Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Map Editor

SamxFisher

Being an online game, it would be quite difficult if not clunky to do this.

The level creation is modular; levels are built on the fly using a set of rooms, kinda like Lego blocks. But those Lego blocks have to stay consistent across everyone that uses them. If people don't have the right ones, there are going to be issues. You could basically kiss drop in-drop out gameplay goodbye.

Being an online game, it would be quite difficult if not clunky to do this.

The level creation is modular; levels are built on the fly using a set of rooms, kinda like Lego blocks. But those Lego blocks have to stay consistent across everyone that uses them. If people don't have the right ones, there are going to be issues. You could basically kiss drop in-drop out gameplay goodbye.

Well there are more difficult editors as sandbox 3 from crysis 2 or sandbox 2 from crysis, or gears of war editor (unreal editor) and u can make campaign maps that can be various minimaps joined by zone de delimitations.

I know what u are saying, modular is a cool implementation for this game, but if u remember, developers have said there will be outdoors zones, I dont think there will be modular creation of outdoors maps, or if there are, will be so much linear, this reminds me the game (kingdom under fire: circle of doom) from Xbox 360, outdoor maps with randomized areas but always lineal, never a sandbox.

Then I think with a map editor we could make a map as always or do minimaps to be autojoined by the engine but with some rules, for example: create 4 rooms of 2x15 (corridors), 7 rooms of 4x6 (rooms for killing enemies and looting), 3 rooms of 12x15 (giant rooms for doing some missions goals, killing bosses, enemies etc)

I'm aware of UnrealEd :p

I just don't see it being very viable with an online game, that already randomly generates your world every mission. Why play a static map when your game changes every mission?

For doing viable the making new maps.

But as I said, they could make some rules for creating random generated maps, u can see it in the above message:

1. Create 3 corridors of 4x15, 7 fighting and looting rooms of 5x6, etc...