Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Price of Platinum makes me spend less.

ttv_Typical_Tilly

I wasn't sure which thread to put this in. I have spent $20 USD on this game which basically got me 1 warframe and a refill on revives. That is a bit rediculous. I would be more inclined to spend more if the frames were much cheaper. I eventually wanted MAG, Ember, and Trinity but I am NOT paying more than a pay game just for frames. If I unlock everything I want through real money than I will have spent over $100 on this game and well, for something as repetative as this that just isn't worth it. I pay $60 for a Triple A title with a gripping story and vast environments ect. ect. I understand this is a beta and there are hopes to make the game more but I would be much more inclined to spend around $60 in platinum if the frames were cheaper and more reasonable. Weapons should be around $2.50 and frames a max of $8. And add more incriments at which you can buy platinum. There should be a $20 buy on it. I understand the marketing strategies of making the amounts weird so that you have left over and buy more but now I am currently grinding the mats to make Ember and MAG instead of just buying them. So you lost money from me because you wanted so much for them. I would love to support this game in hopes of it becoming so much more. Shoot I'm already ready for a Warframe 2 in an open world I can explore with friends. Keep expanding and making the game more and I'll keep playing. As for buying instead of crafting, well.... you see my thoughts.

-CL1CKS

Yeah, the point of this game is to grind for parts, affinity (xp) and mods and using all of your platinum to buy things is kinda making the game kinda pointless. Sure, maybe spending a little monies is pretty good; that way it can help get you started off and hopefully hooked on the game.

Or... at least that's my view on the game. It kinda gives it that arcade-y feeling to it, you know?

What stops me from spending Platinum is the lack of stuff I want.

I am looking for customizations and fine none. I want particle effects, an expanded colour palette (the current one is barely an upgrade - 50 shades of washed out pastels are hardly better than 10.), skins, different shapes, alternate looks for my abilities, the ability to colour the trail of my Rhino charge, decals, etc.

Ain't there. Ain't gonna spend Platinum.

What stops me from spending Platinum is the lack of stuff I want.

I am looking for customizations and fine none. I want particle effects, an expanded colour palette (the current one is barely an upgrade - 50 shades of washed out pastels are hardly better than 10.), skins, different shapes, alternate looks for my abilities, the ability to colour the trail of my Rhino charge, decals, etc.

Ain't there. Ain't gonna spend Platinum.

HAHA, Wiar said that there's no reason to save up platinum! ...I think.

And yeah, I sure do hope they're going to release some re-skins soon. I also hope this doesn't turn into League of Tenno.

(draven warframe plz)

Ey, ah, I know this thread is three days stagnant, but I'd just like to point out that I'm glad the exchange rate for Credits and Platinum is so bad for Platinum. There's no fun in the game if you can just spend $10 and get everything immediately. Sure you can grind the level ups, but where's the satisfaction in getting the parts by just giving money?

I just think the cost of platinum is too high. They can at least just lower how much platinum is needed to purchase items. I doubt anything is going to change though. I think that you should be able to get small amounts of platinum randomly in you daily rewards. It can be very rare but at least there is something that will make you want to login and play everyday just to make sure you don't miss that rare chance.It kinda just gives you hope for something that probably wont happen.Like a lottery almost. People will still buy platinum and less people will start playing more. They do the same thing with that facebook game ninja saga and I swear I got so addicted to it at one point because I knew that if I logged in today there is a small chance I mite win these tokens which is that games version of platinum. The chances I would get tokens for the daily reward are so small but I would still login and play everyday. They only lose a small amount of cash that we probably wouldn't have spent anyway and we start playing more.

Bought 30 bucks worth of plat, this is all I'll probably ever need for the rest of the game.

Kids, you don't need any platinum to play the game like the rest of us. Infact, I think it'd be much more fun if there wasn't a shortcut to get these things, and they're keeping the rate like this to DISCOURAGE using shortcuts.

I personally don't spend Platinum on anything other than catalysts and the color palette increase. Frames and the like are better farmed for blueprints. Occasionally, spending the 50 platinum to rush a warframe craft is justified if it's one i really want because i work most of the week and a full day of grinding is only viable on weekends. Even then, i don't wanna be a bum and sit in front of my PC. So spending platinum in this game's only really a time saver.

Edited by jaywalker
Removed insulting quote