Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Euthyphro's Dilemma

Institute-Marksman

So since I'm basically a nihilist, does that mean murder is right?

I think murder is completely wrong, but Islam doesn't tell if it's right or wrong. We have to decide that for ourselves.

Was surprised to see this thread again...

Where you people find these dusty things?

I spend too much time on the forums >.>

-Islamic snip-

People tend to bend religion to their whim, or in this case find that religion can excuse a lot of things. Meaning you'll find a way to excuse a great many things, simply by interpreting things otherwise.

Your personal beliefs don't bother me. What you believe in is completely your choice. But what does bother me is when people find a way of making the deaths of others 'neccesary'. You have your truth, I have my truth, everyone has their truth, and usually you share that truth with others. But sometimes, some truths can be so close, yet so far apart.

To kill, you only need the right motivation. Fortunately for most of us, we never get that motivation.

On 18/02/2016 at 1:13 PM, Institute-Marksman said:

People tend to bend religion to their whim, or in this case find that religion can excuse a lot of things. Meaning you'll find a way to excuse a great many things, simply by interpreting things otherwise.

Your personal beliefs don't bother me. What you believe in is completely your choice. But what does bother me is when people find a way of making the deaths of others 'neccesary'. You have your truth, I have my truth, everyone has their truth, and usually you share that truth with others. But sometimes, some truths can be so close, yet so far apart.

To kill, you only need the right motivation. Fortunately for most of us, we never get that motivation.

True, you make good point. Not everyone will agree with each other, that's how the world works. Am fine with that, how long we don't threaten each other about death. I got friends who believe in other religions and some of them don't, but we still get along, and just don't act one of us right. I think people can get along, but most problem is that they let their pride get in the way.

Edit: I was thinking about my previous statement, and it was wrong. Murder is considered wrong. When someone breaks the law of the country. They tend to get punished, and if the person shows change in behaviour, they tend to be forgiven. So yah...

And for the ISIS situation, well they compeletly contridicating the Quran and Hadith. What they doing isn't act of a Muslim, but rather for political and war reasons. To make this worse, people who don't know much about Islam, they tend to listen to the news (they stir S#&$ up). Rather doing any research for themselves. The one thing I hate in people the most is IGNORANCES. It just annoys -.-

Edited by Ibro156
Better Explanation

Is this a question of the legitimacy of morality?

Much of morality comes from human creations to cope with society due to our ability communicate in ways that other species can't.

Does morality matter? This is a question that comes a lot, Capitalism vs. Communism, you name it.

The point is, what makes us happy? Does it matter if we actually have the freedom of thought?

Recent psychology is showing that we are much more influenced than actually personally developed. Our freedom of choice and decision is actually must lower than we think it is. We're all influenced by either genetic, environmental, or cultural factors.

With all these limits placed on us, why should we care anymore? Just do what we think is right, try to enjoy life, and not worry about our biological restraints. We aren't omni-something... so let's just live life and browse dank memes.

On 23/02/2016 at 1:32 PM, Rorgal_Sina said:

Is this a question of the legitimacy of morality?

Much of morality comes from human creations to cope with society due to our ability communicate in ways that other species can't.

Does morality matter? This is a question that comes a lot, Capitalism vs. Communism, you name it.

The point is, what makes us happy? Does it matter if we actually have the freedom of thought?

Recent psychology is showing that we are much more influenced than actually personally developed. Our freedom of choice and decision is actually must lower than we think it is. We're all influenced by either genetic, environmental, or cultural factors.

With all these limits placed on us, why should we care anymore? Just do what we think is right, try to enjoy life, and not worry about our biological restraints. We aren't omni-something... so let's just live life and browse dank memes.

That's fascinating (If you can link me any information you can find, please ^.^). Yah, religion is there to be a choice. But what am more worried about is that when people are being raised into religion, they don't have much of a choice for themselves. If they want to change religion, or leave religion behind them. They would probably get big amount of backlash for it. As a Muslim, I've seen some families that let they're kids do what they wish to do when they're become adults, while others would give them a hard time for it.  If I decided to have kids, I would give them a chance to experience what its like not being a Muslim for for a bit, because I was taught it can't be forced upon a person. They have to accept it. This is what am most worried about :/

Edited by Ibro156