Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Setting Controller Controls To Default Breaks Bringing Up Chat With Controller.

Aimela

So, this issue only effects the game when in its "controller mode"(for players reading who don't know, you do this by starting the game in Steam's Big Picture Mode).

If I press "X" while editing the controls to return the controls to default, LT no longer brings up the chat window. Instead of displaying LT next to the chat window, it just displays a set of two quotation marks.

I encountered the same problem. I tried to edit C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Warframe\EE.cfg, but nothing I did seemed to fix it. So deleted EE.cfg, and that fixed it. I tried to replicate the problem by restoring default controller settings, which it did, but when I then deleted EE.cfg again the problem persisted. And now the only thing that reliably fixes it for me is to delete all the contents of C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Warframe.

Relieved that it was working again, I went to swap the bumpers with the triggers because I use a DualShock 3, but that disabled LT for chat again. So I guess the options are a) playing with default bindings and having chat or b) playing with custom bindings and foregoing chat.

The only solution now I can think of is to change how Better DS3 maps XInput onto the DualShock 3. But this is an ugly workaround.

By the way, shouldn't this be in Bug Reports -> PC Beta Bugs? That way it might get fixed in the next hotfix. Could a mod please move this there?