Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Losing Interest In Warframe Faster And Faster Each Day. (Dev Response Please!)

ProfessorMeeseeks

where were all these posts a few days ago? ive been whining about rare mat drop rates for a while now. its also worth noting that with the trend these past few days, shotgun scavenger is up to a 30% of '?' alerts. i dont know who is writing these numbers in, but it sure as hell seems like they need a vacation. either theyre pissed off or sleep deprived, because these 'chances' are all out of whack.

back to the rare mat drop chance, i completed 2 sets of trinity parts before i finally got 1 neurode. now im no founder, but if i was, id say that crap is definately messed up.

where were all these posts a few days ago? ive been whining about rare mat drop rates for a while now. its also worth noting that with the trend these past few days, shotgun scavenger is up to a 30% of '?' alerts. i dont know who is writing these numbers in, but it sure as hell seems like they need a vacation. either theyre &!$$ed off or sleep deprived, because these 'chances' are all out of whack.

back to the rare mat drop chance, i completed 2 sets of trinity parts before i finally got 1 neurode. now im no founder, but if i was, id say that crap is definately messed up.

I've definitely been posting and making threads about this issue as well, but they keep getting buried. So, I try to bump other threads about it as best I can now.

Alerts are definitely an issue that should get looked at, even though I got my very first Forma through the Alert for a Forma Blueprint earlier today (lucky chance; not only did it come up, but it came up while I could play Warframe), the rewards for Alerts are definitely at issue.

Besides, credit rewards are almost meaningless compared against the drop rate for rare materials, or even the chance to get an Artifact or blueprint from an Alert now. If a player has access to an Alert in the first place, they've already played that area at least once - players should be rewarded a bit better for revisiting previously-cleared territory, I think.

Edited by rhoenix

Update for all the rng haters, guess what, I'm betting five to one they fixed the rng pretty well in the hotfix they put out today. I only did a few runs today and I don't know if i was incredibly lucky, or the rng for items has become more balanced, but in about an hour i was able to get the 2 pieces i needed to start building frost, a part of rhino while mistakenly farming jackal for a control module (only did his run twice), and a control module along with a BP i can't remember after running the hyena 3 times on neptune.

Update for all the rng haters, guess what, I'm betting five to one they fixed the rng pretty well in the hotfix they put out today. I only did a few runs today and I don't know if i was incredibly lucky, or the rng for items has become more balanced, but in about an hour i was able to get the 2 pieces i needed to start building frost, a part of rhino while mistakenly farming jackal for a control module (only did his run twice), and a control module along with a BP i can't remember after running the hyena 3 times on neptune.

Well, I'm glad you got lucky, then. It took me 2.5 hours to get a single unit of Neurodes today.

They are not compensating for all the stuff they are adding into the RNG. THAT is where my frustration is. Things that used to be obtainable in a week are now taking much much longer. The more they add to the RNG, the longer the grind and the more frustrated the player gets. I've tried just telling myself that I'm just going through a bad luck spree. No longer do I feel this way. I am now starting to feel as if getting new things will be torture and nothing but frustration. Two or Three months ago, getting a new frame would not take more then a week of continous grinding. Now it is taking more then a month. If DE really wants to keep their player base, they need to do some serious reworking of the RNG. Right now Warframe is more frustration then it is fun. I know I am not the only one who feels this way. I shouldn't feel like getting a new frame is impossible.

Thats a fact right there. I think they should have, for bosses at least, a guaranteed drop of at least part of the schematic. It would end the times where you grind Jackal for a week (When he isn't falling into the floor, but thats another thread) and the only thing you get is 89 plastids. Bosses and heavy units should have better drop rates. This might be a little extreme, but I think a boss that drops componants for a warframe should have a  100% Chance of dropping a schematic. Vor does, in my experience. But Jackal has like a 1% chance of dropping ANYTHING. The only thing I got apart from 89 plastids was a goddamn energy orb.

The problem with RNG is that true randomness is prone to streaks. This results in one person getting NO drops for a week while another gets a drop every other kill. There should be seperate probabilities for the main things in the system. You should ALWAYS get at least one ferrite drop when going through a mission in mercury, for instance.

I spent two weeks farming the Banshee helmet. Immediately after I got it my inventory started filling up with Banshee helmet blueprints.

It can suck this I know. 

If you think it's a bug please open a ticket.

If you just can't handle the RNG system it might be time to move on.

same thing happened to me

Well thing about RNG is,this game needs money to exist.The way by doing that you either grind the whole S#&$load of items in the market for partially free or just go buy some Platinum.It´s standard bussines for F2P games.I´m okay with it.

One of the reasons I don´t get frustrated by grinding.IMAGINATION.SCENARIO.A GOOD GAME WITH FRIENDS OR HILLARIOUS RANDOM PEOPLE.Just go online and have a good level with some guys,or go and make a solo game about how your LOKI needs to intercept the secret JACKAL project.The grinding vanishes and is replaced by FUN .

Well thing about RNG is,this game needs money to exist.The way by doing that you either grind the whole S#&$load of items in the market for partially free or just go buy some Platinum.It´s standard bussines for F2P games.I´m okay with it.

One of the reasons I don´t get frustrated by grinding.IMAGINATION.SCENARIO.A GOOD GAME WITH FRIENDS OR HILLARIOUS RANDOM PEOPLE.Just go online and have a good level with some guys,or go and make a solo game about how your LOKI needs to intercept the secret JACKAL project.The grinding vanishes and is replaced by FUN .

How about we don't use hyperbole in an argument?

The debate isn't "RNG sucks." The debate is about the drop percentages for rare items & mods within the RNG now, both in-game and for Alerts. Nobody here is saying that RNG should be eliminated - kindly don't make that strawman of an argument.

Personally I wouldn't mind there being a third form of currency, Bounty Points perhaps, which would allow one to -buy- the blueprints dropped from those bosses.

Like say you want a Mag Systems?

If you fight Nef it could give anywhere from 50~75 Bounty Points.

The BP itself costs around 500, therefore a consistent 10 ish runs to gather enough bounty points for the blueprint.

Higher "rank" frames could cost more Bounty Points per blueprint, for instance Rhino chasis could cost anywhere in the 1250~1500 range, while a Frost bp (coming from Kril all the way up there) could cost anywhere from 1750~2000.

However, to compensate for this increased cost the higher level bosses could also reward more points per kill.

(And, of course, this gives DE a chance to make even -more- money from impatient folk by having a Plat to Point converter)

Perhaps other items could be found through this, ones that could also add "well I want that so I'll keep playing to get it" mentality, like well-designed skins or other vanity items (maybe even color palattes).

Just my thought.

It has never been this bad. This is my point. It is starting to feel as if DE is playing a sick and twisted joke.

You should play Vindictus then complain about RNG. At least in Warframe you have the option to " buy " what you want.

This is where Warframe can shine, you may have to grind many hours into getting a warframe you want, but it's the cost of time you pay when you want it " free " , simply put if you want it bad enough, pay for it and support the company, if you're unable to do so due to not having any funds, get funds, if you're unable to do so due to " no way to buy platinum " go to Wal-Mart and buy a $25 visa giftcard.

I'll admit the RNG is a bit lacking on specifics, it does need a little work, but as far as I can say it seems fine enough for now.

Personally I wouldn't mind there being a third form of currency, Bounty Points perhaps, which would allow one to -buy- the blueprints dropped from those bosses.

The BP itself costs around 500, therefore a consistent 10 ish runs to gather enough bounty points for the blueprint.

Higher "rank" frames could cost more Bounty Points per blueprint, for instance Rhino chasis could cost anywhere in the 1250~1500 range, while a Frost bp (coming from Kril all the way up there) could cost anywhere from 1750~2000.

However, to compensate for this increased cost the higher level bosses could also reward more points per kill.

(And, of course, this gives DE a chance to make even -more- money from impatient folk by having a Plat to Point converter)

Perhaps other items could be found through this, ones that could also add "well I want that so I'll keep playing to get it" mentality, like well-designed skins or other vanity items (maybe even color palattes).

Just my thought.

That is actually an amazing idea. I would LOVE to have something implemented such as this. If done right, people would not get so frustrated with DE for missing that ? alert they have been waiting for weeks for. Same with warframe blueprint drops. This idea would fix so much. Edited by ikillyou1990

The RNG is not for the faint of heart

If certain parts have a reduced drop chance compared to others then its not a RNG. This is a DE type rigged S#&$ lottery, the same as in void missions.

Furthermore:

Steve said in the stream that he prefers the RNG because it gives casual players a chance at getting something quickly rather than having to grind for hours

LeHappyMerchant.png

Corpus Steve says that my 378 hours of game play for a single flow mod can be considered "getting something quickly rather than having to grind for hours years".

Advancement of any form is impossible in this system.

The "NG" (cause this has nothing to do with RNG anymore) serves the only purpose of burning out the players and killing the game.

Edited by Aerensiniac

Just my thought.

That's an excellent idea - and one that can be built on.

DE mentioned before that they were having discussions already about a token system, so how's this: instead of dropping a specific schematic, a player would receive a certain amount of currency points - let's call them Gold, for the sake of argument.

With gold, one could buy a specific schematic from this list if you saved up enough, such as the standard Warframe parts we all know and love grinding for, if one had a high enough player rank for it (which would give one another reason to raise the rank).

As for Alerts, have a player receive a certain amount of another type of currency, called Graphene here for the sake of argument. Yes, this means four types of currency total, but work with me here: with Graphene, one could buy the more rare items, such as Plasma Sword blueprints.

Now, the next idea here is to simplify the two into one currency, and just make rare items cost more. So, all told, we have just three types of currency (Credits, Platinum, and now Gold/Graphene), with each thing costing a specified amount of Gold/Graphene according to it's rarity. As for restriction of the list, DE can just restrict it by player rank.

Drop rates personally are fine. Especially for frame blueprints. it makes you work for it. It took me 30 runs to get a systems blueprint for Ember, but I got it, and I felt I had accomplished something, and got to build it with pride. If you're having bad RNG, try going to another mission for a little while, take a break and come back to it. don't just come to the forums and complain about bad luck. It happens. It took me two weeks to get rhino, but you know what? I finally got him. Just keep at it.

I'm feeling the same way for the same reason, sorry to hear that.

I don't want Mag and got her parts farming Morphics (God knows I hate Nef as much as you my friend), but Saryn systems are just refusing to drop! I'd like to be gallivanting all over the solar system, but I'm stuck on this one map on Sedna most of the time =/

EDIT: I've heard that the systems have a lower drop rate than the other pieces for all the warframes, which doesn't make a lot of sense given we already have to have a blueprint drop, and have the blueprint selected be one of the ones we need...

Edited by 0shi

I'm feeling the same way for the same reason, sorry to hear that.

I don't want Mag and got her parts farming Morphics (God knows I hate Nef as much as you my friend), but Saryn systems are just refusing to drop! I'd like to be gallivanting all over the solar system, but I'm stuck on this one map on Sedna most of the time =/

EDIT: I've heard that the systems have a lower drop rate than the other pieces for all the warframes, which doesn't make a lot of sense given we already have to have a blueprint drop, and have the blueprint selected be one of the ones we need...

Just did sedna twice, and got both the helmet and systems... lol

I don't know it it's a bug I encountered, but let's call it a bug.

When i go hunting for Warframe blueprints bosses drop, I always play with at least one friend. We always compare what the boss dropped. For example the boss of earth drops neurodes. But sometimes only one of us is getting the neurodes and the other doesn't.

So we tried killing another boss and then the boss of earth again. After we did that, we both got neurodes.

I  think it's very buggy, some people get items, you don't get.

Try to farm different bosses at the same time, so the game doesn't kill your chances of dropping anything.

That's my experience so far...

If certain parts have a reduced drop chance compared to others then its not a RNG. This is a DE type rigged S#&$ lottery, the same as in void missions.

Furthermore:

LeHappyMerchant.png

Corpus Steve says that my 378 hours of game play for a single flow mod can be considered "getting something quickly rather than having to grind for hours years".

Advancement of any form is impossible in this system.

The "NG" (cause this has nothing to do with RNG anymore) serves the only purpose of burning out the players and killing the game.

I'm sorry but for all the people who keep on hating on the RNG system, while i do note that I've spent quite a lot of time in defense runs, I've only put 110 hours into the game overall, and I've built several frames, including frost who i spent all of 2 hours farming for, I have some of the rarest mods in the game, including one coveted split chamber. Here's the thing though, if some mods and items weren't rarer than others, then we'd have people on mercury just starting the game grabbing split chamber and focus right off the bat, reducing the overall value of the item/mod. The RNG system was a little broke, and they're working hard on fixing it, but if they don't make tiered items, then advancing in the game becomes a waste of time, and people can and will spend their days farming venus because it becomes super easy to get rare crap on low level missions. Besides, do pluto's and xini's defense runs a bit more, I run into a few flows a week fairly easily, and almost as many continuities.

I'm sorry but for all the people who keep on hating on the RNG system, while i do note that I've spent quite a lot of time in defense runs, I've only put 110 hours into the game overall, and I've built several frames, including frost who i spent all of 2 hours farming for, I have some of the rarest mods in the game, including one coveted split chamber. Here's the thing though, if some mods and items weren't rarer than others, then we'd have people on mercury just starting the game grabbing split chamber and focus right off the bat, reducing the overall value of the item/mod. The RNG system was a little broke, and they're working hard on fixing it, but if they don't make tiered items, then advancing in the game becomes a waste of time, and people can and will spend their days farming venus because it becomes super easy to get rare crap on low level missions. Besides, do pluto's and xini's defense runs a bit more, I run into a few flows a week fairly easily, and almost as many continuities.

Or, or. Hear me out, this is something no other game has done before and it might blow your mind. What if they balance rarer drops by enemy / mission level? More than the <1% increase you get post level 20.

This game is not about farming.

Meanwhile, those who don't happen to be golden children are grinding missions to farm up stuff they need, and many aren't even getting anything of worth.

If you have good luck, please stop posting about your luck. It just makes you out to be a right arse. Some of us aren't getting S#&$ no matter how much we farm.

It took me 4 days just to get a redirection. That was frustrating as all hell. It's taken me about three days just to get one neurode. I don't mind RNGs, but having map/faction based pools is better than this cesspool of crap we have now.

Edited by Tyroki

This game is not about farming.

Meanwhile, those who don't happen to be golden children are grinding missions to farm up stuff they need, and many aren't even getting anything of worth.

If you have good luck, please stop posting about your luck. It just makes you out to be a right arse. Some of us aren't getting S#&$ no matter how much we farm.

It took me 4 days just to get a redirection. That was frustrating as all hell. It's taken me about three days just to get one neurode. I don't mind RNGs, but having map/faction based pools is better than this cesspool of crap we have now.

It's not about luck it's about chance, and the patience to get what you want. I put in a good amount of time a week farming defense/boss missions. I've been one of the people to feel the fluaction in RNG where one day I'd get amazing stuff and the next I'd get bupkiss. I'm saying that people on here need to stop whining about the RNG system, when all-in-all it's not that bad. Honestly, I'd be radically surprised to see anyone on this forum, run pluto defense for more than 2 hours and not get a single rare drop. Will it be the one you want? maybe, maybe not, but that's where you have to take the time to actually learn some patience. Update 8 hasn't been out that long, and all your *@##&#036;ing about the RNG system since then has been ridiculous. The devs are well aware of whats going on, and rather than saying the game is bad and your gonna quit, is maybe just look at all these mods and items as something to earn rather than something that should be given to you.

I've been trying to pass around the fact that this game is still in it's early stages, there are a lot of problems that are going to occur during developement, there's going to be a lot of fixes, and there's going to be a lot of fixes that causes problems, primarily because of the fact that we can do SO MUCH in this game. Chill out, and if you don't like the drop system right now, maybe make a helpful suggestion, or message a DEV if it becomes a serious issue, and you know what, I'd bet more than anything the devs would give you helpful hints or suggestions to get around amazingly bad luck. If nothing else, give the game a break for a week or something, they're putting out hotfixes constantly, just log in once a day to get the log-in reward, which after a while starts to cycle potatos pretty frequently, and just wait until the next hotfix.

If you can't deal with that, then maybe try another game that can be everything warframe is and can be in the future, and lets see if it's F2P.

Final note: The DEvs aren't rigging the RNG system for your money (a common complaint seen almost everywhere around the forum), they just give the option to buy and contribute money as a way to fund the games developement. So instead of whining about the system, why not work with some RNG systems first, see why a 10% drop on flow on a defense mission where you get 12-18 drops easy makes the item far far less valuable, and then you'll realize why balancing takes time. Just chill out guys