Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Losing My Mind Over The Stalker Here

DrEuthanasia

I've tried every trick I could find to get the Stalker to show up. I've killed every boss in the game solo, even the robots, done countless missions by simply skipping all combat to blitz through them as fast as possible, waited what has now been days for some alleged timer to tick down, and this guy just won't grace me with the barest hint of his smoke-covered posterior.

The documentation on this whole thing is extremely poor, so now I'm coming to you guys. What am I not doing right here, aside from keeping a healthy grasp on my own sanity?

When I Stalker farmed (I...actually had all 3 of his drops drop 1 after the other. RNG gods loved me) what I did was speed through Golem's stage, take him out, finish the stage and then go run M Prime until Stalker showed up. Usually took 1-2 runs.

After killing him, go kill Golem again. Rinse and repeat.

Edit: And do this SOLO. I think the person who gets the last hit on a boss gets the Stalker 'trigger'.

Edited by Lunaticked

When I Stalker farmed (I...actually had all 3 of his drops drop 1 after the other. RNG gods loved me) what I did was speed through Golem's stage, take him out, finish the stage and then go run M Prime until Stalker showed up. Usually took 1-2 runs.

Edit: And do this SOLO. I think the person who gets the last hit on a boss gets the Stalker 'trigger'.

Doesn't work. Tried 18 rounds of Mprime. It's all RNG.

There's no timer at all, you just have a chance of seeing Stalker after you've killed a boss.

Honestly, his entire design is meant to PREVENT farming due to his utter randomness and infrequency of appearance. As long as you've killed a boss recently (like... ever - he has a freaking long memory, I've had him come after me days after I killed a boss he references) he has a chance of showing up. It's honestly saner to play normally and just kill him when he decides to grace you with his presence than try to deliberately spam missions hoping he'll appear.

Extermination missions. Early ones. Kill the enemies, it shouldn't be a problem, and if he decides to show up you won't have too much fighting going on around you. Other mission types might swarm you with grunts while trying to fight him.

Being swarmed by grunts doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I would be happy to fight 20 Stalkers at once. At least then I'd have an opportunity to kill him.

You have no idea how many times I've visited M Prime over the past three days.

There's no timer at all, you just have a chance of seeing Stalker after you've killed a boss.

Honestly, his entire design is meant to PREVENT farming due to his utter randomness and infrequency of appearance. As long as you've killed a boss recently (like... ever - he has a freaking long memory, I've had him come after me days after I killed a boss he references) he has a chance of showing up. It's honestly saner to play normally and just kill him when he decides to grace you with his presence than try to deliberately spam missions hoping he'll appear.

Sanity is not the objective here. Only Hate and Despair.

I'm getting pretty close to both, as you may imagine.

Is there any benefit to playing solo, aside from the ability to complete missions at your own pace?

Logic would dictate that a group consisting entirely of people who have soloed each boss running the same mission would have the highest chance of encountering the Stalker - higher than any one of them on their own.

My way :

Solo titania (ash boss)

Then solo Cordelia one or two time, he spawns,

Repeat

(doing this combo on Uranus cuz i am looking for plastids)

Edited by Asla

My way :

Solo titania (ash boss)

Then solo Cordelia one or two time, he spawns,

Repeat

(doing this combo on Uranus cuz i am looking for plastids)

Might as well try this. I doubt very much that he's going to spawn, though.

It may be pure superstition but what I do, with good results...

farm a boss 3 times
restart client (log out first)
run random defense mission

I get like a solid 40% success rate give or take... but it could just be pure coincidence.

What is this stalker you're talking about? I think the reason you aren't finding it is because you're chasing something imaginary. It's like going on a leprechaun hunt, you're not going to succeed.

Ever play a game called Don't Starve? Sometimes you just have to lose yourself a little in order to get that beard hair.

I've seen him like 8 or 9 times, got two despairs and two dreads. 2 times he's shown for me individually.

Soloing DECREASES his spawn rate, each player has their own individual chance to "proc" the stalker encounter, since only 1 player gets the dialogue from him.