Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lephantis Player Feedback To A Fun Boss

SwartJas

I have played several RPG's in my life, Warframe is in my top five. This is a positive feedback on the boss encounter itself.

Lephantis has been one of those bosses in Warframe that i have just been ignoring for some time. I have been disillusioned by assassination style missions as they Bosses don't feel like bosses. So I was pleasantly surprised with my Lephatis encounter. As of now he is my favorite boss.

I loved that the boss had different stages, I went into the encounter blind, with a partly ranked Hek and my trusty Vaykor marelok, and an unranked Prisma Skana. A few minutes in, i found the marelok to be the best and stuck with it for the rest of the fight.

The first stage was great, Took me a while to figure out which spots to shoot, but each head had a unique animation just before they would show their vulnerable. The scythe head had given me the most trouble at this stage because of the short window i had to shoot it. Stage two was epic. It reminded me of a Legend of Zelda boss I was gleeful the entire encounter, the first stage basically teaches you how to do the second stage.

Lephantis has does not have the bogus invincible stage, where they rain down damage on you , each head attack regularly and with each attack there is an opening. Whatever Lephantis is, this boss should be more standardized. DE has made some progress with boss design, but so far I find what they did here has been their best. 

In future it would be nice to see and infested style scyth like the one Lephantis uses, and not the short blade ones we use. it could also be nice if the Lehpantis heads, pop up during the journey too him and launch a few attacks at the player.

• 3 weeks later...