The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Absolute Best Melee Mods For Exalted Blade?

(PSN)Hayabusa_3-17

Question

Anyone know of the best combination of melee mods? I currently use D.Nikana for my Excalibur my mods are as follows

Pressure Point, Fury, Berserker, Primed Reach, Life Strike (Utility purpose) and x3 90% Elemental Mods

I've been thinking of swapping either Primed Reach or one elemental mod for True Steel/Organ Shatter.

Please help Excalibro pros!

13 answers to this question

You're pretty much there. I would get rid of Primed Reach and one elemental, toss in True Steel/Organ Shatter to synergize with zerk.  Maybe leave the elemental instead of organ shatter?  iirc, they're really close to where it's pretty much personal preference.  You didn't mention your life strike rank - unranked is probably the best way to go for your setup.

For the thing that shoots energy waves that count as a melee attack across the whole map? :p

For EB itself I'd say no.  I can see your point though, as you said you're using the Dragon Nikana, and yeah, that's what I use and the range is just garbage.  The way I get around that is spamming Radial Blind - I actually really only use EB for wiping a map of Infested (invasions, that sort of thing), so I'm pretty constantly using the Dragon Nikana.  But with RB, who cares how close you are when they're just standing there incapacitated?  Blind -> slide attack with a build focused totally on damage is how I deal with trash, and Blind -> 88000 damage finisher is how I deal with the heavies.

EB makes all this even easier, just slide attack on your approach and you get a mini-RB.  Toss a couple energy waves in their general direction and then stand there wondering where all the enemies went.

I replaced Primed Reach with True Steel and the improvement on Berserker procs is noticeable

Replacing the 3rd Element with Organ Shatter though is not worth it just as you said. It feels too inconsistent compared to the 3rd Elemental Mod

I might play around with Exchanging True Steel for Organ Shatter but so far I think I've found my build. Thanks for the help!

You might wanna change the d nikana with a sword-type weapon to reap the 10% dmg bonus.

For the mods: raw damage, speed, elemental damage. The base is split equally between the 3 physical damage types so modding for them is kinda useless.

Life strike is possible as well, definitly worth a spot.

Range only affects the hit-ratio, not the waves, kinda useless as well.

Not sure about krit mods, the base is pretty low to my knowing...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Personally, I'd replace Fury with True Steel so that I'd have a more consistent Berserker buff (as opposed to a decent speed by default but a rather unimpressive chance for Zerker to proc).

Also, if you're planning on primarily using waves as opposed to actually closing distances, then get rid of Primed Reach. It doesn't affect waves at all.

(Keep in mind, though, that Primed Reach can let you deal disgusting amounts of close-ranged damage. To my understanding, the larger swing hitbox means that you can more easily hit an enemy with both a sword swing and the resulting wave in a single button press, nearly doubling your damage at close range.)

Edited by SortaRandom

You might wanna change the d nikana with a sword-type weapon to reap the 10% dmg bonus.

For the mods: raw damage, speed, elemental damage. The base is split equally between the 3 physical damage types so modding for them is kinda useless.

Life strike is possible as well, definitly worth a spot.

Range only affects the hit-ratio, not the waves, kinda useless as well.

Not sure about krit mods, the base is pretty low to my knowing...

It's my understanding that the 10% damage passive is triggered by swords, dual swords and nikanas

The passive applies to swords, dual swords, and nikanas.

BUT:

It's my understanding that the 10% damage passive is triggered by swords, dual swords and nikanas

It's worth noting that Exalted Blade is already classified as a Longsword in the game's files. It will get the passive 10% damage and 10% speed regardless of what melee type you have equipped.

The passive applies to swords, dual swords, and nikanas.

BUT:

It's worth noting that Exalted Blade is already classified as a Longsword in the game's files. It will get the passive 10% damage and 10% speed regardless of what melee type you have equipped.

Is this true?