Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Instead Of Screaming "no Auction House" How Bout....

robertgk2017

discussing ways to limit said AH such that it works and giant clans can't manipulate it, or at least make it very hard to do so because you know it'll happen regardless of what you do..

it is worth noting that 20% of players will ALWAYS hold 80% of the platinum, no exceptions.  Even if you were to take the entire communities platinum and divide it evenly among players, 20% would eventually hold 80%.

Also do not make any posts that are even vaguely similar to "no auction house"   This post is to discuss ways of making an auction house feasible NOT if we should have one or not.

Ive seen several AH topics and here are a few ways to limit it, as suggested by other people.

MR = number of items any player can post on the AH.

This makes sense, as were already limited by MR for trading anyway.  So a mr 20 can only post 20 items.  And given that the majority of players are not high mastery people will have to prioritize what items they post instead of spamming all their crap.

Another option i have seen is..

1 of each item per player per day.

This method lets you post as many items as you want, but only one of each specific item.

What does the community think and what limits or features or whatever do you guys have that would make an AH feasible.

Edited by robertgk2017

"was hoping to read : How about you shout it out !!!!"  .... disappointed .. :(

EDIT : Now this topic belong to the concept subpart in my opinion since it's more of an idea than an open discussion on the matter.

Edited by Syln

Use the trading subforum, there is your auction house.

I get your point, but the trades wouldn't actually be carried out which is the whole point of an AH.

I love this idea, even if this isn't the solution, the copy paste, wait 2 minutes and repeat, system needs to be changed.

Thank you, I'm not trying to make a "should we have an AH" post, im trying to figure out how to make an AH possible.  trade chat needs to die.

"was hoping to read : How about you shout it out !!!!"  .... disappointed .. :(

sorry to disappoint you man, this post is for brainstorming ways to make AH feasible

By far the most important factor in the feasibility of an auction house is whether or not DE are willing to implement one.

They aren't, and it's not because they can't figure out the particulars. Any sort of auction house, no matter how it works, will require a substantial amount of coding and manpower to implement properly.

"Trying to figure out how to make it possible," by coming up with some list of features, is pretty futile. There is no magic feature list that will suddenly inspire them to implement an auction house.

Of course, some believe that DE prefers not to have an auction house because it keeps the average platinum traded for Primes and mods higher than it would be in a centralized lowest-bidder system.

Fun fact: The in-game chat runs on private IRC channels.

Edited by Kastorius

Sooooo like runescapes grand exchange? That seemed to work well :/ 

That could work.  However one argument against Auction Houses is this.  Giant clans can manipulate the prices by buying 2000 of something and posting all 2000 back at the price of the 2001st listing of that something.  Instead of screaming this argument i want to actually fix it with the hopes of getting an AH in the game, one that works and has no, or at least very little issues to be weeded out later.

Trade chat - make seperate tabs for WTS and WTB. Perfect AH right there.

Also - sure make an AH. THen ofc we will get most of the mods and parts we get as character bound and imposible to trade - say hallo to much greater farm and far more RNGeuss interventions.

By far the most important factor in the feasibility of an auction house is whether or not DE are willing to implement one.

They aren't, and it's not because they can't figure out the particulars. Any sort of auction house, no matter how it works, will require a substantial amount of coding and manpower to implement properly.

"Trying to figure out how to make it possible," by coming up with some list of features, is pretty futile. There is no magic feature list that will suddenly inspire them to implement an auction house.

Fun fact: The in-game chat runs on private IRC channels.

I understand you completely its DE's game and what they say goes, however my hopes are that the community can come up with a working AH, at least in concept, one that works and works good.  Hopefully if DE ever sees this, which is unlikely and i understand that, they might be motivated to at least take a wack at trying to code one in.

Also the chat thing kinda makes sense, if you look at an irc chat and the in game chat they look basically the same.

That could work.  However one argument against Auction Houses is this.  Giant clans can manipulate the prices by buying 2000 of something and posting all 2000 back at the price of the 2001st listing of that something.  Instead of screaming this argument i want to actually fix it with the hopes of getting an AH in the game, one that works and has no, or at least very little issues to be weeded out later.

Welll the market fluctues and stuff. but you have to remeber clans can only get so big :/ 

Trade chat - make seperate tabs for WTS and WTB. Perfect AH right there.

Also - sure make an AH. THen ofc we will get most of the mods and parts we get as character bound and imposible to trade - say hallo to much greater farm and far more RNGeuss interventions.

dude try to be helpful i don't take kindly to silly posts.  and that would just split the screaming up that doesn't solve the problem

Edited by robertgk2017

I get your point, but the trades wouldn't actually be carried out which is the whole point of an AH.

Thank you, I'm not trying to make a "should we have an AH" post, im trying to figure out how to make an AH possible.  trade chat needs to die.

sorry to disappoint you man, this post is for brainstorming ways to make AH feasible

No harm no harm ;D still as i edited on my previous post, considering the nature of your topic it would belong to the concept subpart since you gather ideas to make something viable out of them^

dude try to be helpful i don't take kindly to idiot posts.  and that would just split the screaming up that doesn't solve the problem

hmmm, splitting the screaming, could help sort out the mess. but in the end it is still screaming :/. How bout instead of a auction house, we can go to a place on the relay to see what items are worth what. Then we can sell it for the most optimal price. i.e a boar prime set is selling at 100-150 etc. then people can make better informed decisions off of that 

Welll the market fluctues and stuff. but you have to remeber clans can only get so big :/ 

That is true markets do fluctuate and clans can only be 1000 big, and this assumes all 1000 are coordinated in the market manipulation.  And while im thinking about this, isnt market manipulation realistic.  I mean whats to stop a company like google, aka a giant clan, from buying an absolute hoarde of cheap stock of some company, the price skyrockets and then they sell all that stock. 

actually I have a solution for this, when looking through items on the auction house, it lists the lowest prices first. Kinda how runescape does it, when you buy, you get the lowest offer. However we could be looking at counter manipulation as well :/

Listing by lowest price is common knowledge for Auction Houses and is just assumed to happen with a new one, still props for mentioning it.  Counter Manipulation, could you elaborate please?

That is true markets do fluctuate and clans can only be 1000 big, and this assumes all 1000 are coordinated in the market manipulation.  And while im thinking about this, isnt market manipulation realistic.  I mean whats to stop a company like google, aka a giant clan, from buying an absolute hoarde of cheap stock of some company, the price skyrockets and then they sell all that stock. 

Nothing :/ it was kinda of like logs of wood in runescape. people kept buying them, the prices inflated :/ made a nice profit though.

No harm no harm ;D still as i edited on my previous post, considering the nature of your topic it would belong to the concept subpart since you gather ideas to make something viable out of them^

That is a good point however i wanted to post this in general to get as much exposure as possible, if a mod moves this to concepts thanks all i ask is that you keep the link to it in general because i consider this topic a "discussion topic"

Listing by lowest price is common knowledge for Auction Houses and is just assumed to happen with a new one, still props for mentioning it.  Counter Manipulation, could you elaborate please?

By counter manipulation, I mean other big clans can farm a lot of mods/parts, then sell them at a lower price then the price it is at now. Thus that would lower the prices of the parts/mods. It really depends :/ the market fluctuates too much to care if you were to implement a auction house in warframe.  Sorry about the grammer lol

Edited by Brokenrune

Nothing :/ it was kinda of like logs of wood in runescape. people kept buying them, the prices inflated :/ made a nice profit though.

Exactly, which makes it slightly unfair for the solo trader/small clans.  

However if you simply take a step back/ do a little bit of research solo traders/ small clans can still make good profit.  I saw a comment in another post roughly along these lines,  "With trading chat you actually have to work to make money, with an AH its automated and requires no effort"  I can understand this however as i said if you simply do your research, aka effort, you can make money, i should say plat but im used to saying money so meh

Exactly, which makes it slightly unfair for the solo trader/small clans.  

However if you simply take a step back/ do a little bit of research solo traders/ small clans can still make good profit.  I saw a comment in another post roughly along these lines,  "With trading chat you actually have to work to make money, with an AH its automated and requires no effort"  I can understand this however as i said if you simply do your research, aka effort, you can make money, i should say plat but im used to saying money so meh

hmmm, what if we added a search function for trade chat? like searching for key words or phrases, so you wouldn't have to work as hard?

By counter manipulation, I mean other big clans can farm a lot of mods/parts, then sell them at a lower price then the price it is at now. Thus that would lower the prices of the parts/mods. It really depends :/ the market fluctuates too much to care if you were to implement a auction house in warframe.  Sorry about the grammer lol

that makes sense however that clan would then be at a net loss of plat, but that clan would also be doing a service to the community short lived as it could be.  So which is better?  Making big personal gains but making the community go bankrupt, OR going bankrupt and making the community flourish.

Also its okay on the grammar im not the best at it either.

hmmm, what if we added a search function for trade chat? like searching for key words or phrases, so you wouldn't have to work as hard?

Most auction houses have a search function or filter of some kind.  the extent to which this filter goes does vary depending on how the items are setup in the game, for example rarities or level of the weapon, both of which don't apply in warframe.  By level i don't mean the 0-30 type of level warframe has, i am not sure how to explain this kind of level.  If you've ever played STO (Star Trek Online) you would know that ship and ground equipment has a mark system, this is what i mean by level.

that makes sense however that clan would then be at a net loss of plat, but that clan would also be doing a service to the community short lived as it could be.  So which is better?  Making big personal gains but making the community go bankrupt, OR going bankrupt and making the community flourish.

Also its okay on the grammar im not the best at it either.

Perhaps for auction house we have a different currency? To be honest, I didn't thought about that. However the counter argument to this is that people would want to sell their stocks fast, thus undercut the current market price. Others would seek to manipulate it, but it would balance out in the end I think. However this is very laissez faire economics lol

Most auction houses have a search function or filter of some kind.  the extent to which this filter goes does vary depending on how the items are setup in the game, for example rarities or level of the weapon, both of which don't apply in warframe.  By level i don't mean the 0-30 type of level warframe has, i am not sure how to explain this kind of level.  If you've ever played STO (Star Trek Online) you would know that ship and ground equipment has a mark system, this is what i mean by level.

a bit more elaboration? maybe we can take this and implement it? or we could help out trading by killing rngsus or lootcifer 

dude try to be helpful i don't take kindly to silly posts.  and that would just split the screaming up that doesn't solve the problem

Really idiot post ?

So in most MMO's whit AH in them - there is such thing as soul bound or account bound or character bound. Limiting greatly what items can be sold and what items cant be sold.

And the high grade stuff is put behind a grind wall. Means you first need to spend months of grinding to top level. THen you need to spend months to attain gear that will lead you to the "end game" and then you are able to gain items worth a damn on AH. Tell me exactly how many of this "gates" exist in this game ? At most you need a day or two and you will be able to farm rare mods and prime parts from starter planets and void via the recruite tab.

Here however we can trade EVERY mod in the game - EVERY ONE LAST OF THEM. The only reason some mods have high price is couse there countless copy's stuck in their owners inventorys and they cant be arsed to sell them. You put an AH in the game - all this duplicates come into play and crash the market.

What about Prime parts ? I have been "WTB trash prime parts" and you wont belive what items i have gotten for 1p. Stuff that can be instant sold for 20-40p is given as trash prime parts. Here comes AH - instant flood of prime parts of every sort. DE may as well kiss their warframe market a solid goodbye and remove it from the game.

So i ask again why dont you maybe think yourself before shouting "idiots". Think how the game is constructed before talking trash.