Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Some (Mostly Melee) Stats Up To Make Them More Interesting

Xarteros

For starters, every single melee weapon I am aware of has the same channelling cost and the same channelling damage multiplier. We have mods to boost both, but none of them are ever useful because the damage is never significant enough.

Slower, heavier weapons should often have higher channelling damage bonus, possibly some with higher base channelling cost. Lots of lighter, faster weapons should have lower cost to reflect their lower damage. Stuff like lifestrike is a pain with fast weapons because it's draining the same amount of energy for significantly less return. 

Crits could use a bit of variance too, to make weapons less copy/paste to mod build (maybe some with low chance+high damage for infrequent, powerful crits and the flipside, frequent crits for only a small crit multiplier), but I think channelling would be less work for now

With the re-advent of charge attacks coming shortly, any arguments I previously had about channeling variance have grown a bit redundant and moot(Galatine charge attack + a high channeling multiplier, goddamn). However I think some of the less charge attack focused weapon types(daggers, longswords, dual swords, etc) could tradeoff with lower charge damage and better channeling stats overall.