The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Black Screen Issue.

ZaneQuish

Graphics Card: Nvida Geforce gtx 650 2gb 

I've been having this black screen issue that has been plaguing me. Whenever Im in game, every 3-4 hours my screen would flicker once then go on black screen. I can still hear gameplay in the backround, i can hear my gun shots and friends said i was moving when i pressed the keys. This black screen also forces me to CTRL+ALT+del and open windows task manager and end the task because I can't click or open anything else. (Happened while on ODD and I blindingly helped friends finish it by just spamming melee and Loki switch teleport to move me. got no rewards since i had to close task) This makes me fear doing T4/ODD. I might not get any loot D:

NOTE: Crashes in Fullscreen,Borderless Fullscreen, Windowed mode;Tested it.

Error message I get when game crashes with black screen."Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 358.50 stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

Edit 1: Seems it is more likely to happen on endless missions,such as defense and survival. if i played more than 1-2 hours without closing the game, seems to crash more often :/ Very Irritating,Would like any help...

Edited by ZaneQuish

Same issue, it minimizes to desktop for me instead of a black screen though, same sound is audible. I've been booted out of nearly a dozen void runs by this so far and not completed one since the Atlas update. Frankly unless somebody can come up with a fix I'm gonna have to stop playing warframe because I simply can't complete missions and progress anymore, not to mention it sucks for my team when I disconnect 18 waves into an ODD and am not given an option to reconnect.

Same issue, it minimizes to desktop for me instead of a black screen though, same sound is audible. I've been booted out of nearly a dozen void runs by this so far and not completed one since the Atlas update. Frankly unless somebody can come up with a fix I'm gonna have to stop playing warframe because I simply can't complete missions and progress anymore, not to mention it sucks for my team when I disconnect 18 waves into an ODD and am not given an option to reconnect.

DE needs to get on this ASAP. disappointing that so many people have this problem but its hasn't been acknowledged yet and fixed.

I have almost the same issue, every so often it'll flicker a black screen a few times in a row. It doesn't stay black for me, but occasionally it'll repeatedly flicker over and over to the point where it's unplayable and I have to force close Warframe. I'm not sure if it's the game or nvidia.

I have almost the same issue, every so often it'll flicker a black screen a few times in a row. It doesn't stay black for me, but occasionally it'll repeatedly flicker over and over to the point where it's unplayable and I have to force close Warframe. I'm not sure if it's the game or nvidia.

Im pretty sure it might be the game though. Warframe is the only game that has done this to me. It also might be the latest update because on previous versions i've never experienced this issue. 

Had this issue at various points in time. And fixed it:

1. I found it to be a "windows timeout detection and recovery" error.

Solution: nvidia graphics control panel, switch power management to "prefer maximum performance" instead of "adaptive"

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/445599-game-crashes-nvidia-display-driver-april-2015/page-15#entry5747864

2. Problem started happening in increasing frequency over the course of several months. I also started getting video artefecting errors. Turned out to be a defective GPU. 

Solution: Returned graphics card to manufacturer and received a new one.

Had this issue at various points in time. And fixed it:

1. I found it to be a "windows timeout detection and recovery" error.

Solution: nvidia graphics control panel, switch power management to "prefer maximum performance" instead of "adaptive"

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/445599-game-crashes-nvidia-display-driver-april-2015/page-15#entry5747864

2. Problem started happening in increasing frequency over the course of several months. I also started getting video artefecting errors. Turned out to be a defective GPU. 

Solution: Returned graphics card to manufacturer and received a new one.

I tried the first solution. I will post tommorow about any crashes that occur. lets hope this will fix it, thanks!

Game crashes now within 15 minutes of playing.

I have the same problem on my GTX 980 ... Sometimes it takes 5 minutes other times even 30 or hours . It's very random ,my other games are working fine , only Warframe is acting up .... i choose to quit this game as fun as it is ... it has become unplayable .

I have tried changing drivers with the same effect , all the graphic tweaks with DX 10 ,11 and 9 , window mode , fullscreen ,physx all lead to failure .

Hope the best on the next update .

Edited by WaffleVader