Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Critchance Mods Too Weak?

Mainabi

I was wondering why the Melee Critchance Mods are so extremly weak?

honestly 30% extra for 9 pts are almost nothing, on the dual zoren which is supposed to have a rly high critrate will have a critrate of 33-40% (depends on the data according the wikia or weaponsheet 25% vs 30%)

that's honestly nothing

and even then critchance mod for melee... well I won't use it on any weapons crit dmg sure, but not critchance

for an extra of 

1.5% up to 10% extra dmg (5% critchance melee up to dual zoren)

9 pts are pretty expensive.

I would say the critchance mod should go up to 150%) else I wouldn't see a reason to get any critchance mods on the melee, 

greetings Seira

33-40% Crit chance is really high. Combined with attack speed, youre bound to slash everything to mincemeat. I see no reason to increase it.

dual zoren, they attack each on 1 click not 3x like the fang 

also dual zoren has a base dmg of 15, which is extremly low, also you need to get into close range, almost point blank, any rifle can do better,

no melee can get close to what a rifle/secondary can except for no ammo usage. but getting in closerange you endanger yourself too much, leaving you into the open, though that would be fine if the dmg would be nice, 

but it isn't

I don't see why slashing melee are so weak. especially the critting. with crit you could make more different types of gameplay, crit or elemental, or raw dmg, but else crtichance are simply useless

33-40% Crit chance is really high. Combined with attack speed, youre bound to slash everything to mincemeat. I see no reason to increase it.

30% isn't added to base percentage, it's just a multiplier. So you add 30% mod to your base 5% and you get CRAZY 6%! THAT'S INSANE!

Agreed. Crit mods are horrible as it is now. I've raised the issue a few times and the community seems to think it doesn't need to be addressed.....

Dual Zorens, a unique weapon (dual axes), should have some use to them. I have maxed crit chance, fury, and damage on my zorens and it's so hit and miss I don't even know why I bothered. (more miss than hit)

Crit mods NEED to be fixed so it's a viable build option.

+1 to the OP

It's not only about that mod, meele combat int this game is gimped. Meele combat suposed to be more devastating than any ranged atack coz it's fkn MEELE u need to be close to ur enemy, receiving damage from them, pursuting them and ETC hard work to land a single HIT compared to ranged fight.

What about this mod:

99% of meele weapons have 2,5% crit chance

30% mod gives us 0,75% crit chance, with 150% base crit damage = 0,375% DPS boost for 9 slots.

Dont know how for u guys but for me there is no difference beetween 0 & 0,375.

And this is not the only one useless mod for meele weapons: Shoking Touch(5% per lvl of element that useles vs Infested? Rly? Devs think we gona chase crewmens to aim their heads with Scido?), Organ Shater(only Zoren have benefits from it and anyway it's to low).

What should be changed? I say what:

1) All % mods on meele weapons should have more gain per LVL vs their counter part on Pistols & Rifels.

2) Increase crit chance of all mele weapons with lowest one 10%.

3) Make light infested more tough

Edited by Keetsune

and the guns have multishot which gives you the chance to crit x2 or x3 extra

i'm not asking to make melee op, just give a reason to even use melee besides knifedashing and some staggering (but bolt weapons also stagger so not a real reason)

Even 150% is nothing for any weapon except Zoren.

that also means some weapons should get a critchance boost but only the weapons that already have a decent critchance (for example reaper prime)