Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

T3 Void Missions Are The Most Fun Ive Ever Had In This Game

overdosed

Ofcourse if thats not combined with atleast a semi good AI itll never be as good as it can be. And the AI here isnt even semi bad lol Enemies with assault rifles rushing me, just so they can start running is circles around me are not fun, not fun at all. The easiest way for that is to make grineer and corpus methodical. Better use of cover, creating choke points, whole squads concentrating fire on the highest threat(player), and when advancing doing it in an orderly way, not the headless chickens that we have now, and without the endless - sprint toward that tenno that just killed 20 of you so you can shoot him with your rifle from 2 meters away. Slow and methodical, always trying to flank and surround you. And ofcourse some rushing tanky units would be nice to have from time to time.

Well, the AI is a bigger problem really.  I know "slow and methodical" sounds like an ace in the hole but its not that simple in this game.  Map design comes into play for one, go ahead setup a choke point.  *wall runs right by you* 

Oh, nowhere to wallrun?  *teleports* 

I'm not saying its impossible, just that its not nearly as easy given how flexible our frames are.  Regarding tank vs glass cannon I think combinations of the two are a suitable approach, that and I think the mobs need more powers kind of similar to what our frames have.

But lets not forget map design!  Traps are great fun, I've run loads of void missions this past week and only last night did I come across the last pit that opens up in a hallway right infront of a door - that was a lethal surprise lol. I'd <3 to see more of that kind of thing incorporated into every level and mobs smart enough to avoid or even exploit them.  When you have to not only worry about the guys shooting you but the environment as well, things can get interesting in the Chinese sense of the word especially if your Loki :)

Oh i promise you, i dont just "like to believe" that harder games are more fun, i know it. And unless the meaning of the word opinion has changed recently your arguing on that matter is pointless. I want the game to be harder, many others want it. And why even go with the argument that hard is not always fun, when you yourself admit that the difficulty here is a joke? xD

I gotta admit you got me there :p

But lets not forget map design!  Traps are great fun, I've run loads of void missions this past week and only last night did I come across the last pit that opens up in a hallway right infront of a door - that was a lethal surprise lol. I'd <3 to see more of that kind of thing incorporated into every level and mobs smart enough to avoid or even exploit them.  When you have to not only worry about the guys shooting you but the environment as well, things can get interesting in the Chinese sense of the word especially if your Loki :)

Ok, more traps, even around non void lvls and choke points and ambushes around traps. That def sounds interesting and would kinda prevent all the senseless rushing. Also if enemies got the ability to focus fire, just running through them wont be that easy even without the traps. And when i say focus fire i mean 5-6 mobs with aimbot firing at you, wich leaves you 2 choices - hide or tank. And tanking doesnt work with most frames xD You shouldnt be able to just run up to 10 grineer or corpus and not get punished on the way.

Edited by overdosed

Ok, more traps, even around non void lvls and choke points and ambushes around traps. That def sounds interesting and would kinda prevent all the senseless rushing. Also if enemies got the ability to focus fire, just running through them wont be that easy even without the traps. And when i say focus fire i mean 5-6 mobs with aimbot firing at you, wich leaves you 2 choices - hide or tank. And tanking doesnt work with most frames xD You shouldnt be able to just run up to 10 grineer or corpus and not get punished on the way.

Yeah focus fire with some kind of non asinine threat system would be a huge boon to the AI.  Standard squad system for mob deployment wouldn't be a bad idea either.  4 lancers + 1 flamers + bombadier/heavy gunner + commander for instance - that 'squad' would choose a target and work against them in unison. 

I like playing games with my friends, problem not solved.  Thanks for your contribution lol 

I like playing games with my friends, problem not solved.  Thanks for your contribution lol 

You just went off-topic to this thread. That's a whole different discussion. It's not about what you like or don't like, it's about thinking that the TIII missions are the only hard content and wanting more. Well there's plenty more challenge going solo. It's simple really.

You just went off-topic to this thread. That's a whole different discussion. It's not about what you like or don't like, it's about thinking that the TIII missions are the only hard content and wanting more. Well there's plenty more challenge going solo. It's simple really.

Dont even continue arguing about this ok?

Edited by overdosed

Doing the same content over and over just crippling ourselves intentionally with under-modded gear isn't REALLY a grand vision for the long term playability though. They really need to expand the content and attributes of things (from map/mission generation, to AI abilities and cleverness). A perfectly awesome game would generate random mini-bosses inside of levels and grant them mixtures of attributes/abilities. It would also scale these baddies to the total number of mod points the party has equipped. Stalker should also scale to the mod count of the player he is attacking.

Currently great replayability isn't really there, because unlike games like Deus Ex there is really only two ways to finish a level - and very few viable mod combinations.

Murder everything between you and your objective, or rush by as much as possible is how the game currently works. There are weak attempts at stealth, traps, flanking, heavy weapons, sniping, and brute force melee - but none of them really translate into a unique play style in their current state. So replayability is currently very bland. You just shoot things at a distance with some sort of pew pew, and you punch them in the face with your melee if they get too close. If you get in trouble you hit some 'I win' button on your warframe.

It's not a gripe for me. I put hours into making my frames the way they are now, damn right things better be feeling a little easier.

and it would not be a false sense of difficulty, since raising the level of the mobs would be doing the exact same thing as playing as things are now with only 30 mod slots on your gear instead of 60 + forma polarization.

So the point of playing a lot is to farm all these cool toys which we shouldn't actually be using because it makes the game too easy?  The point of gear in an rpg setting is to better equip you for the harder, higher level content.  There really needs to be a place in the game (and no, wading through 20 levels of a defense mission to get there and frantically worrying that something may sneeze on your cryopod and kill it doesn't count) that is tuned for max level stuff.  It could just be like 10 stages on 1 planet or something, but your solution of 'oh hey just don't actually use all of your cool toys' is just silly...  who doesn't want to play with their cool toys...

Edit:  Actually a even a single stage would be fine... just make it a random mission type with a random enemy and level 80-100 mobs with a higher resource drop rate of random resources.

Edited by Sesshou01

I think that the Devs are going to shock some of us quite pleasantly when we have to fight things that make current bosses look as endangered as Twinkies.  Much of what we've run through is just BETA.  I can't help but think that we need to let the Devs actually finish the game and release it fully before we ask for a real &#036;&amp;*^ punch.  You can bet they have more than a few of those up their sleeves already, and the game isn't done growing yet.  Not by any measure.

Also, I'd like to see serious work done on balance in general before harder content is put out.  When each Warframe feels viable, and every gun has a use, then balanced, difficult content will follow.  As yet, random mod and artifact availability is the real "last boss" most everyone fights.

Point is this:  Balance first, then good content.  Seems to be a good model to follow.

Edit:  If you want difficulty, then try to run more missions solo.  Not all warframes can do it right now.  I need an Energy Siphon artifact again (went for reset, but mainly happy with my decision), so my Volt isn't doing so well, and it's rediculous to try running him vs infested.  The only viable damage he has is under lights or using guns / melee.  Speed is the only useful skill that he has in that scenario.  Makes things nice and challenging.

Also, too much dificulty kills viability of solo play, and we need to be wary of  over-correction taking away from other play modes.

Edited by Cytobel

I think that the Devs are going to shock some of us quite pleasantly when we have to fight things that make current bosses look as endangered as Twinkies.  Much of what we've run through is just BETA.  I can't help but think that we need to let the Devs actually finish the game and release it fully before we ask for a real &#036;&amp;*^ punch.  You can bet they have more than a few of those up their sleeves already, and the game isn't done growing yet.  Not by any measure.

Also, I'd like to see serious work done on balance in general before harder content is put out.  When each Warframe feels viable, and every gun has a use, then balanced, difficult content will follow.  As yet, random mod and artifact availability is the real "last boss" most everyone fights.

Point is this:  Balance first, then good content.  Seems to be a good model to follow.

Yes its beta, and with every update we see new content, instead of fixes on old content. They should stop releasing weapons and frames and dojo stuff and whatever else new and start fixing AI, difficulty, countless bugs, abilities, balance etc, etc...

Edited by overdosed

Yes its beta, and with every update we see new content, instead of fixes on old content. They should stop releasing weapons and frames and dojo stuff and whatever else new and start fixing AI, difficulty, countless bugs, abilities, balance etc, etc...

Wouldn't say STOP releasing new content, just... refocus a bit, ya know? I like seeing new tilesets or tile features, and more items to snag means more revenue to fuel updates, balance, and growth. However, content has been dropping a little too frequently, and game-play has suffered.

I think the current system needs a bit of ironing-out before a new tier of play, if for no other reason to ensure fair and balanced endgame. I love to see different Warframes excelling in specific scenarios, but no space ninjas should fall back entirely on sword and gun. Some general utility needs to exist for each warframe, so they all have options when dealing with very bad situations.

Also, I like difficult content, but if there are going to be Warframes devoted to a single elemental damage type, then elemental immunity is just wrong. Resistance is acceptable, but outright hard-countering a player's favorite frame just feels too &#036;&amp;*^ish. I'm okay with fighting mobs that scoff at my pathetic techniques so long as I can still kill them, given a bit of time and energy regen.

I'd like to see more "boss" scale foes scattered through the enemies, so that a simple corridor can sometimes play host to the most hellish firefights or brutal melees without any real warning. Big guys are nice, but they tend to only do one thing, really, aside from a silly stomp.

By the way, if I hit them in the head with a horrible two-handed overhead smash so hard that my hammer actually strikes sparks when it hits the deckplates beneath them, then they should just fall down, not the "I stomp, hehe" bull. I don't really mind them surviving, but skilling through something like that? Sets off all my bs alarms.

I agree with OP.

I ran my first T2 mission with a lvl 30 ash with a few people, and within minutes of me starting, everyone else DC'd.  Unfortunately the time that it took between when we started and when I became solo was enough to alert every enemy in the level, as well as get stalker to show up and try to kill me.  It was @(*()$ hard.  I mean really hard, cause suddenly I was forced to act like a badass cause I kept getting spammed with heavy grinner corrupted, and run across walls to jump above my enemies and shurkin as many as I could before disappearing and running. 

And you know what?  It may have been the most fun I've had on the game in months.

I would totally be down with making more difficult missions.

Edited by Boomstick720

...didnt even notice they die any slower than other mob. If the mob lvl was around 100 then it might actually start to survive more than a second and actually be fun.

Mobs do hit 100 in t3 tower but most common levels are 60-70