Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blue Material Drops On Boss: Not Good!

Marnus

Hello!

Trying to get my hand on some neurodes yesterday, I farmed the boss of earth, who is supposed to have a bigger drop rate and is my regular supplier since I began to play this marvellous game.

Only problem: since the update 8, the boss also drop blue components, and by doing this drastically diminish the probability of dropping their "special material".

The probability of looting those items were already low enough: the actual situation is problematic.

I don't know if this is a choice from the devs, or just the consequence of the addition of blue materials.

If is it is the second, there is a very simple way to correct that: Don't allow the boss to drop blue materials

Those blue materials are already perfectly "balanced", their rarity is just what is needed: this modification wouldn't impact their availability and would correct the "rare standard" material drop problems.

Thanks for reading,

Marnus

Edited by Marnus

Maybe they could give bosses the chance to drop multiple resource drops like how they can drop two mods now, and I'd be all up for tougher bosses creating Borderlands-esque lootsplosions on death

They does. I have both blue & orange mats from bosses very often.

They does. I have both blue & orange mats from bosses very often.

Then you're really lucky. As long as I remember, for me it's either one or the other.

+1 for you. I made this very same thread a few days ago. The blue mats are already not that rare that they need to be taking up that valuable spot on the boss loot tables.

Oops, sorry should have made a research first, but I had short time for post this ><

Edited by Marnus

You may say this now OP, but once you finally get in a clan that has enough rooms to build weapons, you'll change your tune.

The requirements for the new weapons are outrages,  don't ever pass up a new blue mat!

Edited by Spinner187

The boss dropping research materials doesn't lower the chance for it to drop rare material X, as far as I can tell from my own experience. I still get the rare materials just as often, sometimes coupled with a research material. I have only had a few boss fights that ended up without a normal/rare material drop since U8. Just as I did before.

You may say this now OP, but once you finally get in a clan that has enough rooms to build weapons, you'll change your tune.

The requirements for the new weapons are outrages,  don't ever pass up a new blue mat!

Well I'm in a clan with ~15 actives members and despite the fact that we don't have the oracle or any labs already, we have nearly 80% of the blue materials needed for at least 1 research :S

Maybe you just built everything too fast?

The boss dropping research materials doesn't lower the chance for it to drop rare material X, as far as I can tell from my own experience. I still get the rare materials just as often, sometimes coupled with a research material. I have only had a few boss fights that ended up without a normal/rare material drop since U8. Just as I did before.

Well so I'm extremely unlucky, because I farmed Hek something like 10 times and only got 1 neurode...

But I got blue materials tree quarters of the time (and yellow materials: ferrite, etc for the rest)

Edited by Marnus

• 2 weeks later...

Bosses dropping research materials does decrease their chance of dropping their "normal rare" material. Since both occupy the rare slot of the boss loot table. You getting them just as often unfortunately is irrelevant because of how random chance works, distribution of probability is going to end up on a bell shaped curve. Most people are going to end up seeing the desired effect of the change in probability and while they will see fewer of those normal rare materials they'll see about the new average that would be struck by those numbers. You have a portion of the community (myself included) that now have a very hard time farming the Morphics, Neurodes, Orokin Cells, things like that. 

I personally am okay with the bosses dropping research materials, we just need better ways to farm materials period. The common materials seem to be in a pretty good place right now other than maybe the actual drop amount but the rarer materials need either more sources at the currently lower drop rate, or their rate boosted.