Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strict Nat Situation

Duskdrakon

I've been playing Warframe for a while now and my internet here is always been from a cell phone company. The company was bought out so we were switched to the new company with new phones and new internet service. Every since that switch Warframe has given me a Strict Nat. First with just the Internet card in the computer, then with a router that we need for other devices. I've tried everything I can look up to try and fix this problem but nothing worked.

So I decided to just go with it since I didn't know what to do and other games I've played gave me no problems. 

Then comes along another game and I now get a Strict Nat situation with this new game. So I go back to trying to fix it with Warframe and again hit the same thing.

I have looked where I could on the forums here but no luck there either so I'm making this. Is anyone else having problems with At&t internet service giving Strict Nat and/or with a Mofi network router?

Even if you have a strict NAT, you can play with others thanks to the work Glen did a bit ago.

Not necessarily, the work Glen did was to create a proxy server system that allowed strict NAT users to run through a proxy server that in turn had a better chance of connecting to a host. The proxies are not perfect and draw much higher bandwidth to operate. I don't know if this is true for PC, but on console using a proxy server to connect in a raid environment often causes mass crashing too, so I assume that the proxies aren't capable of running the raids either.

Resetting your router can temporarily improve NAT, and better routers will periodically refresh there NAT to keep it in the optimal setting, however cheaper routers, like provided ones generally don't. Using a wired connection can also strengthen your connection, if that's an option I recommend doing it.

I used to have AT&T as my service 'provider' - absolutely nothing I could do would make Warframe work correctly. Even wired directly to the wall with just the modem and a PC (no router, all firewalls off) would still give strict NAT. I actually had to quit playing because it was so bad until I was able to get a new ISP. AT&T's uploads also tend to be abysmally low (under half a meg) so if you ever end up as the host everyone else will be lagging horribly.

Not necessarily, the work Glen did was to create a proxy server system that allowed strict NAT users to run through a proxy server that in turn had a better chance of connecting to a host. The proxies are not perfect and draw much higher bandwidth to operate. I don't know if this is true for PC, but on console using a proxy server to connect in a raid environment often causes mass crashing too, so I assume that the proxies aren't capable of running the raids either.

Resetting your router can temporarily improve NAT, and better routers will periodically refresh there NAT to keep it in the optimal setting, however cheaper routers, like provided ones generally don't. Using a wired connection can also strengthen your connection, if that's an option I recommend doing it.

Well the OP isn't on console. I have a strict NAT, and have never had an issue with connecting to hosts ever since the proxy server was implemented. This includes my playing raids. I very rarely host though, and would never even attempt to host a raid.

As long as you host as little as possible, you should be fine playing with a strict NAT on pc.

Well the OP isn't on console. I have a strict NAT, and have never had an issue with connecting to hosts ever since the proxy server was implemented. This includes my playing raids. I very rarely host though, and would never even attempt to host a raid.

As long as you host as little as possible, you should be fine playing with a strict NAT on pc.

I'm aware OP isn't on console. I stated that that's how the proxy servers work on console due to the fact I haven't been raiding on my PC account so I haven't had a chance to test if it works the same. However the main points stand that a proxy is not a sure fix solution, it may help in some circumstances but not all, and the best solution is to find a way to fix your own NAT so you don't have to rely on them.

I used to have AT&T as my service 'provider' - absolutely nothing I could do would make Warframe work correctly. Even wired directly to the wall with just the modem and a PC (no router, all firewalls off) would still give strict NAT. I actually had to quit playing because it was so bad until I was able to get a new ISP. AT&T's uploads also tend to be abysmally low (under half a meg) so if you ever end up as the host everyone else will be lagging horribly.

Unless you had a lot of people simultaneously using your connection than that is the fault of the modem.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen