The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Melee Weapon For Valkyr?

CharityLegion

Question

Hello, all. 

As you may have assumed, I'm quite new to this game. I have my heart set of play Valkyr as I really like the melee playstyle as well as how she looks. I was wondering what the best melee weapons would be on her? Something like the ninkondi or scondi? I really have no idea, so anything would be helpful. 

6 answers to this question

I'd say there are two ways to pick a weapon for Valkyr: fit, and efficiency. The best fit, I would say, is the Venka, a claw weapon that has her name all over it. But if you want to get the most out of Hysteria, you'll probably want the Jat Kittag or Scindo Prime, which have the highest raw damage of any melee weapon so far.

Edited by DarkDakki

I'd say there are two ways to pick a weapon for Valkyr: fit, and efficiency. The best fit, I would say, is the Venka, a claw weapon that has her name all over it. But if you want to get the most out of Hysteria, you'll probably want the Jat Kittag or Scindo Prime, which have the highest raw damage of any melee weapon so far.

Since the Valk rework (when the pre-Corpus skin came out) Hysteria doesn't work like that any more. You can use whatever weapon you want, base damage doesn't matter. It just uses generic melee mods, like Exalted Blade does.

I would recommend using a crit weapon because Hysteria has decent crit stats and now you can proc Berserker while it's active as well.

If your going to spend as much time as possible in Hysteria then it doesn't matter what weapon you pick as it's just something to hold your mods.

If your going to spend as much time as possible outside of Hysteria, it might be a good idea to choose one with high base crits so your modding to maximize the weapons base crits also benefits Hysteria.

Personally, I'm rocking the DKP with max damage and no crit mods. But that's just me.

As others mention, a weapon that benefits from Berserker is a good fit. Currently, that usually means Jat Kittag or Galatine. The recently-released Tekko are also a decent option, but are too similar to Hysteria IMO. With Jat Kittag and Scindo you get great AoE attacks and through them extra versatility. Hysteria is bad at taking out groups of lesser enemies.

Warcry provides a significant melee speed increase, more than doubling attack speed with enough power strength. Because of this, I'd stay away from weapons that attack too quickly without the WC buff - weapons like the Dual Zorens/Ichors/Butchers end up attacking too quickly to keep up with and you lose out on DPS by not spamming the melee key fast enough. 

Because of this, I'd stick with the slower weapons, that still benefit from crit mods for use with Zerker. Scindo Prime is still one of the ideal options, but stuff like Dragon Nikana, Prisma Skana, etc can work very well too.

If you're going melee-only and primarily staying in Hysteria, a melee weapon dedicated to killing nullifiers would work best. Either the GlaivePrime (/Kerstrel) and try to channel right as the thrown weapon hits the bubble, causing an explosion that can kill the nullifier, or something with really high slide-attack damage like the Boltace and slide through the bubble to kill the nully.