Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] My One Real Complaint About The Update, Concerning The New System

Aumaan

When we are are supposed to pick a focus school some of the descriptions are exceptionally unclear.  I hate being forced to make a major decision like that without being given more info than a vague description.

I prefer caster frames such as Ember or Volt, in fact I main Volt Prime.  I figured Vazarin, the school made for reacting and adapting to the enemy might involve a focus on Tenno powers, I'd also considered Naramon with it being the know thy enemy tree but I decided Vazarin sounded like it fit my playstyle more.  Apparently healing is now considered countering the enemy.  It's not horrible, I can definitely use the powers, especially the ability to instantly revive allies (a bit iffy on the fact that it's toted as "up to several times per mission" since the exact amount isn't given and if it's total instead of per ally...) but it's not what would have been my first choice. The fact that one of the Vazarin powers is a passive that reflects damage taken, and again, with super squishy Volt Prime being my main, that seems like something I'd need to grab a tank frame to use.

Zenurik on the other hand, the actual energy/power school is labeled as the "Dominate the Enemy" tree who's purpose is to "choke an opponent of all resources". Stun enemies, restore energy, increase power efficiency, see through walls, yeah that would have been my pick.

Now I've got to rely on the Sortie drop table being nice enough to give me a Zenurik lens so I can start working on the 50k focus xp I need to unlock it, and hope that the fact that my Primary school being Vazarin doesn't make "secondary" school abilities less effective.

TLDR - I really love the update but I would have preferred much clearer descriptions of each of the schools and either showing what each schools default power was or simply showing the trees at the choice.

Edited by Aumaan

Feel the exact same, the choice was really just shoved in your face and the fact you can't progress until you do make it seemed kinda suckish. Chose Madurai or whatever it's called since I felt it would be the only non sucky one. A few missions in and I already don't like it. Damage falls off quick.

I did not even know of the Focus system.  I picked Naramon cuz that's kinda what my real life philosophy is like.  I'm not disappointed whereby the tree is melee focused, seeing as Valkyr is one of my top 3 warframes.  But I definitely would have preferred to know what the other trees would have had as abilities.

I picked UNAIRU, and luckily my two frames are Chroma and Nova. Ice Armor Tank Chroma, that only uses Melee for end-game. Very useful to petrify enemies and gain an Armor boost.

However, after learning about Vazarin reflecting damage, it could have been way more useful since Chroma already sits at about 98% damage reduction. 

With the Vazarin Lens, it sounds like the ability is that of the UNAIRU lens.

Unairu states that you can win the fight without conflict. This implies that the Vazarin Lens (the one that causes enemy attacks to reflect, meaning you aren't conflicting with them) makes way more sense on the Unairu tree. Compared to you Petrifying an enemy, meaning you are the one causing a conflict, all be it, to make the enemy stop by turning them into stone, you are the the one causing conflicts. 

Not only are the definitions completely backwards compared to the abilities they give, but you don't even know the abilities until you look them up.

Edit: And I'm still looking them up after 20 minutes... No info on them yet in terms of screenshots and such.

Edited by ShadesofWhites

Vazarin is actually a powerful healing tree, not "counter" focused at all.  There is a single node that unlocks a damage resist effect if you take it, out of several other effects.  The only other "counter-y" upgrade is an effect that stuns enemies that get too close to you after using the skill.

Well, I wouldn't know that because DE doesn't give that info... So, there's your sign.

(Not trying to be mean, just trying to show a point that the current way it is handled, there is no information about these. Which is a serious downside considering they are suppose to be End-Game mechanics.)

Edit Pryyo posted this... SOOO only 3 more to go.

Unairu: http://imgur.com/NxltF2S

Zenurik: http://imgur.com/tNQCniG

Edited by ShadesofWhites

When we are are supposed to pick a focus school some of the descriptions are exceptionally unclear.  I hate being forced to make a major decision like that without being given more info than a vague description.

I prefer caster frames such as Ember or Volt, in fact I main Volt Prime.  I figured Vazarin, the school made for reacting and adapting to the enemy might involve a focus on Tenno powers, I'd also considered Naramon with it being the know thy enemy tree but I decided Vazarin sounded like it fit my playstyle more.  Apparently healing is now considered countering the enemy.  It's not horrible, I can definitely use the powers, especially the ability to instantly revive allies (a bit iffy on the fact that it's toted as "up to several times per mission" since the exact amount isn't given and if it's total instead of per ally...) but it's not what would have been my first choice. The fact that one of the Vazarin powers is a passive that reflects damage taken, and again, with super squishy Volt Prime being my main, that seems like something I'd need to grab a tank frame to use.

Zenurik on the other hand, the actual energy/power school is labeled as the "Dominate the Enemy" tree who's purpose is to "choke an opponent of all resources". Stun enemies, restore energy, increase power efficiency, see through walls, yeah that would have been my pick.

Now I've got to rely on the Sortie drop table being nice enough to give me a Zenurik lens so I can start working on the 50k focus xp I need to unlock it, and hope that the fact that my Primary school being Vazarin doesn't make "secondary" school abilities less effective.

TLDR - I really love the update but I would have preferred much clearer descriptions of each of the schools and either showing what each schools default power was or simply showing the trees at the choice.

I support this, I do not want to be a Vazarin, it's a useless school for me and there was absolutely no way to know what choosing it entailed.