Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Greetings From The Heretic Healer

Yzjdriel

Hey all.  If you haven't guessed by now, I'm Trinity.

"Heretic Healer" is a title I carry from DnD, where I was the Cleric.  I also had the only one-hit-the-boss spell, so I earned the nickname by killing everything instead of healing people.

Little bit about myself, my name is Yzjdriel, or Zid for short.  Not my real name, obviously, but it's what I'm called here.

I am currently MR 11, my most-used frames are Trinity Prime and Zephyr, with Ash Prime sitting in third.

My preferred weapons are Sancti Tigris (since I'm not 12 yet it's just Tigris for now) and Galatine, with my secondary switching between Lex Prime and Sancti Castanas depending on whether I'm in a Spy mission or not.

Fun fact: you can ride on top of Vay Hek's head and repeatedly shoot him in the face without having to worry about him killing you.  I found this out by accident one day, and I've been doing it ever since.

That's all for now: I have forum posts to comment on!

"Heretic Healer" is a title I carry from DnD, where I was the Cleric.  I also had the only one-hit-the-boss spell, so I earned the nickname by killing everything instead of healing people.

This has to be 4E. There's no way this would've happened anywhere else (without multi-classing, anyways).

I actually first multiclassed as an antipaladin (my character is CE).  The spell I'm referring to is an enhanced Implosion.  With the perks I have it's 35 damage/level over four rounds, unless target is LG (the polar opposite of my alignment), in which case the damage doubles.  My character is level 75, so that comes out to a nice 10,500 damage in one casting (assuming this boss is no larger than Collossal, is not ethereal, and is not LG, which very few bosses are).

This is indeed 4e.

Edited by Yzjdriel

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS!

No problem with it, since I play warhammer 40k with the actual models, not just the vidya gaems. So I cant say much to a DND player. enjoy the forums, most of us are nice

I've actually never played Warhammer.  The Heretic comes both from the fact that the healing class in WoI is called "Heretic" and from the fact that the healer in most games is NOT supposed to out-damage the wizard.

Give Dark Heresy, Only War, or Rogue Trader a go if you want a break from D&D. They're TRPGs (like D&D) in the 40k setting and even allow for conversion/integration of each system (IE an Only War/Dark Heresy campaign where an Inquisition party and an Imperial Guard party fight side-by-side.). Very grimdark (well, Warhammer did coin the term) although there's a custom setting called Brighthammer if you want a more high-adventure themed setting with the system. IIRC the books (rules, campaigns, guides) are like $20 USD (and available as PDFs) so it's arguably cheaper to play than D&D (and in Only War's case, you'll probably spend a lot more time on a single campaign...).

The actual Warhammer/40k game is a minis wargame, and requires a lot of time, patience, and money just to learn and play. Even more so if you want to make your minis look nice. Honestly I can't say the entry cost is justifiable, but if you have a lot of disposable income, you can give it to me might want to also take that for a spin.

Honestly I can't say the entry cost is justifiable, but if you have a lot of disposable income, you can give it to me might want to also take that for a spin.

Lol

I've actually started Eclipse Phase lately, and that's pretty fun.  It's different from your normal TRPGs, but I like the worldbuilding the devs did.