The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Friend And I Have 1,000 Hours Combined And Still Don't Know What To Do To Enjoy The Game.

Yz-Prime

Question

We really love the gameplay behind Warframe - all the gunplay, different frames and abilities and such, but we're at the point where we don't know what we're even meant to do apart from grinding the void for the 2millionth time searching for a different Prime piece. Are we just missing out on something, or are we really just linearly searching for new Warframes as they come out, new Prime pieces on the void and trying to max our mastery? Please tell me there's more.

The amount of fun you can have in this game is only limited by your creativity. Go troll people by bringing on a 6-forma mk1 braton and a similarly decked out skana and excalibur to boot.

Or, be the resident reviver. Just make sure to teabag them before you revive. They get pissed? So what? As long as you're having fun. You're not obligated to anyone, any meta etc. 

1000 hrs combined means around 20 days of time spent each player.. You have an HUGE amount of things to do on Warframe, basically you just started the game lol

PS: my clan recruitment standard is 20 days spent at very least, just saying about the amount of time needed on this game to be a decent player

Edited by (PS4)KrakenUnchained

1000 hrs combined means around 20 days of time spent each player.. You have an HUGE amount of things to do on Warframe, basically you just started the game lol

PS: my clan recruitment standard is 20 days spent at very least, just saying about the amount of time needed on this game to be a decent player

I have more total AFK hours clocked then your clan's requirement. xD

You could also do what Mogamu is doing and go against the meta and try builds that people wouldn't normally use

So you are saying he is finally catching on to being different! I covered this market way before anyone else....

OP You could simply just play the game with your favorite stuff and just set out with a goal of have fun and not intent on always grinding or even using the best of the best stuff.

You played a 1000 hours and don't move the game?

The skinner box really grabbed ahold of you, didn't it?

Don't "move" the game..? What?

"If you and you're friend both have 500 hours each, you're just beginning and more likely than not, you're not mastery rank 20...If, at 500 hours, you think you've done it all, you're wrong...500 hours in....you're very much still a noob to the game..

I have 3300 hours in game, mastery rank 20 1/4 (you read that right)...and there is still plenty to do...

So don't think that 500 hours is ground breaking and you've mastered everything. At 500 hours, your just breaking the ice and starting. If you bored and "can't find nothing to do", then you probably don't wanna really play Warframe..."

Don't understand this. Just cuz you've played for 3,000 hours, doesn't mean there's stuff for me to do past get the absolute top tier gear. Ranking up mastery is definitely not as entertaining for me as it is for you. I got the best stuff and now I don't have anything to use that stuff on apart from get worse stuff of a different variety. See where my problem lies? Regardless, you're definitely wrong about the noob thing. Say what you want if you've played for that long, but I've got the same powered stuff as you - it doesn't take that long to get the best gear once you're strong..

"Help new players"

That one's actually a great idea to me, but I'm from Oceania and there's a lot less people to help in my server.

I recently was in pretty much the same state as you - got bored, been playing for roughly 1 year, ~1200hours, rank17.

I just did raid+nm raid daily (if I'm home) for like 2 weeks straight, spent the rest of the time reading books, watching youtube stuff, playing other games. Then new update came out and got hooked up again.

U18 in two days, so new stuff to do soon

Just stop grinding and play for fun. The reason I keep coming back to the game is that feeling of raw satisfaction I get when I manage to dominate a difficult mission or mode which I had previously struggled against ; it means my skills and my gear have both improved. And of course I get to look badass while doing it.

Wrecking havoc with Mirage and a tonkor. Galatine my way through a horde of infested. Racking up kills with Banshee. Trying out new frames and guns, analysing by hand what DE did right and wrong with the new content. That just feels so good.

Also, "meeting" nice people who you can do stuff with and have funny chats. Imo that's the most important part, the community.

That's one of the bigger issues Warframe has. Once you reach a certain point, the fun just stops. 

You can do what some of the above posters suggest, which is make your own gameplay, but it doesn't fix the issue that Warframe has no endgame(play). 

What I've been doing is maxing stuff to reach MR 20 / 21 but I don't recommend this to anyone. Its hell. 

Just leave until U18, finish all the content, then leave again.