Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Wants To Help Me With My Math Hehehe

LoseUrself2Dance

SO DIFFERENTIATION OF TRIGONOMETRICAL FUNCTIONS (or something, I didn't learn this in English); this problem in particular:

4x(cos x - cos 2x)

f(x) = -------------------------

sin x * cos 2x

Anyone would like to lend a hand to find f'(x)? :D

Edit: The answer I got waaaas:     

4sin2x (cos x * cos 2x * sin x - x cos 2x *+ x cosx * sin 2x * sin x) + cos x * cos22x

f'(x) = ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cos22x * sin2x        

THIS WAS WRONG. FINAL ANSWER BELOW

But I have no answer sheet so I can't check the answer.

Edit, my working:

(not derived yet)

4x(cos x - cos 2x)

sin x * cos 2x

4x * cos x             cos 2x

= -----------------   -   -------------
    sin x * cos2x      sin x * cos 2x

4x * cot x        cos 2x
= --------------  -  -----------------
      cos 2x          sin x * cos 2x

4x * cot x           1
= --------------  -  ---------
     cos 2x           sin x

4x * cot x
= --------------  -  cosec x
      cos 2x

(deriving now)

(used quotient rule, but since there was 4x * cot x I had to use product rule within the quotient rule(?))

(4 cot x - 4x*cosec2x) * cos 2x  -  (4x * cot x)(-2sin2x)
f'(x) = -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------  +  cosec x * cot x
                                           (cos 2x)2

4 cot x * cos 2x - 4x*cosec2x * cos 2x + 4x*cot x * sin 2x          1      cos x
= -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  +  ----- * --------
                               cos2x                                                          sin x    sin x

4 cot x * cos 2x - 4x*cosec2x * cos 2x + 4x*cot x * sin 2x          cos x
= -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  +  ---------
                               cos2x                                                          sin2x

4 cos x * cos 2x        4x * cos 2x       4x * cos x * sin 2x
   ----------------------  -  ---------------  +  ------------------------
           sin x                   sin2         sin x                         cos x
= -------------------------------------------------------------------------  +  --------
                             cos2x                                              sin2x

4 cos x * cos 2x * sin x - 4x * cos 2x + 4x * cos x * sin 2x * sin x         cos x
= ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------  +  --------
                          sin2x * cos2x                               sin2 x

4 cos x * cos 2x * sin x - 4x * cos 2x + 4x * cos x * sin 2x * sin x  +  cos x * cos2x
= -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          sin2x * cos2x  

I THINK this is the final answer..?

Good Lord that took a while

Edited by LoseUrself2Dance

All right then. Never mind.

Old post:

Can't you derive Trigonometry yourself?

Feels like you are asking assignment answers from the internet in the hopes someone would give you a wrong answer, without even giving a darn in learning Mathematics.

Edited by Freelancer27

Can't you derive Trigonometry yourself?

Feels like you are asking assignment answers from the internet in the hopes someone would give you a wrong answer, without even giving a darn in learning Mathematics.

Pls man, I love math. I really do. It's just that I'm stuck with this question and I have no means of finding out if I did right, so I turned to you guys. I actually did the problem, I just don't know if I did it right. So if I'm not allowed to do that then ya I'm sorry

I suck at math, so I`ll just wish u luck and go :)

lol thanks for the support

Pls man, I love math. I really do. It's just that I'm stuck with this question and I have no means of finding out if I did right, so I turned to you guys. I actually did the problem, I just don't know if I did it right. So if I'm not allowed to do that then ya I'm sorry

lol thanks for the support

so I`m not the only Geek who likes it around, yay!

though I just knew what Cos/sin/Tan are like 2 weeks ago.. so I`m still new to Trigonometry

though I got a pun on it xD

this is Trigon, Trigonometry is studying him

Edited by Bizzaro21

Differentiation eh? Have you tried using quotient rule?

You are dividing so you need to use Quotient rule. Look up that in yours notes (assuming you have some) or online. Then you have to kind of work backwards of the usual order of steps.

I have used the quotient rule, but this problem goes around about and everywhere D: hm, I should try to post my working

This might take a while..

SO DIFFERENTIATION OF TRIGONOMETRICAL FUNCTIONS (or something, I didn't learn this in English); this problem in particular:

4x(cos x - cos 2x)

sin x * cos 2x

Anyone would like to lend a hand to find f'(x)? :D

you have sinned. :)

Edit: The answer I got waaaas:

4sin2x (cos x * cos 2x * sin x - x cos 2x *+ x cosx * sin 2x * sin x) + cos x * cos22x

f'(x) = ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cos22x * sin2x

But I have no answer sheet so I can't check the answer.

you have sinned. :) Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11

hmm let me see..., what was the identities again?

here's a link

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LC3wV1fMfrw/TeQYIN8uZGI/AAAAAAAAABM/jQxF2As2NmQ/s1600/viewer_2.png

Oh yeah...your supposed to split* the equation

4sin2x (cos x * cos 2x * sin x - x cos 2x *+ x cosx * sin 2x * sin x)             + cos x * cos22x

f'(x) = ----------------------------------------------------------------                 ----------------------------------

cos22x * sin2x                                                cos22x * sin2x

If only I had a small refresher...
Edited by Magnulast

My brain is warm from all the thinking...

Alright, I got the correct solution. Your initial solution is wrong: 

fzyPKec.png

My answer checks out with Wolfram Alpha. 

WEHEW okay, a bit sad that I was wrong but glad that I have a real answer. Thanks! And thanks everyone haha

Renegade343 I am 100% certain you are a wizard