The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My First Halloween..... Worth It

SnowLeopard25

I wasn't planning to run this again outside of helping friends with it (already had my "neat, but no more thank you!" moment with it.) but this...

I have to try this now just for the sake of it.

Edit: Okay, that was rather amusing - thank you.

It's my favorite part of the event, watching my teammates hopelessly punch the infested while I light them on fire with bullet jumps (Firewalker) and tactically nuke crowds with Heavy Impact.

Also makes rezzing and hacking actually work, just stand on the person hacking/rezzing and repeatedly goomba stomp to keep them covered.

No, its not noticeable. Even if it is, the movements are so minor and so vague that is almost impossible to get a proper tell on what its doing until it has already halfway charging at you, or see the pumpkins over your head which means that you're doomed to take damage anyway. Unless, as stated before, you are running around like a headless chicken in order to stay alive.

The only thing I'm noticing is when its already charging, when its already shooting and when it rears up. The last one being the only proper telegraph. 

Yeah, sure. I cant criticize a game for fake difficulty if I already know it beforehand.

Payday 2 also has this fake difficulty mode - Death wish. What does it consist of? Almost double the amount of enemies, double special unit spawns, double enemy health, twice as accurate enemies who deal 1.5x damage compared to the difficulty bellow Death wish. The thing is though that even with all this, Death wish difficulty does not f*ck up the player in any way. It f*cks up what the player is put up against. It is insanely hard, but it is still possible and very satisfying to beat, even with that fake difficulty increase. It can be fun and enjoyable to play.

This excuse of an event mission though? It f*cks up both the player and what the player is put up against. It is not fun. I can not enjoy that.

And need I remind you that I have completed the mission 4 times? As in, round 1 twice and round 2 twice? First me by myself, then me helping a friend out with it?

And you know what? My friends do not enjoy this event mission either.

My suggestion is to bullet jump up into the air and aim glide for as long as possible. He pretty much can't touch you if you remain in the air. As soon as you land, do it again. He will still try to charge at you though, so just hover over those pumpkins and watch him kill himself. I also found a nice ledge really high up that you can chill at for a while before any mobs get there. It really wasn't that bad, even with the 50 shields/health.