Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about wall run everyone?

Dark_Sector

Yeah, the idea sounds cool - though it can be problematic. I mean they are working on limited budget, but if you help them they might be able to put in a few hours extra to add somehitng like this. Last I heard they needed translators for Korean and Jappanese version of the game, a miracle might happen. *KA-CHING* ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBYJdZlpBT4 )

humnn would be interesting indeed but game controls still need a lil working before reach this point

Yeah,i know that,but i think they need to replace the jump option with jump + this wall run when character near the wall or another object,why that? cause this game still not very action when it tilte is something like "space ninja"

there are missions that you see some protective fence on the stairs, it would be interesting for the Jump to works like "jumping over" when you're too close to some object that isnt too high instead of the normal jump, those sort of adjustment should come before the 'wall jump', maybe it would come with some sort of new ability?

• 5 weeks later...

Wall run could be very fun and helpful in certain rare instances.

Like running across a wall to get more distance over a chasm.

Or to get over a horde of enemies blocking a coridoor.

There are parts of ninja giaden games where wall run saves your rear.

Besides from my view Warfarme has a certain "trickster" vibe to it.

Where some of what you do is because its the smartest choice and some of what you do is for style.

Edited by Ronyn

*S4 League music blares at full volume*

Nope, not going there.

Wall run may look epic, but what's the point?

You were a vertical moving target, now you're horizontal.

Easier to hit if you ask me.

yes but wallrunning and the simple fact you could use you're sword will actually adds more unique feature to the game !

Totally support this! I was talking with a friend about this today. Imagine all 4 players running on the wall at once! The run doesnt have to be a long one, just a short run on the wall like a few steps is fine already!

yeah, like sliding or flip jump... i didn't do it to avoid firefight but use it to get in elevator and bragging about it awesomeness.

wall run, wall jump, emotion action is a 'must' for space ninja!

GunZ has some amazing gameplay. Wall run and wall jumping in Warframe would definitely complement the action theme, imo, as long as you don't have animation locked when wall running and you can cancel it smoothly. It will make you feel like a true ninja. Blocking and parrying also are a must XD. I feel like sometimes you see the enemies charging a move and you can only run away in the other direction. Not sure if tumbling helps you avoid knockdown from a Red Moa charge attack, but if I could jump towards the wall and hang there with my sword all the while shooting my pistol at the enemies - that would be so sweet. And then I could even release and do melee air attack to knock the enemies down. Hehe.

Edited by Stygi

It sounds great and all, but for one it would largely make the Excalibur's Power Jump redundant. Also, for now we are simply facing AI opponents so running on walls will do nothing to impair their aim. Adding wall running, if ever, will most likely come much later. I'm sure the devs are much more concentrated on adding and tuning content.

How useful wall run will be largely depend on AI aiming system. If they're highly accurate in all situation then making yourself a horizontal target is ....meh. However, if there is a damage reduction associated with the movement then it'll be useful.

Also, it should be a feature among 'lighter' frames. A Rhino on the wall would be a bit funny.