The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Should Have More Farming!

simeo77

Because I don't think we have enough farming in this game. We have WAY too much substantial content to keep people motivated in the storyline of the game. If there were even like.... sub-missions, so we could farm for buildings and materials so we could farm for more materials, it would be golden.

No but seriously. I thought U8 was supposed to give us more actual content and gameplay? I thought the devs said something like this in a livestream.

Instead I've been met with more farming. Farming for materials to make dojo rooms to make more weapons we could farm materials for.....

At least a new mission type that didn't cost plat (instead of void keys) would have been nice.

Edited by simeo77

I dont suppose that you can see how u8 made for more play. Void is fun to me, and If you hate farming then you may need to consider a different type of game. There are games that there are 0 farming elements, though I can't tell you about them, I play warframe, where random number gen is not a bad thing. If you could run 10 missions a day that allowed you to select your reward in each run, why would you play the 11th run? Why would you come back a month from now? We curse RNG but at the same time, most people (never speak for all unless you are hitler) should be able to see how this is an acceptable trade off. RNG for excitment, who doesnt like getting something new? I can answer that one, the guy who gets something new, until there is nothing new, then he comes to the forums to complain that there is not enough content, he already has it all after 5 days of U8 being out.

Edited by crow-k

I dont suppose that you can see how u8 made for more play. Void is fun to me, and If you hate farming then you may need to consider a different type of game. There are games that there are 0 farming elements, though I can't tell you about them, I play warframe, where random number gen is not a bad thing. If you could run 10 missions a day that allowed you to select your reward in each run, why would you play the 11th run? Why would you come back a month from now? We curse RNG but at the same time, most people (never speak for all unless you are hitler) should be able to see how this is an acceptable trade off. RNG for excitment, who doesnt like getting something new? I can answer that one, the guy who gets something new, until there is nothing new, then he comes to the forums to complain that there is not enough content, he already has it all after 5 days of U8 being out.

1: Yes, you can at least mention these games with no farming. Freedom of speech and all that.

2: RNG, as it is in Warframe, is broken as hell. The RNG is horribly skewed to avoid giving you certain items (RNGs don't like to land on results at the edges of the selection, which DE has failed to take into account). Unless DE fixes the RNG so that it is an unbiased system, yes, the RNG has to go.

3: RNG doesn't add excitement, it adds randomness. Randomness isn't fun. Sure, it'll make you bite your teeth in anticipation every time it comes up, but that's it. RNG =/= fun.

4: If the only thing keeping you playing a game is it's content, that it is a poor game. If a game is made well enough and is fun to play, you shouldn't even need content addons. CoD is a good example of a game that has "fake fun", as the only incentive I had to actually play the few CoD games I had was for the purpose of unlocking everything, and even then I dropped most of the games before I did so. Just an example.

1: Yes, you can at least mention these games with no farming. Freedom of speech and all that.

2: RNG, as it is in Warframe, is broken as hell. The RNG is horribly skewed to avoid giving you certain items (RNGs don't like to land on results at the edges of the selection, which DE has failed to take into account). Unless DE fixes the RNG so that it is an unbiased system, yes, the RNG has to go.

3: RNG doesn't add excitement, it adds randomness. Randomness isn't fun. Sure, it'll make you bite your teeth in anticipation every time it comes up, but that's it. RNG =/= fun.

4: If the only thing keeping you playing a game is it's content, that it is a poor game. If a game is made well enough and is fun to play, you shouldn't even need content addons. CoD is a good example of a game that has "fake fun", as the only incentive I had to actually play the few CoD games I had was for the purpose of unlocking everything, and even then I dropped most of the games before I did so. Just an example.

Can you show me conclusive evidence that the RNG system in Warframe works as you described? I'm pretty sure they've never released their code and as such I believe you are speculating by looking at code that other companies use. This would be unwise as it could lead to misinformation being spread, please stop.

Either way, DE can see server stats. If drop rates are truly skewed as people seem to claim it would be very obvious to them and it would be changed, as the reaper handle was for example.

And as you'll notice, he has no source. He goes on to list a number of other programs and companies that use the system he describes but provides no proof that Warframe is using this system, hence speculation.

Pretty much every RNG works the same. From what we can tell just by playing the game, it's safe to assume that this RNG works just the same as most others.

1. No I really can't. I know they exist but I don't play them. ^^

2. RNG is about as unbiased as you can get, you made a point that DE could polish the (code) I am assuming, to clear up some chances, and I have no issues about that. Cleaning code and making things clear is usually a good idea.

3. You and I have different opinions about this, thats ok. If randomness is not fun or possible fun the other choice (at the other end of the slider) is structured development. At X point you receive Y perk/item/skill. Works for COD but not as much here, I feel.

4. Its not just the content, but yes, that is a large part for me, I like the idea of new things added so often, new weapons, new locations, new everything. Not to mention being part of the develoment process, talking with DE employees and feeling like I am part of the making of a game, limited as though I know my input is,

regardless of how drops are determined its obvious that there are problems with it. farming isnt bad itself but the chance of a given material being dropped of a specific rarity should be equal to all other materials of that given rarity.

Update 8 in a nutshell:

1). Farm Missions and hopes RNG gives you a Void Key!

2). Do Void and hopes the RNG gives you a Forma!
3). Start building a Dojo (that takes LOTS of farmed materials and Forma)

Chance to get Void Keys is absolutely terrible (friend and I doing dozens of missions since U8, no keys. Not a single one). So uh.....Void is awesome... I was there a coupla times (someone bought a pack), but uh.... it'd be even nicer IF I COULD ACTUALLY GO THERE on a frequent basis.

But nope.

Pay or don't go at all basically.

regardless of how drops are determined its obvious that there are problems with it. farming isnt bad itself but the chance of a given material being dropped of a specific rarity should be equal to all other materials of that given rarity.

Farming isn't bad when you are being given CONSISTENT rewards for your effort. When I do a couple dozen missions and get nothing useful out of it, 'cept a few resources and a whole stack of common mods.... yeah.

I'm thinking "Why do I bother to keep doing it when I ain't getting anything out of it anyways?"

I can see your issue.

RNG is RNG is all I can say. Over time you will get everything, that's all I can say on that.

As for content, they are adding it in drips and drabs. There will be actual lore content and gameplay relating that delivered to us, they've said that in the dev stream. As to when, I can't really say.

Update 8 in a nutshell:

1). Farm Missions and hopes RNG gives you a Void Key!

2). Do Void and hopes the RNG gives you a Forma!

3). Start building a Dojo (that takes LOTS of farmed materials and Forma)

Chance to get Void Keys is absolutely terrible (friend and I doing dozens of missions since U8, no keys. Not a single one). So uh.....Void is awesome... I was there a coupla times (someone bought a pack), but uh.... it'd be even nicer IF I COULD ACTUALLY GO THERE on a frequent basis.

But nope.

Pay or don't go at all basically.

Or be like me and gain usually 1 key per 5 runs. That is acceptable IMO. Void runs shouldnt be all your doing, besides for every 1 that drops , 4 people go. So if you and your friends are doing, like I, Io runs on Jupiter to wave 10 for max efficiency with killing, getting mats ect,1/5 chance to get key. 4 people = 4 trips. If you really have never ever seen one drop, might I add that persistance in RNG is rewarded eventually as persisting the RNG means May the odds ever be in your favor.

Or be like me and gain usually 1 key per 5 runs. That is acceptable IMO. Void runs shouldnt be all your doing, besides for every 1 that drops , 4 people go. So if you and your friends are doing, like I, Io runs on Jupiter to wave 10 for max efficiency with killing, getting mats ect,1/5 chance to get key. 4 people = 4 trips. If you really have never ever seen one drop, might I add that persistance in RNG is rewarded eventually as persisting the RNG means May the odds ever be in your favor.

Yeah, I also hear that beating your head against a brick wall will make you see rainbows and stars.

Some people see them after a couple whacks, other people it takes 30+ whacks.

The people who need to do 30+ whacks.... try telling them that "You'll see it soon, just keep doing it!"

Doesn't make it any less painful.

Crow, I would refrain from mentioning Hitler in unrelated arguments. It's a great way to completely lose the respect of your peers, and instantly lose any claim to legitimacy you have in an argument.

Edited by Kiteless

Crow, I would refrain from mentioning Hitler in unrelated arguments. It's a great way to completely lose the respect of your peers, and instantly lose any claim to legitimacy you have in an argument.

I have no peers here. and if mentioning that speaking for everyone is to be refrained from unless you are hitler is considered wrong, I don't want to be right.  But, I do appreciate your concern. Thank you.

Yeah, I also hear that beating your head against a brick wall will make you see rainbows and stars.

Some people see them after a couple whacks, other people it takes 30+ whacks.

The people who need to do 30+ whacks.... try telling them that "You'll see it soon, just keep doing it!"

Doesn't make it any less painful.

So playing a game is stressful for you. I am not making a joke, or being faceitious when I say this, but maybe you should consider another past time. Games should be fun, and no there is nothign wrong asking them to adjust things. Never wrong with this company, I only present the other side of the coin, or more specifically my side of the coin, or credits. I hope that there is a middle ground where you do  find abit of fun here. good luck,

So playing a game is stressful for you.

Nope. Playing games are not stressful to me.

I do, however, get annoyed when I feel like I absolutely wasted my time and have nothing to show for it in a game that is SUPPOSED to be about PROGRESSION. IE, you spend time, you make PROGRESS. What can't people understand about No Progress = Lame?

I am not making a joke, or being faceitious when I say this, but maybe you should consider another past time. Games should be fun, and no there is nothign wrong asking them to adjust things.

Yeah, games SHOULD be fun, and the current Void Key/Forma model just isn't fun when you do dozens upon dozens of missions and not see a single one. Then it is a more "Why the bleep am I even playing this when I never make any progression?"

Never wrong with this company, I only present the other side of the coin, or more specifically my side of the coin, or credits. I hope that there is a middle ground where you do  find abit of fun here. good luck,

And when we try to ask them to adjust things, we always get forum trolls going OH, ITS FINE STOP YOUR WHINING blah blah blah.

Edited by Xylia

Nope. Playing games are not stressful to me.

I do, however, get annoyed when I feel like I absolutely wasted my time and have nothing to show for it in a game that is SUPPOSED to be about PROGRESSION. IE, you spend time, you make PROGRESS. What can't people understand about No Progress = Lame?

Yeah, games SHOULD be fun, and the current Void Key/Forma model just isn't fun when you do dozens upon dozens of missions and not see a single one. Then it is a more "Why the bleep am I even playing this when I never make any progression?"

And when we try to ask them to adjust things, we always get forum trolls going OH, ITS FINE STOP YOUR WHINING blah blah blah.

Yea, but trolls troll. Keep it constructive and good luck.

I can see your issue.

RNG is RNG is all I can say. Over time you will get everything, that's all I can say on that.

As for content, they are adding it in drips and drabs. There will be actual lore content and gameplay relating that delivered to us, they've said that in the dev stream. As to when, I can't really say.

I'm sorry if my OP started a flame war here. That wasn't my intention. But what I'm getting at is actual lore content. I'm mastery rank 6 about to be 7. According to steam I've put in 200+ hours. I've done my fair share of resource farming with 11 frames and 3 times that many weapons. Farming.... is tiring. Don't care about RNG being rigged (which it is) because in some ways I could understand it/ignore it being rigged.

I'm talking actual lore content like a real game. Constantly developing storyline. Special missions to make "progress". Etc. I thought I heard the devs say U8 would give us this and I've been hanging on. I still have NO lore with U8 and the gameplay is all about farming and shooting the same (now for me) easy mobs.

TL:DL I'm making this thread in hopes the community will agree with me and start asking for more gameplay content and less new weapons. (ie less farming needs more content)