Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Even Have Armor Ignoring?

Annnoth

This may seem like a post complaining about it, in a way I am but I'm all for armor ignoring.

Why have it when enemies still take reduced damage from armor ignoring weapons? I've played many games where I'm fighting bosses or large numbers of grineer. On the grineer it work as intended, ignoring armor. But there are certain grineer who defy the rules of ignoring armor and take half damage from the shots either way. why? Heck if I know...

Bosses are the same, I was fighting krill and thought "this boltor would be useful on him!" *craft* 1 day later I find out I just wasted 2 nerodes on an instant stunlock device that runs on ammo. Brilliant!

I am definitely a little annoyed at that, when I get something that ignores armor I expect it to ignore armor. What's causing the bolts to do less damage? their desire to not follow the rules? the developers forgetting to code armor ignoring on certain enemies?

I'm fairly sure the boltor deals full damage to kril still.

It's just kril is immune to damage at the start of the fight, you have to break the pack on his back and freeze him before he takes damage.

Armour ignoring weapons ignore armour, snipetron, paris, boltor all prove this point.

The armour pen mod doesn't actually increase armour penetrating damage, it adds a 4th element which ignores armour.

Some enemies take reduced damage from everything. Seekers, for instance, take half damage from everything unless it's a headshot. Even armor piercing. I think Chargers have some innate armor piercing resistance too.

Shifting gears for a second. The forma. When you use one on your war frame do you keep or lose all your energy points?

huh?

As in your max energy, as increased per level?

Yes, you go back to level 0, just like when you first got the warframe, but with an extra polarity slot.

Also... what the frick does that have to do with armour pen?

Make your own thread.

Edited by NotaCobra