Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So While Waiting For U18

Stratego89

I decided to go back and finish (I'd barely started) DE's "Warframe 0.5" aka Dark Sector. As horribly clunky as the controls and mechanics in that game were, it was amazing. Graphics and Sound were spot on to really create a tangible atmosphere. The enemies and bosses were great. The change of mechanics throughout kept what should have felt repetitive very fresh, and the difficulty was anything but artificial. I really loved the amount of situational awareness I needed to keep from being curb stomped by everything. The way the market and gear worked also really made me think about how I managed everything. I only ended up with the only setup I actually liked near the end- and it was like night and day to how effective I was in combat. Not because the other gear I had was bad but because of how much it matters to have something that fits how you fight. The story was kinda... lacking, but hey at least it was original.

I really wish that DE would take some of what they used for the boss fights in Dark Sector and apply them to warframe. Yes, some of them lasted a good 20 minutes for me even when I was doing everything right, but they were fun and not cheese-able. Unlike what we have in warframe where you just sit on a perch and gun everything down with your OP gear without having to think about anything.

Edited by Stratego89

When I played Dark Sector, I mostly rolled with the starting Tenka pistol and Glaive. Sniper rifle purely for back up. Was good fun...least, till the ammo ran out then it was playing face tennis with the Glaive.

Then it became awesome.

Thing is, due to it being a single player game, it's a lot easier to set up those scenarios, especially when you consider that the scope of power you have access to still requires clever use. A lot harder setting up a situation like that when you can just negate a map, enemy movement...take your pick.

All the same, the Stalker fight and the Nemesis fights were certainly my favourites. Former just because of needing to pay attention to the splashing or you'd die, or the latter because it required a solid grasp of the Glaive to really work.