Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Defense Leaderboard

sGs.salp

Until Vauban gets a nerf, I would say infested records will be meaningless (no offense to those who got high wave numbers on infested).

As far as the "lack of skill" comment, please try Corpus/Grineer if you think its so easy.

Until Vauban gets a nerf, I would say infested records will be meaningless (no offense to those who got high wave numbers on infested).

As far as the "lack of skill" comment, please try Corpus/Grineer if you think its so easy.

Corpus are just as easy as infested. Grineer are the only challenging defense and that's because you have to defend this HUGE GIGANTIC TOWER in the middle of an even larger wide open space with little cover.

Why don't we get these kind of leaderborads in the game?

PvE competition is one kind of endgame content we need. It gives all the items you unlocked so far a purpose and makes you try out new builds to get the best out of it.

Why don't we get these kind of leaderborads in the game?

PvE competition is one kind of endgame content we need. It gives all the items you unlocked so far a purpose and makes you try out new builds to get the best out of it.

We dont have this stuff because DE is focusing on fleshing out the game itself

Sorry for my absense Ophan, will update asap.

And to add another:

-sGs- Wave 120 - (update 8)

-Players: Aleborg, sGs.Apoc, Betally, sGs.salp

-Setup: Frost, Saryn, Nyx, Banshee

-Mission: Narcissus (Pluto)

-Exit Mission: Sucessful

-Time: 4H 30M (around, will get exact numbers soon, but max 1 or 2 minutes off)

-VOD: http://www.twitch.tv/sgs_salp/c/2425860 - Banshee PoV - sGs.salp

*Saryn PoV following after highlighting the vid

They need to do weekly challenges, like what clan can make it to the farthest wave using a specific setup on a specific mission.  Because making it far is not that special when you use a broken setup of warframes.

Edited by mindlessframe

Congrats on 120, sGs!

It's unfortunate that you're not accepting non-video proof of completion, however.
We reached Wave 100 on both Io Jupiter on 6/9 and Outer Terminus on 6/15 but apparently they never happened.

In any case, very smart idea to document these achievements.
Glad to see someone got around to setting up a leaderboard, no matter how it was set up.

Congrats on 120, sGs!

It's unfortunate that you're not accepting non-video proof of completion, however.

We reached Wave 100 on both Io Jupiter on 6/9 and Outer Terminus on 6/15 but apparently they never happened.

In any case, very smart idea to document these achievements.

Glad to see someone got around to setting up a leaderboard, no matter how it was set up.

Thanks. :-) I'm working on something different as well to replace this thread. Besides that, I have the hope that DE might start including things like this on the website (preferably with integration with the game client so videos are not "mandatory" anymore). ;-)

And about not accepting non-vid entries: before posting that, I had a long discussion about this with Gravefire (BSB clan, the guys that started this 'competition') and we agreed on that screenshots are too easily manipulated.

It's not that I don't believe you (or anyone else), but it's about making sure that the 'competition' is kept as fair as possible and that the chance of people stating "We reached wave 10.000 and here's a screenshot" remove all forms even grounds and fair play and replace it with photoshop/gimp skils.

Again, I'm absolutely not saying that you didn't do the runs or that you'd falsify information/screenshots, it's just an insurance to keep things fair. I am saying that others will cheat it, history proved that in a lot of games (or anything in the world actually).

But this is so pointless. Everyone knows that only a few Frames in this game allow you to get past Wave 60. So in the end it's about stable connection, no DCing and a log of patience and free time.

.... ever tried fighting level 500+ enemies? (wave 120 pluto results in lvl 900+ enemies)

All roads lead to Rome... Yes, there are mandatory frames (e.g. Frost for Grineer/Corpus), but besides that the rest is open for the creativity/likes of the players. E.g. that 120 run didn't have a Vauban or Trinity which most people see as mandatory and we always run a Banshee while hardly any other groups run her so far.

But let me reply to this by quoting the 1st post of this thread

FAQ

• But endless defense is dumb / no skill / only a stamina run / what ever.

This might not be your thing, feel dumb for you or what ever, but we happen to think it is fun for us at the moment.

Okay, so it's not your thing, I can live with that. You don't have to do it or join in, it's all up to yourself.

For most of the people doing this it comes down to this: this is the only end-game we found so far where it's actually worth forma'ing weapons 5 times for. The people from sGs running this all have mastery levels between 9 and 11, so grinding... Not that much to grind for left (or even nothing in the case of some).

If there was something like a difficulty changer where I could say "do this 'normal' mission, but add 300 levels to the enemies", I might do other things, but for now this is the only way to find challenging enemies in the game.

@DE, I'd love you forever if you add an option where you can just say how many levels you want on top of the 'normal' levels and no silly slider, just an input box where I can put in 100 or even 1.000 if I feel like it ;-)

Edited by sGs.salp

I like the idea of both, how far you can go in endless defense and how fast you can defeat a set amount of waves, so to Sideways; if you feel that going past a certain wave is just time consuming and a matter of connection issues, do speed clears. There is are many ways to enjoy this game. People like to push their limits, let them, it's for the sake of self reward.

The more game allows people to challenge each other and the game, the more people build competitive rivalries, and that's always a good thing.

@ DE- if you're going to make a leaderboard, please include speed clears to like wave 50, 100, 150. I think it would add some nice options for those who just do not have 6+ hours and would still like to have the nice competitive option. 

• 2 weeks later...

-Clan : under the lotus
-Neuro : Wave 45 (u8)
-Players : Hafeezo, Warlockvamp, Soul_ripper, Ahmednabawy
-Setup : Saryn , Saryn , Vauban , Vauban
-Mission : Callisto (jupiter)
-Exit : Mission failed  :S
-Time : N/A .. video started at wave 40 due to a piece of s**t  PC
-VOD

// Hafeezo POV Edited by Hafeezo

• 5 weeks later...