Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More storied introductions to levels.

AreWeHuman

I'm not asking for pages of lore, but working things in to the pre-mission information about the things we will encounter would be cool.

One main idea I had for this sort of thing would be with the infected. And I don't know how much storyline is in the works for them know but it could be pretty great.

The first thing that seems pretty evident is that they are not new. The Tenno seem to have dealt with them before (some of them are “Ancient” and I personally get a pretty strong nemesis vibe from them) and have weapons and tech that seem pretty suited to dealing with them. One exception to this is the toxic type as their damage hits through shields, a pretty glaring weakness on the part of the Tenno, and something I personally like but a lot of players have complained about. But I feel like some story work could maybe turn some of that around.

Anyway the way it would sort of work out is that Lotus could be like oh it's the infected blah blah blah. upon seeing specific special types she could kind of give you intel on them and what they do and their weaknesses as it is presumably information she would have. Until we came across toxic. A not yet seen type. It could be dramatic que the intense drum music, it could turn that mission into a data theft mission so we could gather intel about how that specific mutation occurred and so on. All of this seems doable with mechanics already in place and I feel like It is a really great sort of concept that could be adapted to a lot scenarios.

Also some sort of sample collection/inoculation type missions would be a sort of cool unique to the infected thing that would be nice to see in the future as well.

I realize this may not be the right place in the forum for this stuff, but it seemed like the best place and I wanted to get it out there as I've had other ideas like this that I have since forgotten.

Anyway, I feel like this kind of exposition really adds richness to the experience of the game and does potentially go a long way in breaking up some of the potential monotony.

So yeah, without knowing anything about what is going on with direction of the story for the game and what not, that's kind of my bit on something that I feel could be pretty broadly adapted as a concept into some of the level/mission design in regards to story development.

EDIT: Whoa, weird font issues. This forum really needs to make some changes to how post making works. There are no easy fixes other than just using a word processing document prior to posting to fix odd font problems that are common and occur a lot when doing any sort of copy+pasting in posts.

EDIT: still having trouble, lol.we

Edited by AreWeHuman

It sure would be nice to get actually useful information from Lotus.

She could say like, "use armor penetration against Grineer, they're heavily armored".

Or when facing Corpus she could suggest the use of electricity damage.

It sure would be nice to get actually useful information from Lotus.

She could say like, "use armor penetration against Grineer, they're heavily armored".

Or when facing Corpus she could suggest the use of electricity damage.

HER NAME IS LOTUS, THANK YOU.

Yeah, that is the kind of stuff i'm talking about. It would be pretty easy to make it fairly dynamic. And at specific missions it could trigger instance type sub missions and stuff.

Please copy your text to notepad to remove all formatting, then paste it back in. Its hard to read your post because some of it is black on darkgrey. :D

That is actually what I did I stil had some issues though. Don't worry too much about the black on grey stuff. It's just notes on my edits and isn't critical.