Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Half Life 3

TheErebus.

So after seeing this: 

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/everyone-wants-that-hl3txt-reference-in-dota-to-be/1100-6431318/

I wonder if anyone is really that interested in Half Life 3. Like, it's been how long since the last game has come out and in all fairness, HL2 hasn't aged too well ( in my eyes ). 

So are you guys excited for HL3? Or do you just not care anymore, even if they announce it.

By the time half life 3 comes out the hype will be so big everyone will hate it. How can you live up to a legacy that has been bloated so far? Half life 2 was amazing at the time. Now It's about standard, those who have fond memories of it have those because they played it when half life 2 was considered a cutting edge game, and at the time it was.

I genuinely feel sorry for the people who play half life 3 with ultra high expectations because it's unlikely it will live up to them.

I think if Valve would ever release it, people would absolutely lose their minds. It is like seeing an old band come back together or seeing an old television series be rebooted. Half-life 3 has been an internet joke for years now, so much that everyone probably knows about Half Life even though they never played it before. I mean, look at how much Shenmue 3 got so much attention after E3, while a whole lot of people haven't even heard of Shenmue before. 

I think Valve should stop caring for whatever expectations people have for the next Half Life and make a game they want to make and would be proud to look back at. Sure, many people would be angry for whatever reasons, but if Valve is happy with it, then it wouldn't matter.