Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Vs Destiny

MrEvilMexican

Well, Destiny is getting Microtransactions in a few days so...

To me, it won't change the fact that Bungie thoroughly cashgrabbed its way to reach biased standards to where it may end up pretty much like the classic MMO's that has rotten away for good, and adding microtransactions along with Paid "DLC" is never going to make me give nor will provide reasonable fixtures with people who already bought the game and suffered from it.

I once had an argument with my friend about whether warframe or destiny was better and now he hates me for liking warframe so i thought about annoying him alot by giving him all the results ive collected in this fourm on reasons why warframe is better that destiny so pls give me the most annoyingly logical reasons. remember, the more logical the annoyinger it is for my friend. thank u in advance.

Warframe has more playable classes.

Warframe isn't geared towards console players or casual players.

Warframe has been around nearly 2 years longer, and is more refined in terms of its gameplay and mechanics as a result.

Warframe has a unique drop and customization system instead of being another Diablo-lite like Destiny.

Warframe has (arguably) more content.

Warframe is free.

Warframe is on PC.

Warframe doesn't have obnoxiously priced DLC.

DE is comfortable with Warframe being called an MMO, unlike Bungie with Destiny ("OMG it's a squad-based online team shooter with leveling, guilds, item drops, raids, social areas, and quests, not an MMO")

Warframe's obscure and confusing lore is actually in the game instead of on a separate website, and there's already some source material it draws from (Dark Sector).

DE's history is arguably better and more technically impressive than Bungie's (Unreal and Dark Sector vs. Marathon and Halo).

The art direction in Warframe isn't as schizophrenic as Destiny.

Warframe is pure sci-fi whereas Destiny is more of a Star Wars-esque space fantasy (make of that what you will, but I personally think it makes Warframe the more focused and consistent of the two, rather than just explaining things away with magic).

Warframe's melee weapons don't require rocket-propelled grenades to use.

Warframe has melee weapons that aren't claymores.

Warframe's melee is actually interesting.

Warframes have four skills as opposed to one.

Ordis is way cooler than Dinklebot/Drakebot.

DE is Canadian.

Warframe's movement system is better.

It took Bungie a year to realize that their player base wasn't casuals.

Warframe has a lot more variance in weapons and playstyles (Whereas destiny just has very basic variations of Tank (Titan), Caster (Warlock), and DPS (Hunter), three ammo/weapon types, and a large focus on primary weapons).

^^

I don't get the Dota 2 trend but eh, Fallout 4's coming so I won't bother

15 Million Dollars makes for quite a trend.

Also eSports in general have only blown up very recently, especially PC eSports (with the exception of Brood War).

How about you just ignore anyone trying to compare the two because they're about as similar as Battlefield and Doom

Doom is better. :P

Warframe has more playable classes.

Warframe isn't geared towards console players or casual players.

Warframe has been around nearly 2 years longer, and is more refined in terms of its gameplay and mechanics as a result.

Warframe has a unique drop and customization system instead of being another Diablo-lite like Destiny.

Warframe has (arguably) more content.

Warframe is free.

Warframe is on PC.

Warframe doesn't have obnoxiously priced DLC.

DE is comfortable with Warframe being called an MMO, unlike Bungie with Destiny ("OMG it's a squad-based online team shooter with leveling, guilds, item drops, raids, social areas, and quests, not an MMO")

Warframe's obscure and confusing lore is actually in the game instead of on a separate website, and there's already some source material it draws from (Dark Sector).

DE's history is arguably better and more technically impressive than Bungie's (Unreal and Dark Sector vs. Marathon and Halo).

The art direction in Warframe isn't as schizophrenic as Destiny.

Warframe is pure sci-fi whereas Destiny is more of a Star Wars-esque space fantasy (make of that what you will, but I personally think it makes Warframe the more focused and consistent of the two, rather than just explaining things away with magic).

Warframe's melee weapons don't require rocket-propelled grenades to use.

Warframe has melee weapons that aren't claymores.

Warframe's melee is actually interesting.

Warframes have four skills as opposed to one.

Ordis is way cooler than Dinklebot/Drakebot.

DE is Canadian.

Warframe's movement system is better.

It took Bungie a year to realize that their player base wasn't casuals.

Warframe has a lot more variance in weapons and playstyles (Whereas destiny just has very basic variations of Tank (Titan), Caster (Warlock), and DPS (Hunter), three ammo/weapon types, and a large focus on primary weapons).

Let me just simplify this real quack...

Warframe is free.

gg

Edited by (PS4)buddy72757

We don't care! Well, at least I know I don't care! Different people will like different games, that's all it comes down to- especially when you compare two very different games. What good would proving one better than the other do anyway? Bragging rights on who has the "Best" game?

...some how, I thought that if you make people pay... once they have paid and acquired the item, they would subconsciously justify and rationalize, finding all good reasons for it, and therefore "value" the hard earned/acquired item more than the one for FREE...

maybe I was wrong after all.

Edited by ndantony