Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would You Hold Back On Forma-Ing?

Dhansak

Question

I had just started my first wave of formaing some of my primaries about a month ago. I was about to start on putting forma on some other weapons when I saw DE mention they were unhappy about "mandatory" mods (like Serration) and seemed to want to change things about.

Is this imminent? I am reluctant to forma for such mods if they are to be replaced with mods of unknown polarity. I don't mind (good) change but I don't want to waste time relevelling stuff that won't make any sense in the end! I can live with this when they nerf a weapon that you have spent ages getting it to where you want it - but I draw the line at mod changes that could effect every formad weapon we have!

So - would you hold back from formaing weapons for now?

Cheers

10 answers to this question

I've held back, but at this point, I don't care anymore. I have builds planned out for guns and I want to use them with those planned builds. DE says we will be compensated (with what exactly, I have no idea) so we won't be totally at a loss. Also the major thing is that no one knows what is going to happen with these nerfs/rebalances. And on Devstream 60 (I think it was) they sounded like they were barely coming into the idea. So, keep your eyes open, I guess.

I'm still formaing most of my weapons as usual. Only ones I am holding back on are the secondaries, right now in stead of the three V polarities I am quicker to forma in a - to get some QoL or damage mods on (seeker or primed heated charge save lots of points that way).

I understand your point : all my primaries builds start with 2 V and my secondaries with 3 for damage + multishot mods.

If they change behaviours of "mandatory" mods, they should compensate us for fusioning mods we may no longer use + give us back 1 forma for each polarity put on weapons with those mods equipped.

But I won't hold back because that's all I can do now and I have trust in DE for trying to improve their game ^^

I've got a few that I'd like to move from 4-forma to 6-forma so that I can start to max out some of the pricier mods.

But, I've decided to wait.  

In the meantime, I'm looking at alternate weapons that I've never used much and seeing if they can benefit from one or two formas.  I don't think I'd hold off on putting one or two.  Maybe hold off on that 4th forma?  And perhaps don't do a 6th right now? Just in case?  But, one or two or three should be no worries.

(at least I hope)

Edited by mellojoe

Thanks all for your input.

I think I will follow your measured approach and go with a couple of "safe" polarities per weapon then wait and see what happens. Hope they don't replace the mandatories with D polarity ones though! (surely they wouldn't be that cruel...)

Just wish I hadn't spent so many resources levelling up Primed Point Blank... another (though primed) mandatory I guess!

I am coming to the conclusion that if something takes a lot of time and effort to do - don't do it - they'll only take it away from us. That came across as more negative than intended - I still enjoy the game! But I'll be a lot more casual about it in future :)