Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Better Method For Bugged Mission Handling

Xylia

So I tried a Mars: Ultor mission and... what do you know, 1 enemy left, went through the whole mission, and despite having Enemy Radar, NOTHING appeared except 1 Camera and a lot of Turrets. Checked every stinking room in the place, and the Waypoint was pointing me towards the extraction pods.

Yaaay. 30min of my time, wasted.

An Uncommon Mod and a few regular mods, wasted.

500 Salvage? Nope, that's gone too.

At least one Morphics? Gone.

A decent chunk of XP towards my weapons? Gone.

To report this mission bug, I have to close the game down or alt-tab, open a ticket, type it out, attach the file (before doing any other missions), and THEN send it.

How about we come up with a better way to do this, seriously....

Why not something like...

1). Add an "Abort Bugged Mission" to the Escape Menu.

2). Choosing this will Abort the Mission with the usual "Mission Failed" screen.

3). Directly after that, the game prompts you to type up a bug report. The game would automatically remember what Planet and what Mission you did last, along with the players in your group and their status at the time of the abort. It'd also recall the Mission Status (how many enemies/datamasses/mining machines left, etc).

4). There'd be a "Submit Bug Report" button that you'd click that submits the above data + mission file to DE directly without having to do it manually from an HTTP page and/or manually uploading the file.

5). This method would allow you to keep everything you found in the level but only after you submit the bug report. Closing the bug report entry screen without going through the process would forfeit the items. You wouldn't get the Mission Complete rewards, but at least you'd keep what you picked up during the mission.

"This could be exploited!" you say... well, between the data being submitted to DE, and how fishy it'd look if a player kept doing this repeatedly on missions that appear fine, after awhile they'd get suspicious and how many players would risk their accounts just to get some extra shots at resources or somecrap?

And even if a few players did exploit it, the good would far outweigh the bad -- the number of legitimate bugged missions screwing people over would be far higher than the number of people using this feature to exploit the game surely.

Edited by Xylia