Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma: Suggestions On Qol Changes

Artekkor

Wall of text warning: Scroll down for TL;DR

I main chroma since a month after his release.

The following abilities i found to be his core:

Elemental Ward 

Vex armor

The following abilities i have found myself to be using less than 10% of the time:

Elemental Scream

Effigy

I belive that the reason for the former is  because the damage is too low;

Limited mobility does not help, but with higher damage i would not mind.

If anything, i would love some control and range to be added to the Scream and Effigy alike,

since having them do high damage would simply encourage camp-farming defence; where control would make them tools that chroma lacks.

Elemental Ward is nice, but considering my experience, here is what i've noticed:

Most viable ward is ice. Chroma mainly plays the role of a tank/damage, and synergy with Vex Armor is real.

Second most viable is toxin. It also synergizes with Vex Armor: Where Vex increases damage, Toxin Ward decreases downtime. Sidegrade, not downgrade.

I found fire and Electric Wards lacking. Their damage is nothing formidable at high level.

Where fire does somewhat fit support role (but its too weak for it), electric ward is just downperforming. The return damage scales off the damage you recieve - which is never more than your health. And as chroma, you will be working on your armor to reduce that number.

TL;DR starts here

My proposal is as follows: 

Elemental scream:

Increased base range (by an amount higher than 25%). Proc chance scaling with power strength.

Elemental ward:

Add a heal over time to Fire Ward, remove the health max increase. Add Health Regen instead.

Scale Electric Ward with the damage before chroma's armor.

Vex armor:

Required shields for full scorn 300 down from 400. Required health for full fury 300 up from 100.

Effigy:

Increased base range by the same value as elemental scream. Elemental ward acting in an area around Effigy, not chroma (When active)