Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

{Suggestion} Increase Draw Distance

KuramaKitsune

on average the game takes up about 519MB of my GPU's ram

for Fks sake, this is NOT some S#&$ console game, 

the basic MINIMUM gpu memory used now is 2GB

PLEASE let more of the levels load up

i HATE SEEING textures LOAD IN while i play

you see this a lot when you walk while iron sighting.

Terribly optimized? You must have pretty bad PC specs. I've had the game maxed since I started playing a few months back and it has run without a hitch up until today when I started playing "Online" with randoms. Then it starts to get laggy(obvious reasons why).

Also, draw distance is fine. The areas are not large enough to warrant an increase in it. I can't recall this ever happening to me midgame. Warframe loads everything ahead of time for me.

Edited by Zepheros

on average the game takes up about 519MB of my GPU's ram

for Fks sake, this is NOT some S#&$ console game, 

the basic MINIMUM gpu memory used now is 2GB

PLEASE let more of the levels load up

i HATE SEEING textures LOAD IN while i play

you see this a lot when you walk while iron sighting.

The mad is strong in this one.

Really? Terrible optimization? I would say very good optimization. I am running this game with a stable 20-25 fps on an integrated graphics card. The graphics are not too bad. I am sure they will add in more features and improve the evolution engine but it is a lie to terrible optimization.

Turn off DOF

my dof is off, everything else is on,

i personally just hate the dof,

i like to be able to see clearly the whole stretch of my screen, 

easier to find targets in the back  ect

the dof should have a slide bar, i just think its a tad Too powerful here

i really just think that in this day and age, with the power of our hardware where it is,

a brand spankin new game like this 

should 

no load times due to even the standard hdd's having read speeds sequential of up to 140MB/s and ssd;s of 550MB/s

or one initial loading time, and USE the danm RAM avalable, 

granted,  those settings can be reserved for over powered systems like mine, 

but im just convaying the idea that,  if you have like whatever 4 video cards that have like 4 GB gddr5  and like a4 core 4 thread or more cpu at like 4GHz with 8    16 or 32GB high speed ram    

this is a PC game,   the system is capable of handling more than what this beta software is tossing at it currently, 

and my idea is that it  at least, with the proper settings , 

in some cases of good pc's  be set to allow higher ammounts of draw and or more use of ram

not just to increase visual fidelity or texture resources,

but maybe,

just maybe

pre loading up an ENTIRE room by the time you step foot inside it,

or even the NEXT room gets ready as you get within half way to the door of the last room or something

the GRAND point is,

the player should NEVER have to experience the sight in this day and age of texture pop or opening a door and seeing the room load

or on LARGE out door area ,

having the OPTION for high memory usage,  

so that as a SNIPER SCOPE can actually see all the way across the map in the same quality with out having it need to load

or having the game flip textures to a better model as the system looks at it and when you walk farther away   using that good old trick to save resources 

we have the technology  

we can rebuild the engine

we can make it better

faster

stronger than it was before/////

they dont need to use time honored and OLD tricks to save computing power,  

at least for those of us that arnt running off of integrated cpu/gpu  laptops ect 

I'm unclear on what the texture memory requirements are for each tier. Does anyone know low to high what the memory of your GPU should be? I have a 560ti with 1gb VRAM and I run highest texture memory. Everything runs great but i want to know what it equates to.

Ex:

Low - 256mb

Med - 512mb

High - 1gb and above

Anyone know??@

Terribly optimized? You must have pretty bad PC specs. I've had the game maxed since I started playing a few months back and it has run without a hitch up until today when I started playing "Online" with randoms. Then it starts to get laggy(obvious reasons why).

Also, draw distance is fine. The areas are not large enough to warrant an increase in it. I can't recall this ever happening to me midgame. Warframe loads everything ahead of time for me.

My PC is good. I've been playing metro last light on it on high settings at a solid 50 FPS. I just host a lot of games since my internet is the best and that's where it craps all over itself.