The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prova Prod Is Just A Sword Reskin.

Caernarvon

Never mind that it requires Forma to CRAFT, this thing is just some lazy reskin with electrical damage tacked on.

Boy was that "new weapon" worth waiting for.

Oh, is it maybe supposed to receive proper animations later?

THEN DON'T MAKE UNFINISHED GARBAGE COST FORMA

Edited by Caernarvon

What did you expect, secret martial techniques with an electrified stick?

Actually the fact that the prod is currently used like some ninja sword IS the issue. Our frames wield the thing like a long blade making long swipes and stuff.

Sticks are made for bashing, not cutting. You know, like the Corpus use them.

Edited by Caernarvon

Lets not get emotional over this. DE has taken feedback and incorporated it into the game time and time again. Given this is a learning process for them l, I trust these concerns will be taken into account, but it won't be overnight.

Why are you keep making weapons without polarities, DE? Oh wait, Forma! Right. That's two, to make this piece of garbage remotely viable. With 2 forma's any weapon will be good. And you call this a "clan goal"? Cant wait to see snipetron in action, though i already have one.

Why are you keep making weapons without polarities, DE? Oh wait, Forma! Right. That's two, to make this piece of garbage remotely viable. With 2 forma's any weapon will be good. And you call this a "clan goal"? Cant wait to see snipetron in action, though i already have one.

Like Gorgon...Hek...Boar...Grakata...Aklato...Bronco... and probably many more. Seriously, conspiracy theories are running wild these days...

Wait, hold on so the Prova

- Costs Forma (the polarity-granting item) to craft, but

- Has no polarity slots, and also

- Doesn't provide Corpus Prodmen animation sets

So it's more expensive but lower-quality than a bunch of other stuff, and doesn't even balance that out by having a unique animation set?

Edited by Hoverbike

I REALLY hope this prod is just a placeholder for what they intend for it to be (that they are still finishing up). If this is the intended final version of the prod, I am going to be quite disgusted.

Wait, hold on so the Prova

- Costs Forma (the polarity-granting item) to craft, but

- Has no polarity slots, and also

- Doesn't provide Corpus Prodmen animation sets

So it's more and expensive but lower-quality than a bunch of other stuff, and doesn't even balance that out by having a unique animation set?

Pretty much

Hooray. It's a Jaw Sword with pure electric damage, making it useless against an entire subset of enemies.

That was totally worth all the materials needed to craft it. It's so unique.

Edited by Retni

I agree that when I first saw the Prod as a weapon option, I was all giddy inside, hoping for sweet, sweet payback on the Prodcrewman, and even better, bashing my way through uppity Grineer hordes, but seeing the Prova in its current state, I feel none of that joy.

In my opinion, there are three fixes necessary, with varying time-investment.

• Needs to get the Corpus Prodcrewman model.
  • Needs the sounds of that, too.
  • Needs on animation set, with the Prod resting at the hip and the motions being violent clubbings and wide swipes for civil submission.

1. and 2. should be possible fairly soon - on 3., one could wait. I figure running MoCap and Maya finetuning takes a while.

But nevertheless, I would like to see this addressed fairly swiftly - at leat 1 & 2. This is disappointing. :(

PS: Friendly preemptive reminder, please keep this civil. I feel your pain.

You mean incur, not infer, in your copy-pasted warnings, Ced. Get it right for once.

Neither of those words is in the post you're sniping at

I believe my friend here is referring to the warning messages Cedrick sends out whenever he sees a naughty post.

Yupp, yupp, and yupp. Naples has mail, Hoverbike's question is answered by Dousiq and we can all merrily get back to important things.

Such as: The Prod is not a prod. How does Mynki sleep knowing that this happened?