Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash:bladestorm *toggle Drain Mode*

xLordKogax

Thank You!

Your words are much appreciated. You are one of the few Ash Players who also thinks alike. 

Im sure You as well grew up playing Ninja games like Shinobi Ninja Gaiden Tenchu etc... 

You Love and Dedicate Hours of Your life as we do to Ash/Prime and now that his Prime exists it only arises this question.

UMBRA ASH?

The Darker version of the Prime ofcoarse nowhere near up coming but a thought into the Future of Warframe.

Currently we can suggest great Ideas and Pray that the Community along with DE see like and the Idea may Flourish in game and we May enjoy a Better Ash/Prime.

I would say the way things look right now with the last 2 reworks I dont Like how Mesa and Saryn turned out.

Saryn really isnt as Bad as Mesa but she was still degraded pretty Hard too.

Im Praying Ashs Bladestorm isnt Tarnished. 

I would rather him stay the Same and them Fix Bladestorms FoV, make it Panned out like Volts Speed.

Tune up Shuriken, Add Smoke Clouds to Smoke Screen, Dash Teleport as You said, but the Clone Bladestorm DE Steve Claims is in coming doesnt sound very appealing to Me and I questioned him on Twitter and the Ideas tbh sound Very Vague and Stale. 

Honestly they dont sound very enthusiastic about this, as they said in a Stream "BECAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR" this statement was about buffing Stalker but applies to all.

We made plenty Reworks suggestions and others aswell why did they chose to take Ash waway from Bladestorm?

I really dont like the idea of taking Ash out of the Bladestorm Action.

As I have stated before I love the Clones but the Clones should accompany Ash side by side, similar to mirages but ofcoarse all the Attacks are

Finisher/Slash as the current BS. 

I asked Steve on Twitter if this New Bladestorm will proc Finishers for Arcane Trickery and he didnt answer. This is detrimental to Ash as the Invincibility it provides which is what gets us through End Game content. Ash is frowned upon in Raids and I anounce My Ash Presence in Raids and give great support to my ability, but DE needs to give Ash more, a Bladestorm Rework "NERF" is not what Ash needs, his whole kit can use some slight adjustments and His Ultimate shouldnt be Destroyed only Camera issues should be addressed and make BS Toggle if not 4 to turn off.

Hell yeah i did man. The one thing that drew me to this game was the slogan 'Ninja's  Play Free'. Me being a ninja lover since the times of Shinobi and when Joe musashi was still in his prime along with Strider Hiryu...how could i ignore something like that. And then i saw Ash in that trailer, and i knew that he was the one i wanted since the beginning, so naturally he was he first frame i went after and to this day he is still my main as Ash Prime.

And here's a thing to add as Ash's passive. Since Ash's theme is 'smoke/ash' i say he should get a passive that whenever he rolls he leaves a trail of smoke, which kinda also gives the smoke coming from his arm be more than an awesome visual. Though i don't see this happening...but it would be a nice touch.

As for Bladestorm...i pray that it will become good, because tbh when i heard the way DE described it kinda...made it seem like Ash himself won't do anything other than send in clones to attack enemies...which would totally kill bladestorm for me. Bladestorm becoming what you described would make so much more sense for it to be called 'Bladestorm" basically a storm of blades. The way it is now and the way it sounded like it's gonna be(i hope not) it should just be called Shadow Rush.

All of Ash's kit is fine, except for Shuriken (Horrible scaling makes it useless without augment) and smokescreen, which has an incredibly pitiful duration. Buff Smokescreen to 12 seconds, and buff loki's to 18 or something. 

Ash really just needs a full rework.

The balance in this is so bad, it should be the only frame in existence.

Thanks for the feedback it opened My Eyes.

ASHFRAME

Lets see Your Great Bladestorm Concept. No Seriously, I would like suggestions instead of meaningless comments, try to add some good ideas to help instead of take a crap in this thread for everyone to smell your Feeces 

Edited by xLordKogax

• 2 months later...

Hello Waframe Community.

I want to jump right in since I have a lot to say and express on this Warframe that constantly lives in the shadows of Loki, and with all the changes happening lately.

Devstream 60's topic on reworking certain abilities and Ashs Bladestorm being the Topic but not happening makes me curious to know when will this change occur and how will DE go about the future changes.

As we have noticed alot of abilities have recieved the new Toggle Drain function. Some are fine with this some are not, and this function goes with the meta for spam caster play style which DE balanced out with the addition to Toggle Drain and its negative duration energy drain effect.

I think Bladestorm being a Toggled Drain Ultimate will change the way Ash is viewed and played as well as innovate new styles of play, along with keeping him Interactive instead of Press 4 and watch a Terrible 80's Ninja Film.

Bladestorm is a Great ability with Great potential and I seek to compliment his Ultimate along with all his other abilities in this new mode.

I will Review his full Kit and what I think should be implemented to further compliment his play style and abilities

SHURIKEN

*Ash projects 2 shurikens that track Targets within a field of view

*Enemies bleeding by shuriken can be free-teleported to and stunned for Finisher

*Shurikens scale off secondary mods (Concealed Explosives.etc.)

itachi-shuriken-reverse-o.gif

Project-Zed-Q-1-1024x640.jpg

SMOKE SCREEN

*Ash projects a smoke bomb obscuring enemies vision and stuns enemies who enter cloud

*Cloud Chokes enemies and opens them up for Finisher attacks

*Cloud stays up for casters duration and allows allies entry to Smoke Shadow

*Toggle Drain Smoke Screen maybe? (Just a thought)

BatSmoke_6230.jpg

giphy.gif

AC2_S_047_Smoke_Bomb.jpg.jpg?slideshow=t

^^CHOKE CLOUD EXAMPLE^^

TELEPORT

*Targeted Teleport Ash releases a choke cloud on the intended target you teleport to Guaranteeing Finisher Kills

*Enemies Marked under shurikens Bleed DoT can be Teleported too without having direct LoS

*Free aim Teleport similar to Itzals Blink with a shorter range (Optional)

hanzo-disappearswithninjasmokeanima.gif

deadpool_mugen_teleport_frenzy_by_psycho

Nightcrawler_Teleportation.gif

tumblr_mhhi5qbkxJ1s1popdo1_500.gif

smoke-bombs-gif-data.gif

BLADESTORM

Bladestorm is now a Toggle Drain ability and works just the same as Hysteria and Exalted Blade.

This will function similar and allow Ash players a more active function and synergy throughout the full kit while in Bladestorm just like Hysteria and Exalted Blade.

*Casting Bladestorm Ash/Clones appear and are consumed in Void energy transforming them into a Shadow Oni form like hereI5fJYPS.jpg

This was an idea I thought would look cool as Ashs Bladestorm mode since i asked Fulcrvm to design an Ash alt Helm why not make this his Bladestorm mode.

*Bladestorm scales off of Melee mods You have equipped

*Casting Shuriken in Bladestorm Ash/Clones appear and Project 2 shurikens each (6 shurikens total)

bAjoJE.gif <<Bladestorm Reference *Clone Strikes & Shuriken attack*

*Casting Smoke Screen Ash leaves a cloud up for (6secs) Maxed stunning enemies within a Radius

*Casting Teleport in Bladestorm is Free-aimed like Blink and projects a choke cloud where Ash lands

*While Ash isnt attack He is rendered invisible like in Smoke Screen but may take damage

ZfJFkT.gif <<Bladestorm Reference Multi-Strike Linked Combos

tumblr_n3qkods4Ke1qfypgto1_500.gif <<BLADE STORM CONCEPT

*If Ash attacks his Clones appear and he is rendered

Visible projecting Clouds of smoke choking enemies caught inside and *Ash is Rendered Invincible while animation is active like before.

lZii3K0.gif <<Bladestorm Reference Teleport

Ash/Clones can move and strike similar to this Gif projecting a Fast Shadowy Ninja style animation

The attacks could be like Omni/slash dash with clones or alpha strikes, and enemies killed as result of Bladestorm should be dismembered as Hysteria/Exalted Blade

Added this great new video concept was originally posted by K&K this looks alot like what I invision a Toggle Drain Stance Ultimate like Bladestorm with Movement speed and attack speed, giving Ash the lethal and elusive effect he describes

Note: Bladestorm attacks are considered Stealth/Finishers and should count as Stealth Multipliers. Also Bladestorm Kills undetected should not get You Detected since Bladestorm is the Ultimate Stealth Finisher

^^Posted New BS Video Concept^^

BLADESTORM COMBO'S

Tonfa.gif

SHADOW DANCER

E E E E E E (HOLD) E

9 GATES OF HELL

E (HOLD) E E E E (HOLD) E

HIDDEN LOTUS

E E (PAUSE) E E E E

GALE STORM

(SPIN ATTACK)

CRIMSON CLOUDS

(LEAP ATTACK)

VANQUISHED SHADOW

(GROUND FINISHER)

1 minute 30 seconds combo referenced as 9 Gates of Hell

The Combos in Bladestorm can be chained and work similar to Landslide/Slash Dash but with more Freedom and No more Cutscenes, this works better on our eyes and makes Ashs ultimate more active and feels more like You are in control instead of pressing 4 and watching a Terrible Ninja Movie.

I added some balance for Bladestorm soo its not another Hysteria NUKE, Originally we all Know Bladestorms a NUKE except You do nothing leaving the animation in control and allies Dying or Pods being Destroyed.

Lets give Ash the proper rework and make him stand out and become accepted in Coop for this CC I have suggested.

Your feed back is much appreciated and Hopefully You like My thoughts and we can get something nice designed.

Thank You.

this thread exists? o_0

http://shadowofmordor.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Strike

"Shadow Strike consumes two Elf-shot per use"

I think you will find that if Ash needed to aim at every target to do a kill, and every time he did, something like a base 25 Energy before efficiency was used, you'd complain, even though that's exactly whats happening above.

Worse even, because when you run out of Elf Shot in such a wasteful manner, it will take you a long time to get it back, while in THIS game, Ash would have picked up a bunch of Energy on the way, and would be able to spam Bladestorm, while Shadow Strike is NOT spam-able because of Elf Shot mechanics.

No the Idea is actually to use Shadow Strike as a concept idea but I made a thread with the help of Koga and it basically is like Storm of Urfael in Shadows of Mordor but in Warframe people would call it an EXALTED BLADESTORM or STANCE ULTIMATE as cliche as it sounds but yeah it functions on a Toggle Drain thats basically infinite if Modded Duration+Efficiency Maxed

Check the Thread I posted its similar to this but more current and with more details that are more up to date.

Bladestorm as a Stance Ulti would make sense for Ash and allow You freedom to save allies and other abilities in Bladestorm. allowing faster movement speed and free aim teleports to compensate the automatic finisher kills shurikens can be thrown by ash/2 clones shooting 2 shuriekns each, smoke screen can provide cc and a window for smoke shadow to allies. 

If you imagine it there are benefits and it gives the player control of Ashs Rampage instead of giving us Ninja Rumblers as the New Bladestorm.

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2015 at 6:51 PM, xLordKogax said:

Hello Waframe Community.

I want to jump right in since I have a lot to say and express on this Warframe that constantly lives in the shadows of Loki, and with all the changes happening lately.
Devstream 60's topic on reworking certain abilities and Ashs Bladestorm being the Topic but not happening makes me curious to know when will this change occur and how will DE go about the future changes.

As we have noticed alot of abilities have recieved the new Toggle Drain function. Some are fine with this some are not, and this function goes with the meta for spam caster play style which DE balanced out with the addition to Toggle Drain and its negative duration energy drain effect.

I think Bladestorm being a Toggled Drain Ultimate will change the way Ash is viewed and played as well as innovate new styles of play, along with keeping him Interactive instead of Press 4 and watch a Terrible 80's Ninja Film.

Bladestorm is a Great ability with Great potential and I seek to compliment his Ultimate along with all his other abilities in this new mode.

I will Review his full Kit and what I think should be implemented to further compliment his play style and abilities

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

^^Posted New BS Video Concept^^

BLADESTORM COMBO'S

Hidden Content

The Combos in Bladestorm can be chained and work similar to Landslide/Slash Dash but with more Freedom and No more Cutscenes, this works better on our eyes and makes Ashs ultimate more active and feels more like You are in control instead of pressing 4 and watching a Terrible Ninja Movie.

I added some balance for Bladestorm soo its not another Hysteria NUKE, Originally we all Know Bladestorms a NUKE except You do nothing leaving the animation in control and allies Dying or Pods being Destroyed.

Lets give Ash the proper rework and make him stand out and become accepted in Coop for this CC I have suggested.

Your feed back is much appreciated and Hopefully You like My thoughts and we can get something nice designed.

Thank You.

This thread needs more attention, im sure it will make Ash what he needs to be

I seen this thread and even though outdated DE should see how some folks still feel about Ash.

A Cheap Loki, I mean as some people say, why Play Ash when You can Loki?

On 10/15/2015 at 7:59 PM, xLordKogax said:

Did You NOT read My concept full through?

TBH I have a reeaaaaally hard time reading through your and @AKKILLA 's posts, because you guys use wayyyy too many pictures. It is ok if you wanna show off concepts and such, but please only put the pictures into hidden contend brackets and leave everything else outside so it is easily readable. Also why the heck did you strikethrough everything? Is that some style thing I'm unaware of or did you miss the underline button?

Aside from general posting tips I really do like your ideas, but i want to point out some things:

1: Shuriken scaling off of secondary mods is possibly broken and doesnt make too much sense. Rather add some other form of scaling like bounces or punch through (explained later).

2: Having things like automated choke gas on teleported enemies and free aim teleport seems very counterproductive especially since the choke cloud gives you finishers already, you dont really need 2 abilities doing that. To balance out choke cloud, i would give allies and Ash invisibility only while in smoke cloud with a short sticky-time when leaving (2-3 seconds).Also choke cloud needs a better cast delay than current smoke screen, so you can cast it after teleporting in and before dying. It also should become a "onehanded" action to be used while doing anything else (activating it in the air will not turn you invisible, due to the smoke bomb being tossd at the ground under you amd only becoming invisible inside of it). Toggle drain cloud might be a problem since having 2 drains at the same time is pretty crippling. Enemies outside the cloud should blindly shoot into it if you make noise inside the smoke.

3: Targeting teleport on enemies tagged with a shuriken would be a cool thing, if you had better control over where the shuriken aim, and which of the two you actually go to, so I would propose that Ash only shoots 1 shuriken that tags the target you aim at, and then bounces some in order to keep the damage relevant. This way you can choose where to port (but you still have to be aware that you cannot use teleport as escape after throwing a shuriken which would limit you a little). Also holding down 3 button after targeting an enemy with the teleport should just insantly finish them, thats a nice QoL change I really want to see since some enemies really like to stand in a way that makes me run circles around them in order to find a spot where I can press "e" to finish.
Free space teleport kind of goes against your other concepts and i do not really like it too much either, it would have to have limited range to not just get tossed into the next wall like nova's gate. Instead I think it would be super ninja-like to be able to target walls, and teleport at them, initiating a wall latch right after.

4: The Ash clones obviously should only appear while doing something and not be there all the time (this is not mirage), dont know if you already meant that as its not quite clear from your wording.
Do not buff other skills through bladestorm too much, as their normal versions will just feel lackluster and too bad in comparison to use them without bladestorm otherwise. For example make the clones attack random enemies with shuriken when 1 is used, no effect on 2 and have them port to random enemies finishing them once when 3 is used. No automatic smokescreens, you should be able to cast it anyways (thanks to onehanded cast and less casting delay). I dislike having Ash invisible permanently during Bladstorm (you have our trusty 2 for that and a teleport to get you into range), maybe just increase his affinity to smoke and make smokescreen invis stick for longer. I dont think all his attacks should become finishers in Bladestorm (there is just so much more potential), but if he does use a finisher, his clones should start finishers on other opened enemies if available. Attacking an enemy with a combo while bladestorm is active (attacks on non-opened enemies) should summon clones to add some nice strikes to the combo. His combos should all have different purposes: standard combo for dps, combo while "w" is pressed uses fast dashing strikes for chasing down, combo with pause should open up for finishers on last hit and so on.

Also maybe add in an Agment that removes the clones and adds covert lethality to bladstorm (swaps focus from multitarget to stronger singletarget damage).

Theses suggestions should be pretty much in line with what you are trying to achieve for Ash and I hope some of them are useful to you and solve some of the issues I brought up. Overall I really like your idea and wish that an exalted hidden blade concept is what DE will ultimately go with for the frame.

Edited by CrudShuzKong