Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Research Weapons And Grinding...

SoulEchelon

I suggest everyone watch this; and I apologize if this has already been posted. He rambles a little, but explains just how much grinding will be needed for these new research weapons.

Things to keep in mind:

1. The information obtained from the Wiki is datamined. That means that there's a chance that it MIGHT not be correct. Not only that, the people that post on the wiki can't always be trusted. We will only know for sure when someone starts crafting these weapons.

2. DE isn't a dictatorship. They've changed things before and have shown themselves to be flexible if enough players disagree with things. If these research costs indeed show themselves to be far too much or take far too much time, DE might change them. Or might not.

3. These weapons are supposed to be the answer to Warframe's "Endgame". At least, it seems that way since the items and time needed are borderline outrageous.

4. WE DO NOT NEED THESE WEAPONS. Infact, according to the wiki, most of them aren't really that much better than our current weapons. You won't need these new research weapons to continue playing the game.

My opinion: I've been a pretty stalwart advocate of almost everything DE has done. I have an open mind and all, but when I see just how long it'll take to make this stuff...and how many materials needed...and the fact that I either must buy a Forma or get extremely lucky and trip over one... I just can't see myself actually trying to get these new weapons. Some of them sound really interesting and fun - almost definitely going to at least try for that flamethrower- but freakin' hell...

I remember comparing Warframe to Vindictus when it came to grinding. Vindictus was horrible with it because the items you needed to craft the higher level weapons were incredibly rare. Not only did you have to fight bosses that take upwards to almost an hour to defeat, but you could only fight them a few times a week, and the items they dropped were 99% of the time trash, while that 1% was the true reward. For you Vindictus players - Not once...ever...did I obtain Elchulus' tear. Not. Once.

Warframe was vastly different. I felt rewarded crafting new weapons and stuff because it didn't take extremely long and the components needed were just rare enough so that I didn't get overly frustrated. But now, it seems Warframe is becoming exactly what Vindictus is - only in a different way. Instead of horrendously rare loot, we now need to find tons upon tons of uncommon loot. Vin still beats out Warframe in excessive grinding, but Warframe is definitely not far behind...and at least in Vindictus, the bosses you had to grind were relatively hard battles.

But...at the same time, when it came to Vindictus, you needed those stronger armors and weapons to continue playing the higher level content. Whereas in Warframe, we don't need these new weapons or warframes to continue playing. That's something to think about.

My advice: At the very least, make it so that we can craft multiples of the same item. I'd rather have a "cluttered" foundry filled with multiples so I can click on each of them and craft than what we currently have now. If I want to unclutter, I can just simply sale what I don't want. This will help with the horrendous amount of time needed to craft everything.

I thought they were going to work on a way to introduce less grindy stuff. Here's hoping the next update will do exactly that, because this one seems chalk full of just...more grinding. And that's my two cents. I'm not bashing DE, not bashing Warframe, not attacking anyone in particular. Just putting forth info and stating my opinion. Do with it what you will.

1. the stats could be justified when the wpns have some special abilitys like the flamethower set ppl on fire

3. Every wpn cn be endgame . . you can buy braton and aklato from the shop for 50k potatoe it and mod it well and still tear trought you enemys like you would do it with gorgon and kraken, overall all wpns are more or less viable so you can play how you want it and dont be forced to "use this rifle and that pistol or you're a noob and do no dmg" and its fine like this

your opinon is good but at this time not all of the weapons are researched and we need to w8 until they are to see if they are rly this "useless" i think the will like every other wpn have there strong parts and there weak parts and tear trought this kind while abolutlly useless against others

patient tenno, we will see what happen :3

1. the stats could be justified when the wpns have some special abilitys like the flamethower set ppl on fire

3. Every wpn cn be endgame . . you can buy braton and aklato from the shop for 50k potatoe it and mod it well and still tear trought you enemys like you would do it with gorgon and kraken, overall all wpns are more or less viable so you can play how you want it and dont be forced to "use this rifle and that pistol or you're a noob and do no dmg" and its fine like this

your opinon is good but at this time not all of the weapons are researched and we need to w8 until they are to see if they are rly this "useless" i think the will like every other wpn have there strong parts and there weak parts and tear trought this kind while abolutlly useless against others

patient tenno, we will see what happen :3

I never said they were "useless", I said, according to the wiki, they aren't much more powerful than the current weapons we can get. I wasn't stating that to belittle them. I was stating that to show we don't need them.

And I spoke of them as "endgame" due to the amount of time and materials needed to craft them. Obviously, no newcomer can craft this equipment quickly or easily. No, instead they would more than likely go after the easier things to craft (or outright buy). Not only that, DE didn't add these research weapons to the market. Only way you can get them is by being in a clan that has researched them, then craft them. Sounds closer to endgame or mid-late game to me.

I'm very much patient, but if the wiki is correct (and I did state it might not be), then Akamikeb's (the person in the vid) informative statements and explanation shows this is going to be one hell of a grindfest.

I never said they were "useless", I said, according to the wiki, they aren't much more powerful than the current weapons we can get. I wasn't stating that to belittle them. I was stating that to show we don't need them.

And I spoke of them as "endgame" due to the amount of time and materials needed to craft them. Obviously, no newcomer can craft this equipment quickly or easily. No, instead they would more than likely go after the easier things to craft (or outright buy). Not only that, DE didn't add these research weapons to the market. Only way you can get them is by being in a clan that has researched them, then craft them. Sounds closer to endgame or mid-late game to me.

I'm very much patient, but if the wiki is correct (and I did state it might not be), then Akamikeb's (the person in the vid) informative statements and explanation shows this is going to be one hell of a grindfest.

i dont say you said useless, thats why I ad the " "

and a newcomer can join a clan who already researched the wpns get the blueprint and build it, so said its not far away from just buy bp in the market but yeah we will see,

and true atm its a hell of a grindfest for small and mediumsized clans till 50~100 but above that it just get nearly insta-foundet like akamike sayd in his vid "i set the research-labs 10 mins ago and they are already at 80~90%" but DE already metiond it that they gonna scale up for the clansize/materials

Edited by Depar

i dont say you said useless, thats why I ad the " "

and a newcomer can join a clan who already researched the wpns get the blueprint and build it, so said its not far away from just buy bp in the market but yeah we will see,

and true atm its a hell of a grindfest for small and mediumsized clans till 50~100 but above that it just get nearly insta-foundet like akamike sayd in his vid "i set the research-labs 10 mins ago and they are already at 80~90%" but DE already metiond it that they gonna scale up for the clansize/materials

I don't think you watched the video. I'm not talking about farming materials for building the blueprints in the dojo. I'm talking about farming the materials to build the weapons -themselves-. You don't actually obtain the weapons from the dojo directly. Instead, your dojo is researching these weapons and creating a blueprint for them. You then buy the blueprint from the dojo, then craft it yourself in your own foundry.

I know the vid is 20 minutes long, but really. Watch it. It explains everything that I was trying to convey.

I don't think you watched the video. I'm not talking about farming materials for building the blueprints in the dojo. I'm talking about farming the materials to build the weapons -themselves-. You don't actually obtain the weapons from the dojo directly. Instead, your dojo is researching these weapons and creating a blueprint for them. You then buy the blueprint from the dojo, then craft it yourself in your own foundry.

I know the vid is 20 minutes long, but really. Watch it. It explains everything that I was trying to convey.

i watched i a few days ago already, may a miss some part of it because english is not my native. but i still think

Clan research wpn => buy researched wpn bp in dojo => build it in you foundry

and this i mentions before

may you overread something? :o

If this shizz costs forma and all of that time and field rows, then they better be good....

1. join big clan already researched it

2. buy bp

3. profit

edit: about ma last post, just lurked trought the wf wiki all wpn seem to have mastery rank 3~7 i like that :3

Edited by Depar

i watched i a few days ago already, may a miss some part of it because english is not my native. but i still think

Clan research wpn => buy researched wpn bp in dojo => build it in you foundry

and this i mentions before

may you overread something? :o

You're..not understanding me...

It's not researching the blueprints that is the focal point of what I and Akamikeb were talking about. We already know about all that and know the costs.

We're talking about the amount of time and material it'll take to CRAFT these weapons IN YOUR OWN FOUNDRY.

Fast forward the video to 7:30 Akamikeb states this:

You need Mastery Level 7 to equip it (which is fine.)

You need 10 Fieldron units. He then states you need 10 Control Modules and a whopping 100 Fieldron Samples to craft just these 10 Fieldron units. He then explains just how long all of these will take to build, since you can't build the same item at the same time.

10 Fieldron units.

1 Fieldron unit = 12 hours.

10 x 12 = 120 hours.

Plus the time it takes to craft the weapon itself: 24 hours.

So, not including farming the components, it'll take 6 days total to get this weapon. Including farming would add up to about 10 days or so as he stated, and this guy knows his way around farming. That's a long time just to craft one weapon. Now do you understand what I'm trying to say?

Edited by SoulEchelon

a math, i understand that :3

and . . the daaaaamn

the amout of grinding is to damn high you're right good sir

and i missstock this vid with another where he introduced the dojo

well the amout of grindig escalted quickly ._.

a math, i understand that :3

and . . the daaaaamn

the amout of grinding is to damn high you're right good sir

and i missstock this vid with another where he introduced the dojo

well the amout of grindig escalted quickly ._.

No problem, just glad you understand what I was trying to say with this thread. It's why my advice to make it so that we can craft multiples of the same item is, to me, a good idea. It can cut those 6 days into only a day and a half IF you have ALL of the materials available before you start crafting.