The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Spoiler, 4Hours Into The U18

Morkislair

Ok DE, this is gonna be a love letter; free of spoilers.
If you're a player who has not done the Second Dream yet though, I advise you not to read it; these is pretty much the magnitude of my experiment of it, and I wouldn't want my impressions put your expectations where they shouldn't go and spoil your experience.

I have just been through the Second Dream, and here are a few thoughts.
I've been playing warframe for a little more than two years now, I started just before the Gravidus Dilemna. To me, Warframe was a grinder's black hole, a very enjoyable action flick with a nice universe. The game is not without flaws, but the gameplay, the constant evolutions and additions kept me playing for all this time, which is saying something: except for this very game, I'm a solo and offline player.

I'm a 30 year-old human and play a wide variety of games for a wide variety of reasons. Through the literally hundred of games I've experienced, very few have moved me; really moved me, to a profound degree. Among others, the end of Baldur's Gate 2, Gothic 3 and Outcast, the Legacy of Kain series, the Dreamfall series, Journey, Flower, Shadow of the Colossus, and more less-known games like Syberia and To the Moon.
When I started Warframe, and for the two years before this night, had you tell me I would place Warframe among them, I would have laughed.

Well...
Not any more.
You really outdid yourselves. This quest, this very quest... to me, it was a true, singular moment in my life as a gamer, et je pèse mes mots.
The tension you had on the two last devstreams was palpable. To me and many of the people I've talked to about this, U18 would make or break warframe's future. To me, you passed. With flying colors. The moment of understanding, when I realised the links with what you've been doing for the last year and a half with your half-hidden scattered pieces of lore... that moment... If I had to compare those moments, I would link it to learning who you are in KotoR, the conversation with the Sovereign in Mass Effect 1, realising what your voyage led to in Journey, the moments when pieces come together at last in the conclusion of Legacy of Kain. This "ah-ha!" moment, with all the work of the atmosphere you build in the missions of the quest, moved me to tears.

I had expectations... but this is above and beyond.
I will cherish these moments, and would like to thank you for those.