The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Range: Polearms Vs Staves

(PSN)thinkfasthippie2

Question

Is it general consensus that the orthos prime has more range than the bo prime? Also wondering if I should replace my primed reach on my bo p for a mod that would suit it better. I already have primed heavy trauma, collision force, fury, spoiled strike, pressure point, voltaic strike and virulent scourge on it as well. Took 3 formas with mod cap from flailing branch to fit them all. I am looking for a dps weapon as well, this one I often use for void

4 answers to this question

keep p reach on everything

i'd replace spoiled strike by berserker on your build, procs well without any added crit chance (you'll get way more DPS).

add spoiled strike on a build with pressure point and fury : 3.2*1.1/(2.2*1.3) = 1 + 23% bonus DPS  (+15% with a steel charge)

add berserker : from 0% to 75% DPS increase

flailing branch

clashing forest FTW, that's comming from a 20d use of bo p

edit : added math

edit : unscrewed up the math

Edited by vazerd68

They're the same or nearly the same, as far as I can tell - but Shimmering Blight is MUCH better at hitting things than Flailing Branch.

BUT Flailing Branch has a combo that opens an enemy to counterattack finishers - and if you wanna kill trash...

clashing forest FTW, that's comming from a 20d use of bo p

Yeah, definitely for killing trash and mobility.  Still, finisher openers are a pretty big deal, though it's no Coiling Impale.