Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Tenno

(PSN)EdricLZW

Greetings Tenno. 

Firstly I'd like to thank & commend on the DE for such an amazing game. I've been playing Warframe for about 2 weeks now I think, and I absolutely love it. There is no need to spend any money and I find myself saying to myself "wait.. what? this is all free?" over and over again through my entire experience with Warframe (I did however spent a little bit on plat for aesthetic purposes lol). 

I've always wanted to play an MMO-ish game on my PS3/PS4, something that I could come back to every now and then because as an adult, I've got not enough time but too many games to count.

About a year ago I was playing another game (I'm not going to name names, but if you're wise in the market you'll know what game I'm talking about), which was very similar to this, but had much lacking albeit it being a VERY pricey game. Talked a lot about temporary value and all of that sort.

I had either that game, or Warframe. And I've to admit Warframe at the time was only a shadow of what it is today. I took a good look at Warframe and it looked boring, grindy and didn't capture even a fraction of my attention compared to the other game I played. So I walked the other direction and never looked back (until now XD).

The weapons and loot were so cool, but there was no trade options so if you wanted something you'd have to farm for it and if RNGsus wasn't shining any light on you, you'll basically never get what you want. I got my friends to play it with me, which didn't help much because I would have multiple copies of a weapon which my friend wanted which I couldn't give or trade for and vice versa. During raids, it required me to log in to alternate websites just to LFG and LFG was an option you cannot ignore as there was no chance in hell you'll become good enough to solo the end game raids. So you'll spent a lot of time on your phone, or laptop looking for a party willing to join you, which required you to add them as a friend on your Playstation account before you can join their game or have them join yours. The community.. well wouldn't invite you sometimes if you didn't have the equipment which RNGsus wasn't kind enough to grant you in the first place. Which put me in an endless loop of grinding missions over and over again for about a year without much luck. 

They then released DLCs which were 25 bucks for 3 missions and a raid that lasted about 2 hours. I eventually had enough of such frustrations to quit. Don't get me wrong, the run there was fun, but the fun died out as soon as my pocket refused to pay.

I then took another look at Warframe. To much surprise, Warframe looked so different, and... impressive. I gave it a go and after 2 weeks of playing without spending much plat on my character, I've got a cool looking Nyx wielding an Orthos Prime and Paris Prime. I feel powerful, and powerful is fun. I love how DE focuses on the fun factor instead of trying to moderate power among players. For my fellow Tennos here, I've been seeing how DE nerf some things, but trust me when I say, they didn't exactly nerfed anything (well atleast to my knowledge). 

That said, I am loving this game now and excited for all the new things DE is planning for us (like as if we didn't have enough options with so many different mission types and the new Archwing). The community is awesome, the developers are awesome, please give yourself a pat on the back for being part of this world that DE has created for us. DE, please don't stop being awesome and keep focusing on the FUN part of the game. 

Welcome, Edric!  New Tenno are always a great thing, and you'll hopefully find that in general, the community is a pretty accomodating place.  That being said, if you have any questions, and we all happen to be asleep, check out the Players Helping Players section of the forums, as things there often have answers to recent or important info regarding gameplay and getting stronger.

More PS4 is always good, too!  I mostly spend my time PC side, but you can find me either on PC/PS4 as Ishixia if you have any questions - I will do my best to either find the answer together with you, or point you to the person and/or right direction. 

Welcome, and good hunting.