Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Needs A Token-System ... Asap

Dysno

I dont know why games still base their loot so much on RNG. World of Warcraft has shown that it is not suited for online games.

It creates frustration, alot of frustration and no sense of accomplishment! BUt thats what players need to "stick with a game".

Lets see what warframe does: You can get almost everything by playing the game, no need to pay money. Thats needed the game makes more money the more players it got, even if the most dont pay anything. In order to "hook" ppl they need a sense of "almost next achievement".

Warframe doesnt have that. Warframe has "i got the next thing" or "i dont know when i will get it".

Warframes main ways of getting stuff you want is a RNG.

New Warframe? RNG boss mob .... its not fun to kill a boss mob 70 times and still not getting what you want.

New weapon? RNG Alert mission, and dont you dare miss this ONE mission when the thing you want comes up! Good luck next month!

New mod? RNG drop!

Take the newest Warframe, vauban: Its a THREE PIECE Alert mission! Dont you dare and have a real life, go to work or school and miss one part of it ... good luck next month .... if you arent working again.

The idea alone is very frustrating! Of course you can buy it, but dont kid yourself, ftp lives from the players who play it for free and the hardcore ones giving money every day. Take away all those that dont invest more than 20$ a month! ITs not enough to get more players.

Now imagine if you can "melt" those RNG items into tokens. For example: Every blueprint can be melted into a "token of warframe". WIth 3 or 5 or whatevery token you can buy yourself a blueprint of your own!

"Melt" a common artefact into a token ... 10 artefact tokens buy you a  rare one.

"Melt" a dual dagger into a token ... 20 tokens can buy yourself a hate, or melt a hate, and get 5 tokens(its rare)... 20 tokens get you glaive!

THis way, every drop is an achievement! Tokens did help World of Warcraft, and it will help Warframe!

And no drop is special, see that's the problem. The psyche of gamers is largely is largely incompatible with pure token systems. If you "over-tokenize" then people get bored because then it is a straight-grind, as opposed to occasionally getting "lucky" from the RNG. The devs have to be EXTREMELY careful with how they implement any change to the system, beyond fixing broken RNG mechanics (i.e. Hellfire, which they have stated is a priority).

Also, this has been discussed before extensively.

Being able to melt-down un-wanted blueprints is an interesting idea.

I usually oppose the "token" idea because I think it's silly for Councilor Hek to be carrying around a bunch of Lotus fun-bucks that we loot from his dead clones.

This, however, could be a decent idea. Maybe even a system where you pay credits to have some Lotus-faction entity melt it down for you, so it isn't just a straight trade. Then, make it take like ~20 or so BPs worth of tokens to buy a single specific BP.

This way, it always makes sense to work for the weapon or frame you want.

You know that if after 20 runs you haven't found that Ember Helmet, you can at least try and trade for it by melting the other BPs into tokens.

Good idea.

"Optional inevitability."

I encourage that in every game I ever suggest anything for, though not enough developers or players think in that direction.

The "tokens" could easily have lore-friendly names and appearances giving them a "material presence"

as well as multiple tiers to fine-tune their system.

And no drop is special, see that's the problem. The psyche of gamers is largely is largely incompatible with pure token systems. If you "over-tokenize" then people get bored because then it is a straight-grind, as opposed to occasionally getting "lucky" from the RNG. The devs have to be EXTREMELY careful with how they implement any change to the system, beyond fixing broken RNG mechanics (i.e. Hellfire, which they have stated is a priority).

Simply including multiple tiers retains the current magnitude of drops. Nothing says they all need to yield the same amounts of tokens.

The game has been here for 1 year or less, don't rush them :P They are working to improve it.

How about no one suggests anything, after all, the developers are already "working to improve it"!

e_o

One of the main problems i see is, that it gets harder and harder to get what you want. ENdless defense mission to get banshee ... new items get added, every mod, every key thats a "possible drop" in defense means its less likely you get the item YOU want RIGHT NOW!. Imagine in half a year, whats the chance to get a banshee bp in a defense mission with so many new added mods keys and what is to come.

Frustrating to even think about it!

Maybe even use tokens to change resources. Give 10000 nanos for 10 tokens. 1 token can buy you 100 plastides ... you can even use a rank system with tokens. THe higher your rank the better the "tradeoff" gets.

Rank 6 you get 120 plastides per token, rank 10 150 ....

alot of possibilities, but RNG is not the future of loot when loot becomes more and more with every update!

"Optional inevitability."

I encourage that in every game I ever suggest anything for, though not enough developers or players think in that direction.

The "tokens" could easily have lore-friendly names and appearances giving them a "material presence"

as well as multiple tiers to fine-tune their system.

Simply including multiple tiers retains the current magnitude of drops. Nothing says they all need to yield the same amounts of tokens.

How about no one suggests anything, after all, the developers are already "working to improve it"!

e_o

The thing is that this has been suggested before MANY times and the devs said in the livestream that they thought about doing this.

Maybe even use tokens to change resources. Give 10000 nanos for 10 tokens. 1 token can buy you 100 plastides
I like this, it's a simple and logical method with a large safety margin for tuning.

you can even use a rank system with tokens. THe higher your rank the better the "tradeoff" gets.

Rank 6 you get 120 plastides per token, rank 10 150 ....

alot of possibilities, but RNG is not the future of loot when loot becomes more and more with every update!

Except players don't have the same mastery rules, depending on how many exclusives they have.

Those items need to have their Mastery contributions disabled before giving Mastery Ranks any more weight.

Edited by Denninja

Except players don't have the same mastery rules, depending on how many exclusives they have.

Those items need to have their Mastery contributions disabled before giving Mastery Ranks any more weight.

Maximum of 6,000 mastery points from exclusive frames, and 3,000 for each exclusive weapon, which is, Lato Prime, the two Vandal weapons, and the Skana prime. Meaning, that at most, 18,000 extra mastery points, which isn't much.

if they did this i'd stop playing

i don't want to play a sub par version of WOW.

I don't want to grind for tokens. I want my loot and drops to have value.

Too bad they currently don't.

You're grinding more for material drops than WoW does right now. And if you think this is a subpar version of Wow, or would be for tokens, then that's a little sad...

What we need is both tokens and drops. Having both a random element and static, even if it's only technically static, is proven to keep players playing. Why do you think gambling is so addictive to many?

Over in DCUO they have both items that you can only get by paying cash for, items you can only get for "marks", and items you can only get from drops/Vault, and I think it's a pretty good system. Perhaps if they implemented something similar here it would be more appealing to everyone.

Over in DCUO they have both items that you can only get by paying cash for, items you can only get for "marks", and items you can only get from drops/Vault, and I think it's a pretty good system. Perhaps if they implemented something similar here it would be more appealing to everyone.

Dont do this! Having items only obtainable by paying will ALWAYS lead to the "pey to win" argument! Its bad, ver bad! a FTP game lives from the free players as well! They drive the ones that pay.

Dont do this! Having items only obtainable by paying will ALWAYS lead to the "pey to win" argument! Its bad, ver bad! a FTP game lives from the free players as well! They drive the ones that pay.

The items that you pay for over there are almost entirely cosmetic, the few that aren't are vastly outmatched by what you can get with marks, and or the vault drops. I'm guessing you haven't played DCUO? 

Question is what weighs heavier.

Still not having found 'Barrel Diffusion' after 300+ hours into the game or the exhilarating feel should it finally drop.

I liked the system in DCUO where you had random drops and tokens as well. Unlocking all the gear was quite the incentive.

I think it would be an addition that's beneficial for most players.

I haven't played DCUO in a while though but last time I checked all items that could be bought with real money were purely cosmetic skins. And I don't object paying for skins.

Edited by Lord.Finster

Question is what weighs heavier.

Still not having found 'Barrel Diffusion' after 300+ hours into the game or the exhilarating feel should it finally drop.

I liked the system in DCUO where you had random drops and tokens as well. Unlocking all the gear was quite the incentive.

I think it would be an addition that's beneficial for most players.

I haven't played DCUO in a while though but last time I checked all items that could be bought with real money were purely cosmetic skins. And I don't object paying for skins.

Exactly. I think some of the people here have never played DCUO, so they object to what they don't understand. The only thing I can think of in DCUO that isn't cosmetic is the Legends characters, only a few are real money, and the rest are done with marks, are the real power hitters, and the cash ones are just slightly better versions of characters you can already get.

Maximum of 6,000 mastery points from exclusive frames, and 3,000 for each exclusive weapon, which is, Lato Prime, the two Vandal weapons, and the Skana prime. Meaning, that at most, 18,000 extra mastery points, which isn't much.

You omitted the Snipetron, on top of that total being subject to increase over time.