Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Ve Had Enough And I Need Some Serious Technical Help

thegamer118

Question

for the past 2 weeks, for reasons unknown to me, warframe has been very very buggy, for exemple i start the game and all, i go to either my arsenal or foundry, and then the game freezes, or it laggs like i move then my whole computer like freezes, even things unrelated to warframe like youtubes videos and stuff, then i can move my mouse and stuff again and freezes, over and over, or it crashes multiples times after i log on, or while i m in a mission, everything is fine and then the screen freezes, then move a bit, then the image freezes for real, but i can still move shoot use my powers play the game but blindly

after some point i can play the game normally whitout problems, but now i m sick of restarting my pc, forcefully close the game to relog to close to relog over and over, etc etc, how do i deal this guys ?

16 answers to this question

Have you tried validating the game files from the launcher?

no idea how to do that

Is the problem isolated only to Warframe, or have you tested running other graphics intensive games? First thing to do is narrow down if it is just in Warframe, or also happening with other games.

only warframe i m pretty sure of it

Sounds like you have a process that may be eating up all of your processing power.  First thing to do is open up your task manager, click on the "Processes" tab and sort the column by CPU so that the highest CPU usage is at the top.

The top CPU usage should be "System Idle Process" if you have nothing open.

That means 94-99% CPU is idle.  Check that first and come back here.  If its some process other than that.  Highlight it, KILL it, see if it comes back.  If it doesnt, then try playing Warframe and see how it goes.

Then you know you have to track down whatever that process is, and either uninstall, reinstall, or get rid of it all together.

That's the very first basic troubleshooting to do as it affecting EVERYTHING, not just warframe.

even things unrelated to warframe like youtubes videos and stuff, then i can move my mouse and stuff again and freezes, over and over, or it crashes multiples times after i log on,

This statement here leads me to believe its not just warframe.  To me that means you have something running that's hogging all resources.

Sounds like you have a process that may be eating up all of your processing power.  First thing to do is open up your task manager, click on the "Processes" tab and sort the column by CPU so that the highest CPU usage is at the top.

That means 94-99% CPU is idle.  Check that first and come back here.  If its some process other than that.  Highlight it, KILL it, see if it comes back.  If it doesnt, then try playing Warframe and see how it goes.

Then you know you have to track down whatever that process is, and either uninstall, reinstall, or get rid of it all together.

That's the very first basic troubleshooting to do as it affecting EVERYTHING, not just warframe.

Note:

System Idle process will not show up in more recent Windows versions' task manager unless you click the show processes from all users button (probably Vista and later, I know it doesn't in Windows 7).

It may be a good idea to google what the guilty process is before killing it, to see WHAT it is, and how you might fix its high CPU usage before killing a process that you don't know what it does. This is ESPECIALLY the case if the guilty process didn't show up until clicking the aforementioned button. Just search "<process name> high cpu usage" and you'll likely find some useful info.

Edited by Tails-san

i m sorry but what s CPU in french ? whenever people talk about it i get it but when i want to pinpoint i never know what it is ^^'

at least right now the thing is happening, warframe screen froze but the game is still going, i can hear idle animations stuff happening, and btw, warframe is taking a lot of my memory to process, is that normal ?

Edited by thegamer118

Note:

System Idle process will not show up in more recent Windows versions' task manager unless you click the show processes from all users button (probably Vista and later, I know it doesn't in Windows 7).

It may be a good idea to google what the guilty process is before killing it, to see WHAT it is, and how you might fix its high CPU usage before killing a process that you don't know what it does. This is ESPECIALLY the case if the guilty process didn't show up until clicking the aforementioned button. Just search "<process name> high cpu usage" and you'll likely find some useful info.

Yes i apologize.  I'm an IT guy, so I skip over some things because I take them for granted.

If the process that is pinned is "explorer.exe" then that is in very very basic terms is one of the core processes of windows. Your taskbar, desktop icons, everything you use to maneuver around in windows.  If you kill that, you'll have nothing but a blank screen.  You can in task manager go to FILE, New Task, type explorer.exe and it would fire right back up, but don't want to stray to far off topic.   If explorer.exe is the process that is spiked, then you have to do some leg work/detective work.  That could be caused by a number of things include malware/virus.

If its something else, then like tails-san said.  Research it, find out what it is before killing it.

i checked and i don t see anything abnormal really, if anything it s how much memory warframe takes

Have you ran a malware scan using like a free anti-malware program such as "malwarebytes" (available at CNET)

Download it, update it, and do a full scan.  See what it finds.

What I personally recommend doing is the following:

Warframe Related

Open the launcher and follow these easy steps:

nLGs613.jpg

vv9F3l4.png

Try unparking your CPU Cores with the following guide:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/289244-framerate-drops-high-cpu-loads-cpu-overheating-this-might-fix-it-cpu-core-unparking/

Now to check the DirectX version your computer is running.

Do the following:

Hold your Windows button and press the R key.

Enter: Dxdiag and press enter.

HiNRIf5.png

After you've done these you can go in-game and play with your graphic settings to see what suits your PC best.

I've personally noticed that borderless screen works the best for me.

OS Related

Step1: Eliminate programs starting up while booting your computer thus making it slower.

Press the windows button + R and enter: Msconfig

k6P16js.png

Step2: Check for windows updates and update your drivers!

Always use the manufacture websites and do not fall for programs which will scan and then require payment.

Updating software I recommend using: http://www.filehippo.com/download_app_manager/

Also, delete software you're not using on your pc!

Step3: Clean up the following folders:

Yes it is safe to delete the content of these folders!

Paths you put in your windows explorer:

C:\Windows\prefetch

C:\Windows\Temp

Step4: Use the following program to clean up your computer:
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

rbfvvIV.png

When you have installed Ccleaner, don't start yet!
I highly recommend adding to following program.

This program adds more options for a deeper clean of your computer :)

https://singularlabs.com/software/ccenhancer/

It will look like this:

sR8pNWt.png

4BQ6gps.png

As following, we're going to kill start up programs and scheduled events!

Increases boot time? I meant decreases! Point is, your PC will boot up faster.

Nlu6E95.png

rNGIQfj.png

Step5:

After this you can also defrag your computer, I recommend using the following program:
https://www.piriform.com/defraggler

If you're using a SSD do not run this unless you have a secondary drive for storage which is HDD.

Need help or it's too hard for you?

Feel free to sent me a PM and maybe I can help you find the issue quicker.

Edited by Sparkfear