo I can't use, but when I open lockers and "stuff" just flies out it feels good, even if I can't use it (orbs at least I can run back to).

or perhaps just make universal ammo boxes, make them drop less frequently, and change the pistol/shotgun/assault/sniper scavengers to just "ammo scavenger". That way less crap laying around, everyone sees the same and gets it, and scavengers still have use and wont be as annoying to people who dont use that specific ammo type.

Color coding wouldn't work out well, you'd need 4 colours to work with. That would look too colorfull for Warframe :/

i think it'd look just fine.

Just make them dark. Red, Yello, Blue, Green. The colour correction filter washes over everything and blends it anyway.

Another vote for combining a few of these ideas. Different colored glow based on if you can or cannot use it (currently having that weapon type equipped) + different models to specify what type of ammo that pickup supplies would make players able to tell immediately if they can or cannot use a dropped ammo pickup.