Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Keys

Ozrik

Can you still get these as mission rewards? Been trying for days and haven't seen one, could just be my really bad luck but would like to know if this was a change that went in during hotfixes we've had recently.

I'm starting to see a trend of comments like this since I started playing Warframe. The devs adjust or add something, like keys as rewards on defense missions whatever they poked on seems to be common for a while afterwards. Lots of people seem to think the reward rate on void keys went down, and I agree. I noticed them as rewards much more often right after they were added.

Same thing happened with the reaper blade and latron prime reciever. After they were moved to 'common' on T3 a bunch of people in my clan immediately found them within one or two missions, but I procrastinated a few days and when I went T3 diving with friends we couldn't get either of them to save our lives and other people started whining about the same thing in council/clan... 

Maybe this is just the company's MO when it comes to these changes. Make it common for a while to make people happy then settle into the 'real' drop rate?

I'm starting to see a trend of comments like this since I started playing Warframe. The devs adjust or add something, like keys as rewards on defense missions whatever they poked on seems to be common for a while afterwards. Lots of people seem to think the reward rate on void keys went down, and I agree. I noticed them as rewards much more often right after they were added.

Same thing happened with the reaper blade and latron prime reciever. After they were moved to 'common' on T3 a bunch of people in my clan immediately found them within one or two missions, but I procrastinated a few days and when I went T3 diving with friends we couldn't get either of them to save our lives and other people started whining about the same thing in council/clan... 

Maybe this is just the company's MO when it comes to these changes. Make it common for a while to make people happy then settle into the 'real' drop rate?

This is pretty much how it is.  I can't get those components either.  Money wasted and time I'll never get back.  Same with friggin control modules, they're impossible to get.

I'm done with this game for a while.  F*** you DE for being such douchebags, even to those who funded the development in this game.  YOU MIGHT TRY LISTENING TO US A LITTLE MORE Y'KNOW.  Or make a game that doesn't revolve around farming that well, never rewards anything.

This is pretty much how it is.  I can't get those components either.  Money wasted and time I'll never get back.  Same with friggin control modules, they're impossible to get.

I'm done with this game for a while.  F*** you DE for being such douchebags, even to those who funded the development in this game.  YOU MIGHT TRY LISTENING TO US A LITTLE MORE Y'KNOW.  Or make a game that doesn't revolve around farming that well, never rewards anything.

Rage much? - You knew it was random when you bought it and they don't publish exact chances. It's not DE's fault you're a compulsive gambler.

Rage much? - You knew it was random when you bought it and they don't publish exact chances. It's not DE's fault you're a compulsive gambler.

Funny how people who have the parts they're looking for always chastize the ones who are unfortunate in their RNG luck.  Gratz on having a fun time getting the drops you want.  Stop being a $&*^ to those of us that aren't so lucky, it's not raging at, "gambling," it's raging at the game mechanic that encourages it, and more importantly, the complete lack of a voice players, or even founders, have.  They say they make a drop common, but it still isn't, or at least not for me and many others.

I have a right to rage.  It's capitalism.  I'm a paying consumer, and I'm dissatisfied. 

Funny how people who have the parts they're looking for always chastize the ones who are unfortunate in their RNG luck.  Gratz on having a fun time getting the drops you want.  Stop being a $&*^ to those of us that aren't so lucky, it's not raging at, "gambling," it's raging at the game mechanic that encourages it, and more importantly, the complete lack of a voice players, or even founders, have.  They say they make a drop common, but it still isn't, or at least not for me and many others.

I have a right to rage.  It's capitalism.  I'm a paying consumer, and I'm dissatisfied. 

No.. you're a compulsive gambler making assumptions. Read your own posts where you quoted me. I don't have the parts I'm looking for and you ARE gambling.

Buying a chance with money to 'maybe' get what you want is EXACTLY gambling. FACT. There is no room for opinion. You gambled, you lost, you're mad, and you are making crap up to try and act like it's someone else's fault.

I hope you do leave the game until they tone down their use of RNG mechanics.

Obviously your willpower can't handle it.

Edited by VKhaun

No.. you're a compulsive gambler making assumptions. Read your own posts where you quoted me. I don't have the parts I'm looking for and you ARE gambling.

Buying a chance with money to 'maybe' get what you want is EXACTLY gambling. FACT. There is no room for opinion. You gambled, you lost, you're mad, and you are making crap up to try and act like it's someone else's fault.

I hope you do leave the game until they tone down their use of RNG mechanics.

Obviously your willpower can't handle it.

And you're assuming I bought those void keys, stop making assumptions if you're going to tell others to do the same.  Everyone is a gambler in this game.  You calling one person a gambler is calling every member on these forums, including yourself a gambler.  I get it, we're gamblers.  Just because we're gambling doesn't mean we can't express displeasure at the mechanic or the RNG.

It's nothing to do with my willpower, I'm at over 100 void runs(only bought two void packs) and am frustrated at the complete waste of time while other people can get exactly what they want when they want it, all they have to do is a couple runs and bam, shiny new Primes.

Edited by Swaggermeistress

I've been dwelling on the gambling aspect introduced in U8 for a while, and it bothers me. Prior to U8, correct me if I'm wrong, everything you could spend money (plat) on had a quality of certainty. But now, for the first time (to my knowledge), with the introduction of void key packs, you can spend money on an RNG item. Is DE in such desperate financial straits that this is necessary? We all know problem gambling is a thing. To me, it is nothing but unethical - it would absolutely be better to offer Prime items for purchase in the market, than to do this.

I came to this game deeply cynical, as I do with most F2P titles. But, on an upbeat note, I'd like to note it is possible to do F2P ethically. As an example, I'd point to Path of Exile. I mean, Warframe was a bit stingier, but they were both on the right track with the pay-to-unlock-storage-space (PoE: bigger stash, Warframe: slots for frames and weapons), and cosmetic enhancements like helmets (sort of, obvs they do have a gameplay impact but it's pretty minimal), colour pickers, sentinel masks, and so on. Warframe also offered quite a few things for platinum to reduce the grind factor, which, ok, I can accept that, grudgingly, as long as there is that certainty about what you're paying for, and a reasonable expectation that you could achieve the same thing with a few hours of gameplay.

So. My point. Void key packs. Highly questionable. Definitely put me OFF spending any more than the $20 I already spent for a couple of colour picker extensions and a bunch of equipment slots.

And you're assuming I bought those void keys, stop making assumptions if you're going to tell others to do the same.  Everyone is a gambler in this game.  You calling one person a gambler is calling every member on these forums, including yourself a gambler.  I get it, we're gamblers.  Just because we're gambling doesn't mean we can't express displeasure at the mechanic or the RNG.

It's nothing to do with my willpower, I'm at over 100 void runs(only bought two void packs) and am frustrated at the complete waste of time while other people can get exactly what they want when they want it, all they have to do is a couple runs and bam, shiny new Primes.

lol @ trying to turn it around. You were the one who came here saying you bought them. It's not gambling if you don't spend money, and yes, I gambled and bought some, I just didn't rage and pretend it wasn't gambling when I didn't get what I wanted.

You're still doing the same thing and it's still not fooling me or anyone else.

You gambled.

You lost.

You raged.

You pointed fingers.

I called you on it.

Deal with it.

lol @ trying to turn it around. You were the one who came here saying you bought them. It's not gambling if you don't spend money, and yes, I gambled and bought some, I just didn't rage and pretend it wasn't gambling when I didn't get what I wanted.

You're still doing the same thing and it's still not fooling me or anyone else.

You gambled.

You lost.

You raged.

You pointed fingers.

I called you on it.

Deal with it.

Gratz!  You win at criticizing others on the interwebz!

VKhaun, stop putting salt in the wound.

Swaggermeistress, stop falling for trollbait.

kgb_cyborg is currently the main person in the thread I agree with.

If you don't like how something works, don't put money into it. Simply stated. Either cut it out completely, or lower input altogether.

This is called boycotting. This is called being a responsible consumer.

If people stop buying void keys, or only buy them sparsely. Then viola, the RNG gets tweaked once more to something even more bearable and drop rates become decent again.

Personally, I have 4 raid I's and 2 exterminate I's acquired through defense missions (and when I was farming stalker and spamming M Prime, I kid you not) so there are other ways to get these things.

Then again the only actual thing I'd like from the void would be Forma bp's and latron parts (since I got Hate from a stalker) so I might be a little biased.

Personally, I've never received a Void Key as a mission reward. It's been mentioned many times before, but the drop percentages for rare items (e.g. Neurodes & Control Modules) are very low right now, as are the chances for Void Keys appearing as a reward.

Prior to u8, I was able to get on average 1-3 rare materials per boss run. I can see how that might be too easy from the Devs' perspective, but taking an average of 30 runs on a boss (or even any level really) before you get a rare material drop is just annoying.

Being excited by the RNG when you get a Void Key or a Banshee Blueprint at random as a mission reward is fine. Having to farm an area over and over and over and over and over again 30+ times just to get a single rare material to drop is not.

The idea has been proposed elsewhere to remove the specific blueprints that might drop from enemies and replacing them with a new form of currency, and as long as you have enough of this currency (and a high enough player rank) you can directly purchase the item you want.

Moreover, the same idea can be applied to alerts, just making the items gained from alerts now require this same currency, and grant this currency to the player for a completed Alert mission.

Edited by rhoenix

Can you still get these as mission rewards? Been trying for days and haven't seen one, could just be my really bad luck but would like to know if this was a change that went in during hotfixes we've had recently.

1% chance to get key as reward and about 0.1% for tier 3, u need to complite 500 waves in average to get 1 key and 5000 waves for tier 3. It's extreemly broken ATM, developers forcing us to buy keys from store and i dont like it.

Gentletenno,

While I agree that this is a sore topic, please don't channel your frustration against each other. Try to stay on topic, civil and prove your individual points without attacking each other.

Thanks.

PS: Just like mod packs, key packs are pure RNG and have no discernable "true value". Not happy with that myself.

Gentletenno,

While I agree that this is a sore topic, please don't channel your frustration against each other. Try to stay on topic, civil and prove your individual points without attacking each other.

Thanks.

PS: Just like mod packs, key packs are pure RNG and have no discernable "true value". Not happy with that myself.

I think when players start verbally assaulting one another, something has to be done about the source of the fight.

I have 150 hrs played and still dont have "Handspring" & "Thunderbolt" but i'm ok with it coz its almost not affect my gamplay but keys it's other story.

I haven't spent a cent on this game, cause they can't even be honest about the pricing for platinum in Europe. I was actually about to, cause I wanted more warframe and weapon slots, but then I read about this.

75 platinum = 3.99€

150 platinum + 20 bonus = 8.99€

2 * 3.99€ = ? Well DE apparently thinks it's 8.99€. Might seem like a minor thing but them lying about what you get for your money was enough for me not to spend anything. And with the whole void key gambling thing I'm glad I didn't, if that's the direction they are taking this game I don't even want to play it for free.

Edited by Mikki79