Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Games Would Have Benefited From Linear/non-Linear Game Style?

EternalOdyessy

Title.

In my opinion, I think Hotline Miami would have an interesting benefit from having an open world. I mean, sure, the linear way it has gives it room for "puzzle"-like insanity, but a top-down open world of Hotline Miami sounds really really wicked. 

And, well, Skyrim would make more sense if the main storyline was linear- forcing you to do it first before you're allowed freedom, though it's probably an unpopular opinion. The immersion is killed when I realize I could be doing the main storyline. But could. I've put a little over 100 hours into the game, but I've yet to even try finishing the main storylines because I'm either overpowered or on the other side of the world working for a guild. Maybe that's the charm of the game for some people.

And, well, Skyrim would make more sense if the main storyline was linear- forcing you to do it first before you're allowed freedom, though it's probably an unpopular opinion. The immersion is killed when I realize I could be doing the main storyline. But could. I've put a little over 100 hours into the game, but I've yet to even try finishing the main storylines because I'm either overpowered or on the other side of the world working for a guild. Maybe that's the charm of the game for some people.

Well, Skyrim is wonderful in that regard. Walk anywhere you want, and you might find treasure, new places, or a mysterious relic. 

Or get smashed into the sky by yet another giant. 

Well, Skyrim is wonderful in that regard. Walk anywhere you want, and you might find treasure, new places, or a mysterious relic. 

Or get smashed into the sky by yet another giant. 

Get get attacked by a flying Randy Savage...

Edited by BrownStalin