Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts On Lens And A Suggestion

ZeroSoulEater

First of all I think the lens systems is fine where it is. This is endgame material it should take some time to fully complete. I rather have it take me a month to complete one lens then in one game sitting. I don't want to get bored so fast and then just waiting for new content. The problem I see now with the Lens is XP here is my suggestion-

When gaining xp with any given lens on you could gain shared xp if someone also has that same lens equip. This will make the xp grind a little less what it is now. You can play with friends/clan members and go with the same lens, of if you a solo player that plays with randoms if a random has the same lens as you, you get more xp towards the end.

The limit for how much you can get a day is also a good idea, why?, because it is trying to tell you not to max out theses lens so fast and enjoy it. Today is day 3 of the U18 and I think people are complaining more than enjoying.

My last concern is that in the future more skills could be added to the lens tree, so I don't think it will be a good idea to be able to stock up on points when you complete a Lens because that will mean when they add new skills/abilities to the lens, it will be unlocked day one of when those skills/abilities were released.

Comment

how you feel?

is my suggestion positive, negative, or neutral?

how long you think it will take you to complete a single lens, given your work/school/family/other you have responsibility for.

I have 3 lenses. My first from the quest i put on my trinity. I thought something like, hey i use trinity a lot might as well put it on her. Well i now 100% with all my being regret it. The lens only gives you points if you kill things with whatever its attached to. Trinity can hardly kill anything with her powers. I would like to swap my lens but i cant. My second and third lenses are on a melee weapon and Ember Prime. I think gaining focus points with them is fine. But man i wish i could take the one off my trinity. I get more points in one minute with Ember than i would get in 10 missions as Trinity.

4 waves of draco with roughly 4-600 kills(all warframe power kills) i get like 9k points with no booster. I would have to do draco 8-9 times to get my points for the day. With melee stealth kills i can get about the same in a ceres exterminate mission. IDK maybe i should just buy an affinity booster every week to make it less grindy. I think you should be able to farm lenses on the orokin moon or something. A greater lens cost 4 of the same lens, so without buying them for another player you have like a 1 of 20 chance of getting a specific lens from the sortie. Every talent on the focus system has multiple levels right. Level 0-3 and some talents cost like 80k points to unlock. Who knows how many to level it up again. It would take you months of daily grinding to get a single focus tree done. 

My opinion if they want to put a daily cap on how much we can get then make getting the points a bit easier to grind out. (affinity to focus conversion rate)