The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Gamemodes] More Dark Sector In Warframe: Highjack 2.0 And Playing As Grineer

Captain_Fronk

There are some really fun things in Dark Sector that we could've had in Warframe.

1) In dark Sector there was this Jackal sequence where you could RIDE it. Why not implement it in Warframe in some form?Jackal.png

Gameplay here:

https://youtu.be/NYpiQvchg2A?t=13m26s

I guess you can call it Highjack 2.0:

-Infiltrate the Corpus facility

-hack the prototype of this walking beast

-the one who hacked it gets in,takes direct control of it (I mean it's not that hard, wasd to move, LMB/RMB to fire) and moves it to the exit, exterminating increasingly difficult waves of enemies coming from all sides

-once the gate console is hacked - doors are open and everyone heads to the extraction zone, defending the Jackal

Mission is failed if Jackal is destroyed.

This way highjack missions would definitely become one of my new favourite types of missions in Warframe.

2) VERSUS gamemode.

Playing as a Grineer soldier (hacked, obviously) against Tennos.

monsterschibi_zps41e6e7c2.jpg

This gamemode would surely require a lot of work. But it's definitely worth discussing.

In Dark Sector you could play as a regular soldier against Hayden Tenno. Actually it was MANY soldiers against ONE Tenno but yeah, it still sounds so much fun if we take it to Warframe universe. Of course it's unbalanced since we all know that one Tenno is capable of destroying entire armies of Grineer soldiers. And that's where SCALING comes in. Your (Grineer) level could be based on Tenno's overall rank of equipment and so it would scale accordingly increasing your chances of being victorious.

So how could it be implemented?

For example:

Dark Souls style (I'm sure it's been suggested millions of times already) aka invading other players games and taking control of Grineer soldiers. Read as "some kind of DIRECTOR MODE". Surely it could bring a lot more tactical depth to Warframe gameplay for those looking for it. Commanding Grineer squads, deploying various special units to stop Tenno from completing their mission etc etc.

Of course it sounds complicated enough but DE already have this game gamemode (a bit more simple but still) in Dark Sector so why not give it a try. Such new refreshing experience will surely find its own fans. Basically it's like commanding a ship full of Grineer soldiers against one-four tenno soldiers. Chances are more or less equal for both sides. Especially if there are more than 1 player commanding Grineer troops.

Thing worth mentioning is that not only players could take command of ordinary grineer troopers but also GRINEER BOSSES, finally making it CHALLENGING and fun for everyone.

So yeah, tell me what you think and thanks for attention.

Edited by Captain_Fronk

1) In dark Sector there was this Jackal sequence where you could RIDE it. Why not implement it in Warframe in some form?

The main reason, I believe, is because in Warframe, that would be a downgrade, whereas in Dark Sector it was an upgrade. Dark Sector's Jackal is way stronger than Hayden, whereas we, the Tenno, are stronger than Warframe's Jackal.

That said, your Hijack suggestion sounds really fun. Not too sure about the "playing as Grineer" one, though.