Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devs I Don't Think You Were Supposed To Use This Texture.....

Klaleara

Well then, someone is stealing copyrighted works :3

I doubt someone actually took the texture with intent to actually use it in a final release. It was probably just a placeholder ripped for use during very early stages of development that was never meant to see public release, and just happened to be misnamed.

Funny thing is, for people who know a little bit about DE's history on game developement, that they co-developed the PS3 version of BioShock and, correct me if I'm wrong, but also BioShock 2's multiplayer portion. It's not surprising they have the texture still laying around, but..

Yeah. Do Not Use. 

I doubt someone actually took the texture with intent to actually use it in a final release. It was probably just a placeholder ripped for use during very early stages of development that was never meant to see public release, and just happened to be misnamed.

Orokin reactor online

Enhanced Golden Imaging online

Forcing systems to nominal

Maybe QA isn't being worked hard enough if they don't spot this stuff.

I'd say it might possibly be the other way around. If it's crunch time, and you have to get stuff out 5 minutes ago, sometimes you miss things.

I don't think anyone will be fired for this, nor should they.

Besides, with void keys being as stupidly rare as they are, it's not like any decent amount of people will even see it anyway.

Someone forgot to remove a reference to a placeholder.

Using assets that you don't always have the rights to use commercially (as in, in a finished product) is not that uncommon for design mockups. It just looks like someone forgot to put in the actual proper texture in and/or rename the reference to it.

I'd say it might possibly be the other way around. If it's crunch time, and you have to get stuff out 5 minutes ago, sometimes you miss things.

I don't think anyone will be fired for this, nor should they.

Besides, with void keys being as stupidly rare as they are, it's not like any decent amount of people will even see it anyway.

"with void keys as rare as they are"

you've missed the last few days haven't you...