The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dae Have Enemies Spawn Directly Behind Them Constantly?

Aethernet

I will have literally just cleared a dead end room and take two steps when suddenly I have enemies behind me, often including heavies ALONG with the enemies I'm fighting in front of me. 

It's no problem duo/co-op but when I'm soloing and clear a room, I expect it to stay somewhat clear for longer than 5 seconds(except with Corpus of course) so I can put up a fight.

I have to say it's mostly grineer giving me issues as they tend to just load up on seekers and throw 2-3 heavies out in a pincer motion that shouldn't be possible.

Yea I'm all for keep the action coming, but the spawning 3 seconds after I cleared that room is getting kinda old, even if its not a dead end, I was just there.

I feel like the unappreciated maid sometimes, "I just cleaned this place up !"

Edited by Carcharias

• 2 months later...

Digging this topic up instead of starting a new one. I feel like this has become worse with one of the updates in the past couple weeks.

I literally had a Grineer spawn beside me, I actually saw him pop into the level in a room I was leaving that we just cleared. It was so unexpected that I ran past him because I assumed a new player joined the level, then he took a swing at me.

Having extra troop spawning occur two tiles away is a solid idea.

I think securing areas is beyond what the devs wanted, and a potentially limitless supply of enemies isn't necessarily a bad thing when mod farming. Just keeping spawns a few tiles away from the player so it's not obvious that enemies are just appearing. When they spawn too soon and close to you (or in rooms with one door, or in corners where they would have to 'pass' you to get there) it kills the immersion of the game a great deal.

Edited by Soul_Shinobi