Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fallout 4 Is Awesome In Gameplay But....

Kai_Shiba

Started to notice flaws after my first playthrough, when I started interacting with the Brotherhood of Steel and Danse. (Without shooting them on sight. Shooting vertibirds with an RPG is fun!)

I HATE them.

And the only way to show that hate is to kill them I did not see a single dialogue option to tell the Elder to "F*** off".

And when Danse told me his sob story I did not have a chance to just tell him to shut up during that story. What dialogue choice I thought was going to do that was delivered with the might and the fury of a 13 year old schoolgirl worried about Danses feelings. I DO NOT wish to call ANYONE "sir" that's not what my character would do.

But it didn't feel like I was playing MY character anyway but Bethesdas Nora. It felt more like Farcry than Fallout which just felt like a failure in and of itself.

I yearn for a way to tell these people to go **** themselves with something other than a Fatman.

I also heavily dislike that your stats and perks do not matter in dialogue. For example you no longer get an extra option created by the Black Widow perk. Also Game balance is just bad. Bleed dmg is overpowered at all difficulty levels and Power Armor simply negates your need to put points into STR and END unless you want perks. Crits are either Stealth or VATS only which annoys me.

But I did get 104 hours of enjoyment out of it because the world and environmental storytelling were really great and the act of exploration was fun and engaging! Gunplay was also good after you fix X-Y axis speeds and turn off mouse acceleration from the ini. I was just hoping more RPG and less shooter which is currently preventing me from continuing on and getting my 1000+ hours of enjoyment which I usually get from Bethesdas open world games.

I guess I'll wait for DLCs and mods to see what happens.

Edited by Ziegrif

Started to notice flaws after my first playthrough, when I started interacting with the Brotherhood of Steel and Danse. (Without shooting them on sight. Shooting vertibirds with an RPG is fun!)

I HATE them.

And the only way to show that hate is to kill them I did not see a single dialogue option to tell the Elder to "F*** off".

And when Danse told me his sob story I did not have a chance to just tell him to shut up during that story. What dialogue choice I thought was going to do that was delivered with the might and the fury of a 13 year old schoolgirl worried about Danses feelings.

It didn't feel like I was playing MY character but Bethesdas Nora. It felt more like Farcry than Fallout which just felt like a failure in and of itself.

I yearn for a way to tell these people to go **** themselves with something other than a Fatman.

I also heavily dislike that your stats and perks do not matter in dialogue. For example you no longer get an extra option created by the Black Widow perk. Also Game balance is just bad. Bleed dmg is overpowered at all difficulty levels and Power Armor simply negates your need to put points into STR and END unless you want perks. Crits are either Stealth or VATS only which annoys me.

But I did get 104 hours of enjoyment out of it because the world and environmental storytelling were really great and the act of exploration was fun and engaging! Gunplay was also good after you fix X-Y axis speeds and turn off mouse acceleration from the ini. I was just hoping more RPG and less shooter which is currently preventing me from continuing on and getting my 1000+ hours of enjoyment which I usually get from Bethesdas open world games.

I guess I'll wait for DLCs and mods to see what happens.

wait till it becomes another Doom/Wolfenstein with Fallout labelled on it.

Another thing I'd like to add. Every best fallout game was NOT made by Bethesda but another company. Which is pretty sad.

Hope you keep that as an opinion and not a fact. I'm not trying to be a fanboy but the term "best" is pretty hard to use to enforce an opinion to fact.

I had more fun in FO3 than in NV and I have played 4 for a total of 60 hours the past month, that's the same amount of time I played NV since I played it last year and that's with mod.

Hope you keep that as an opinion and not a fact. I'm not trying to be a fanboy but the term "best" is pretty hard to use to enforce an opinion to fact.

I had more fun in FO3 than in NV and I have played 4 for a total of 60 hours the past month, that's the same amount of time I played NV since I played it last year and that's with mod.

True it is my opinion, and its your opinion as well. But I meant it as in terms of what makes it a Fallout game. 1+2 and NV were undoubtedly the top ranks of a Fallout game. Fallout 3 still did limit you on options compared to NV.

While FO3 does have an atmospheric plane and its pros, if you put FO3 and NV side by side, NV will really take the whole chocolate cake while FO3 gets a slice of it.

I can link a post to why NV is in terms better as a Fallout title than FO3 if ya want.

But hey, if you like that tea better than the other one by all means drink it. o3o

*shrugs*
I loved it. 

I admit it has its faults but I'm not too attached to older Fallout games to dislike the game just because of what it isn't. I enjoyed the gameplay, I liked the story (well that is to say it's a decent plot in a Bethesda game which is already more than I expected), I liked the crafting system (settlements could use some more work though, kinda clunky) and I loved the companions (admittedly not all of them but still it's a lot better than what I expected)

I'll be looking forward to DLCs, knowing how the previous games changed after their DLCs came out. In particular, hoping they a)expand on the ending like they did with Broken Steel for 3 (although the fact that the base game ending is lacking and is somehow even worse than F3's is still just absurd, one thing that I actually hated in 4) and b)involve the companions in the new content - I'd love to be able to bring them into DLC content and see them interact with it, would be a shame if they end up left out like in previous games especially now that they're more fleshed out than they ever were.

also, more NPCs need to be able to say my character's name, dammit

I just play games.

Nah i don't judge based on nostalgia, that's just unfair.

*Begins to list the downfall of Spyro

*Begins to list the downfall of Crash Bandicoot

*Begins to say Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts

*Begins to say Sonic 06 and Sonic: ryse of lyric

But as you say, its unfair right?

I'm not even talking about nostalgia.

Edited by KJRenz

To be specific some(most) people judge games based on their predecessors, which is weird.

I'm just poking fun at those people.

True dat. I maybe slightly biased towards FO4 but the horrible dialogue is saddening.

To be specific some(most) people judge games based on their predecessors, which is weird.

I'm just poking fun at those people.

Because in reality, some of those games were better than their later titles, they are in the right mind to judge titles that just degrade itself on later releases. (I'm looking at you, Banjo kazooie, I'm looking at you)

Well, yeah. You can't really bash an old game by judging it by todays standards, if it holds up compared to the opposition at the time it is still a good game. Nostalgia isn't always a bad thing, most of the time we have it because something was good, I played some incredibly crap games in the past, and I have no nostalgic feelings for them because they were bad by the times standards.

A lot of series that were good also didn't survive the transitions to newer tech eg Sonic. That's because they were the best going off what was available at the time, some devs need to realize when a series time is up, not everything can be converted using todays tech.

True dat. I maybe slightly biased towards FO4 but the horrible dialogue is saddening.

Ladies and gentleman! What, as we of Bethesda, going to do for a game that you all have waited for for 7 years?!

Absolutely destroy the RPG aspects in the game and streamline it!

tumblr_mx1ksfuz6m1sk0enuo1_250.gif

Edited by KJRenz